• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ScipioAemilius

ScipioAemilius

Centurion du forum francophone

• Forum Sub-Moderator
  • 512 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
  • I like to play:Strategy (Europa Universalis III, EU:Rome, Rome Total War) and some RPG (NWN, TES)

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:26 PM

I used to play a lot of flash games on windows and I still do on mac, but I've noticed that my Safari seems to lag a lot when playing flash games. I first thought it was related to too many flash windows being loaded at the same time, so I downloaded ClicktoFlash, but I have noticed once more that flash applications are laggy, whereas they used to run pretty well under Windows Firefox... Is there something I can do to improve the performance of online flash experience or is Safari doomed with a laggy integration of the flash device?
Posted Image

If there is a problem with one of my wrappers, please let me know by posting on the game thread AND by sending me a pm.
If there are no problems, then a little "Thank you!" is always heart-warming! ;)

#2 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4,279 posts
  • LocationOver here
  • Graphics Card:Geforce GT 650M, Intel HD 4000, Radeon 6750, Intel HD 3000, Geforce 320m (in 3 machines)
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:RPG and Strategy

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:01 AM

I always do flash in Firefox or Chrome... Safari is horrible with Flash.

#3 ScipioAemilius

ScipioAemilius

• Forum Sub-Moderator
  • 512 posts
  • I like to play:Strategy (Europa Universalis III, EU:Rome, Rome Total War) and some RPG (NWN, TES)

Posted 06 September 2011 - 03:16 PM

I've tried Firefox with flash and the result was not very appealing... I'm starting to feel like Hrachya is right : Apple seems to hate flash...
Posted Image

If there is a problem with one of my wrappers, please let me know by posting on the game thread AND by sending me a pm.
If there are no problems, then a little "Thank you!" is always heart-warming! ;)

#4 DEAD_USER

DEAD_USER

Champion Member

• Members
  • 579 posts
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 06 September 2011 - 03:19 PM

For Flash on my machine Chrome > Safari > Firefox. Try installing the latest beta, instead of the stable may be an option. But Chrome has it's own implementation which doesn't use the regular plugin so that might be the best option universally.

#5 ScipioAemilius

ScipioAemilius

• Forum Sub-Moderator
  • 512 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:23 PM

Thanks Hans! I've tried Chrome and it IS a winner of the flash realm!
Posted Image

#6 yzane

yzane

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Locationbehind you..
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 320M
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
  • I like to play:FPSs, RTSs, RPGs

Posted 13 December 2011 - 04:34 PM

Hans said:

For Flash on my machine Chrome > Safari > Firefox. Try installing the latest beta, instead of the stable may be an option. But Chrome has it's own implementation which doesn't use the regular plugin so that might be the best option universally.

Beat me to it.

Same here, except for the fact that I don't use Firefox. For all the extensions and plugins it seems to pride itself in, the functions of which could be easily handled by the right app, it doesn't seem all that appealing. Chrome is currently better and under better management.
"Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it. But if you do hit him, put him to sleep!"
- Theodore Roosevelt

#7 karacho

karacho

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA 9600M GT
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:01 PM

chrome has a optimized flash player built in. safari and firefox use the standard one that is installed system-wide so the performance should be the same there.

#8 MrWiggles

MrWiggles

Lurker

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 MB
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:54 PM

Apple, does hate flash. Though, they're not alone, just the loudest. Google, and Microsoft both hate flash.

#9 lamountrose

lamountrose

Novice Member

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Graphics Card:amd raedon 6750

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:13 AM

safari is the worst browser, chrome is a distant second. i perfer firefox on my  imac.

#10 KGameLover1

KGameLover1

Need a title

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • LocationWhere I am is where I be
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB, also Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB.
  • I like to play:Everything that's fun
Author

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:20 AM

View Postlamountrose, on 22 August 2012 - 06:13 AM, said:

safari is the worst browser, chrome is a distant second. i perfer firefox on my  imac.
...srs?
Chrome is amazing.

Posted Image

blinxfrost said:

in game my guy spins out of control only way i can control is arrow keys my hands are to nubby to reach them and shot

View my ports! <--- Orcs Must Die, Payday, Fallout, I Wanna Be The Guy, and more!

How to use a Wineskin wrapper!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users