• Create Account

Cider XBox 360 controller emulation with PS3 controller?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 Kama.Stein

Kama.Stein

Champion Member

• Donators
  • 646 posts
  • LocationCyberspace
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GTX 680MX 2GB
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
  • I like to play:First Person Shooters, Arcade Games, Adventure Games, Platformers, Puzzlers

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:33 AM

I didn't use the xbox360ce.exe tool to get my 360 pad setup with it either.

I simply used the .ini file that goes in the same folder as the xbox 360 controller emulator files and through trial and error and some mac native gamepad testing programs guessed which buttons correspond to which numbers as they are detected by those dll's and also the axis which may be different depending on what kind of gamepad you are using. Like the xbox ones are different from the logitech ones because the triggers get axis' which are normally put onto a thumb stick on a pad like the logitech so everything has to be shifted around when configuring it for the 360 pad. Also another difference I had to take account for is on the 360 pad the directional pad is registered as buttons rather than a hat switch.

That's all the advice I can give because like I said before I don't have a PS3 pad so I don't know how the axis' and buttons are mapped on it.

BTW, I wouldn't suggest replacing the dll's in the system32 folder if anyone is doing that. The better way is to put it into the folder with the .exe for the game. I think it may even need both the regular dll's in the system32 and the override one in the game's binaries folder in order for it to work.
--Kama
It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.
-- Alex Delarge, A Clockwork Orange
Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB Hard Drive

#32 SouthPawGamer

SouthPawGamer

Lurker

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon 6750HD PCIe
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:57 AM

Hi there,

I'm coming across this post in search of some solutions to a similar problem (I realise the post is 2 years old).

I purchased an Xbox 360 Controller in hopes of using it with the Skyrim Cider Wrapper's 360 controller function.
I've read extensively on any and all programs to be used for controller functionality (tattibogle's, gamepad, controller mate, joystick mapper) and currnetly have each of those.
But I am at a loss as to why my laptop (MBP 15" Quad Core 2.4 2010) Doesn't seem to recognize the Controller.

The most response i've gotten, is the green ring light up upon plugging-in, and blinking when I take my computer from Sleep to working again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users