hmtinc

Someone

• Members
  • 1315 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia GTX 760 (2048mb)
    Intel HD 4000 (512mb)
    Nvidia geforce 9400 (264mb)
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:Games
Author

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:55 PM

View Posttarunium, on 14 June 2012 - 08:25 PM, said:

John is married to Carol. They both got $1220. Harold is married to Janet. He got $1980 and she got $1320. Tom is married to Mary. He got $2840 and she got $1420.
correct :D
Let me guess ... You googled it :P
--
HM

#182 tarunium

tarunium

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon HD 6750M
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:10 AM

View Posthmtinc, on 14 June 2012 - 09:55 PM, said:

correct :D
Let me guess ... You googled it :P

No, I did the math. It's just simple algebra. We know the wives got $3960 total and we know that the amounts they got individually are separated by $100, so $1220, $1320 and $1420 are the only options. The husbands got $6040, and then its just a matter of figuring out which combination of 2x, 1.5x and 1x of the wives' amounts totals up to $6040. Tried a couple of different combinations and found the right one.

Anyway here's mine:

Bob is the night watchman at a big company owned by Alice. Every morning when Alice arrives at work she has a chat with Bob as he is about to head home from his shift. One day Alice tells him, "The weekend starts tomorrow. I'm thinking of flying to New York to visit my parents." Bob advises her not to fly but to take the train. He says, "Last night I had a dream that a plane to New York crashed just before it was about to land, and all the passengers died. It may not mean anything, but don't take the chance." So Alice decides to take the train instead. When she arrives in New York she hears that the flight had actually crashed just as it was about to land. There were no survivors. When she gets back to work, she thanks Bob, gives him a reward, and then fires him. Why did she do that?

#183 KGameLover1

KGameLover1

Need a title

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • LocationWhere I am is where I be
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB, also Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB.
  • I like to play:Everything that's fun
Author

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:22 PM

HE WUZ TERRORIZT AND BLEW UP TEH WHOL PLANE
LIKE BOOM
BAM
WHOOSH

every1 dedz

(jokes aside, I'll have to think about this one)

Posted Image

blinxfrost said:

in game my guy spins out of control only way i can control is arrow keys my hands are to nubby to reach them and shot

View my ports! <--- Orcs Must Die, Payday, Fallout, I Wanna Be The Guy, and more!

How to use a Wineskin wrapper!

#184 KGameLover1

KGameLover1

Need a title

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB, also Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB.
Author

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:34 PM

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH I know!!!
So I was thinking and I was like "so a night watchman fell asleep at work & had a psychic dream..." I thought about that sentence for a minute and facepalmed.

Night watchmen shouldn't fall asleep on the job.

Anyway, my turn.
One rainy day, a man was sitting inside watching TV, when a rock came through his window and broke it! He got up in time to see that the three Smith brothers - John, Mark, and Luke running away. The next day, he gets a note.. "? Smith. He broke your window." Who should he question?

Posted Image

blinxfrost said:

in game my guy spins out of control only way i can control is arrow keys my hands are to nubby to reach them and shot

View my ports! <--- Orcs Must Die, Payday, Fallout, I Wanna Be The Guy, and more!

#185 KGameLover1

KGameLover1

Need a title

• Members
  • 840 posts
Author

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:42 PM

Nope. When you get it, you're like "Oh! Duh."

Posted Image

blinxfrost said:

#186 DonGato

DonGato

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationSailing...Well no probably working on the boat...
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia GeForce 320M
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:06 PM

Whoever has fingerprints on the rock, duh.

But seriously, he just questions Smith, because there is only one (small town [or I am wrong]) as the smith brothers he saw running away were on the television.

#187 tarunium

tarunium

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon HD 6750M

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:56 PM

He questions Mark. The note says "? Smith..." and "?" is a question mark, so he should read it as "Question Mark Smith..."

#188 KGameLover1

KGameLover1

Need a title

• Members
  • 840 posts
Author

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:24 PM

he's right

Posted Image

blinxfrost said:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users