• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here
  • Graphics Card:Geforce GT 650M, Intel HD 4000, Radeon 6750, Intel HD 3000, Geforce 320m (in 3 machines)
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:RPG and Strategy

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:17 PM

Maybe the space is an issue... But it works fine with a space on my system

#32 syao

syao

Administration Team

• Administrators
  • 664 posts
  • LocationThe Net, Vast and Infinite
  • Graphics Card:[MacBook 13 - Intel GMA950] [iMac 27 - ATI Radeon HD4850] [MacBook Pro 13 - Intel HD3000]
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:50 PM

I can reproduce the issue (launchd crash) even with a valid CFBundleID, so it has to be something else at fault...
I made a Test.app (Test.Wineskin.prefs) wrapper, followed the above STR, and I got the same freeze.  If you can't reproduce it and want to give it a try on my laptop, I can give you access through vnc, teamviewer, etc (or if you have any idea and want me to try something specific, just say so).
I'll experiment some more as soon as I get my screen back (trying to wait without rebooting).

In the meanwhile, here's some bits of info:
Note: In the following listing, Silmaril.local is the computer where I ran the test.  'syao' is my username on it.  The machine's language is English, and there is only one user in it.

Spoiler
Worth of note:
- I can ssh to the machine just fine
- launchd is still running
- I can't use Launch Services to run applications, it'll throw error -10810.  I had never seen this on Lion, but occasionally on SL, after randiom Finder crashes, unrelated to this issue.
- There are very few processes running as my user, compared to what I have when I log in.  That explains the blank screen.  launchd is on that list, and if I kill it, it restarts like normally does.
- I can start apps by running their executable (i.e. not going through launchd).  In the example, Terminal popped up on my screen, as well as its menu bar, and it was usable without problems.
- The launchd list of managed processes is short and sad, compared to what you normally expect to see.
- I can start any apps like that, including Dock and Finder.  But things will stay horribly broken, since nothing really works as it should without LaunchServices.
- Now that I have my menu bar back and functional, I can use the Log Out command, and it works as intended.  When I log back in, the system is again fully functional.
- After logging back in, I can run again my Test.app, and it works just fine.  If I also run Test copy.app, I get back to the blank screen issue (so it seems 100% reproducible so far).
- When the lockup happens, my ssh session is terminated.  (Is there any 'kill' command in Wineskin that in some circumstances could break and kill all of my processes instead of just what it wanted to? Hmm...)

Posted Image
This ███ will be left blank in sign of protest █████ internet censorship.

#33 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here
  • Graphics Card:Geforce GT 650M, Intel HD 4000, Radeon 6750, Intel HD 3000, Geforce 320m (in 3 machines)

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:12 AM

the launchd problem is not my fault...

are you getting the problem if you have 2 unique cfbundleids?  If you have 2 with the same and try to run them at the same time... yes that problem occurs, and I can do that even without Wineskin, cuz I think there are some bugs in launchd.  Your not supposed to be able to run 2 different apps with the same CFBundleID...

#34 syao

syao

Administration Team

• Administrators
  • 664 posts
  • LocationThe Net, Vast and Infinite
  • Graphics Card:[MacBook 13 - Intel GMA950] [iMac 27 - ATI Radeon HD4850] [MacBook Pro 13 - Intel HD3000]
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:32 AM

Ah, I see.  They had the same ID (though, I cannot reproduce the issue by duplicating a native app and running it twice, not sure if there need to be special circumstances to trigger it without Wineskin)
The problem doesn't happen with apps with different IDs, no matter what I try.

Posted Image
This ███ will be left blank in sign of protest █████ internet censorship.

#35 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:02 AM

View Postsyao, on 11 May 2012 - 12:32 AM, said:

Ah, I see.  They had the same ID (though, I cannot reproduce the issue by duplicating a native app and running it twice, not sure if there need to be special circumstances to trigger it without Wineskin)
The problem doesn't happen with apps with different IDs, no matter what I try.
but for some users... if they have different CFBundleIDs it still has the same error... but the one user in the post I linked to earlier... if he set his system to English, it worked, if he set it to a different language, then it screwed up even with different CFBundleIDs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users