vvsamiamvv

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Graphics Card:512MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)

Posted 28 September 2011 - 04:21 PM

Great game.  Anyone have time to look at porting it?

Game Description
"'Fable III' is the latest installment to the action-packed and critically acclaimed Xbox 360 and Windows franchise that has sold more than six million copies. Fans new and returning will now embark on an epic adventure, where the race for the crown is only the beginning of your spectacular journey. Five decades have passed since the events of "Fable II," and Albion has matured into an industrial revolution, but the fate of the kingdom is at peril.

In 'Fable III,' you will be called upon to rally and fight alongside your people, ascend to the seat of power, and experience the true meaning of love and loss while defending your throne. In your quest to seize power and defend your kingdom, the choices you make will change the world around you, for the greater good or your own personal gain.

Who will you become? A rebel without a cause, the tyrant you rebelled against, or the greatest ruler to ever live?

Fable III Xbox 360 was released in October 2010
Fable III Windows PC will be released in the US on May 17"

http://lionhead.com/Fable/FableIII/

AppDB Link
http://appdb.winehq.... ... &iId=13089

AppDB Rating
Garbage

Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fable_III

#2 syao

syao

Administration Team

• Administrators
  • 664 posts
  • LocationThe Net, Vast and Infinite
  • Graphics Card:[MacBook 13 - Intel GMA950] [iMac 27 - ATI Radeon HD4850] [MacBook Pro 13 - Intel HD3000]
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 28 September 2011 - 05:09 PM

Seems unlikely to happen anytime soon.  The game is rated as GARBAGE on wine appDB, seemingly because of some DRM (on a side note, you didn't include an AppDB link in your request).

AppDB entry: http://appdb.winehq.... ... &iId=13089

Posted Image
This ███ will be left blank in sign of protest █████ internet censorship.

#3 vvsamiamvv

vvsamiamvv

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Graphics Card:512MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)

Posted 28 September 2011 - 05:18 PM

Sorry about that, I accidentally submitted the post instead of previewed.  Added info

So I tried doing this myself using Wineskin.  Turns out that I can get it passed the DRM by using skidrow's paul.dll and installing Games For Windows Live using either the package included with my copy of Fable 3 or winetricks.  It will now launch the  game into a blank screen with the in-game cursor, but doesn't do anything beyond that.  I am poking further to see if I can get it to make any progress.  Would be interested if any of you seasoned porters would have any luck.

#4 MrLumpkins

MrLumpkins

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, United States
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
  • I like to play:Games with well developed story lines that keep you guessing until the very end.

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:46 PM

yah i ran into the same problem vvsamiamvv, i think it may be the games for windows live, but...
Posted Image

#5 seele

seele

Lurker

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:54 PM

Any news on this?

#6 JoRein

JoRein

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Graphics Card:nVidia GT
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:37 PM

Well, since last Post is over 1 year old I tried this once again, but no luck...
Anyone else has newer experiences here?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users