7 replies to this topic

#1 Frenchfry

Frenchfry

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:08 AM

I have been using Wineskin successfully on my MBP for a few months, and recently purchased a Mac Pro for some more power and customisableness.

I transferred all my Wineskin things over from the MBP, which runs Lion, to the Mac Pro, which runs Snow Leopard. The problem I have is, besides opening the Winery and Wineskin menu for some of the ports I have, nothing works. It won't install any windows software, it just thinks for a couple seconds and asks me to chose an exe, but it doesn't install anything. Attempting to run a game that previously worked on the Macbook just makes the icon appear in the dock, wait for 10 seconds, then disappear again.

How do I fix this?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Edit: Console didn't help with anything, I don't know if it was supposed to, I just thought it may.
Apparently the app is opening, running and closing as it should. It just does nothing in between those actions.
http://pastebin.com/vjHCixkt
Posted Image

Mac Pro | Macbook Pro
                                               2 x 4-core 2.26GHz w/ 8 virtual cores | Intel Core2Duo 2.4GHz
                                                              512mb nVidia GeForce 120 | 256mb nVidia GeForce 320M
                                                                                   8 x 2 GB RAM | 2 x 2GB RAM
                                                                                     4 x 1TB HDD | 250GB HDD

#2 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here
  • Graphics Card:Geforce GT 650M, Intel HD 4000, Radeon 6750, Intel HD 3000, Geforce 320m (in 3 machines)
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:RPG and Strategy

Posted 15 October 2011 - 03:36 AM

How did you get them from one Mac to the other?

Copying them directly doesn't work, they have to be in a dmg or a zip that saves resource forks.

Also I've found Migration Assistant can break the permissions in the apps so that they no longer work as well...

#3 Frenchfry

Frenchfry

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 03:58 AM

Oh, man I feel stupid now..
My timemachine file was corrupted, so I just wiped the drive and transferred it that way.
I'll transfer it all again in zip files.

Thanks for the quick reply. I really appreciate all the work you do.
Posted Image

Mac Pro | Macbook Pro
                                                                                     4 x 1TB HDD | 250GB HDD

#4 Frenchfry

Frenchfry

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 04:55 AM

Okay, I retransferred everything in separate zip files for each, and when I extract the Dead Island wrapper and attempt to install Dead Island into it, it does the same thing as last time. I direct it to the setup execute and it just thinks for a second and prompts me to pick an execute to launch, without any installation.
I deleted all wineskin and dead island files before retransferring.

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

I also tried transferring the wrapper with the game already installed in a zip file, but it does the same, and only comes up with errors in the LastRunWine after a test run.
http://pastebin.com/TAh39ze0

I'm completely lost and pretty tired, so I have no clue on how to get it to work.
Posted Image

Mac Pro | Macbook Pro
                                                                                     4 x 1TB HDD | 250GB HDD

#5 PommeGolden

PommeGolden

Rookie Porter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 06:32 AM

Wineskin + Engine versions?

#6 Frenchfry

Frenchfry

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:17 AM

The Dead Island wrapper is Wineskin 2.5 with WS8Wine1.3.29 engine.
In general I am using Wineskin 2.5 with engines WS8 1.2.3 through 1.3.29

They work fine on the MBP, but on the Mac Pro, nothing that require more than displaying a window is working.
Posted Image

Mac Pro | Macbook Pro
                                                                                     4 x 1TB HDD | 250GB HDD

#7 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here
  • Graphics Card:Geforce GT 650M, Intel HD 4000, Radeon 6750, Intel HD 3000, Geforce 320m (in 3 machines)
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:RPG and Strategy

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:46 AM

X11 isn't launching...

Is there an X11 log, or what is in Console.app when you try to launch?

#8 Frenchfry

Frenchfry

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 12:24 PM

It seems to have fixed itself, for Dead Island at least.
I deleted the Dead Island file off of the new computer, and then copied it from the external HD again, and all of a sudden it decides to cooperate.
I will try out the other things that weren't working after I update the Winery to 2.5.1 and let you know if the problems continue.
Posted Image

Mac Pro | Macbook Pro
                                                                                     4 x 1TB HDD | 250GB HDD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users