12 replies to this topic

#1 cluthz

cluthz

Senior Hall monitor!

• Super Forum Moderators
  • 2836 posts
  • LocationNorway
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia GTX780 GHz Edition
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
Author

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:15 PM

I'm really enjoying the game so far!

THIS CONTAINS MILD SPOILERS!!!!!!!

I'm now lvl 9. Warrior/Destruction mage hybrid. Focused on 1h and destruction spells.
KIlling enemies have so far been fairly easy, except a huge fiasco trying on a mammoth and a giant :)

I got my horse with my first money and have now finally got a house!

I'm still trying to not get too much into the politics in the game and have yet to chosen any sides.
BUt i guess I'm gonna go a rebel path with
Spoiler

I must say I love that the game is very playable in 3rd person, which the previous versions wasn't really an option.

I've just done quests in riverwood and whiterun, although I had a 1.5 hrs exploring when I got my horse.

The game is only 6GB, so I'm amazed how big it seems. There are a few things I feel they have rushed, like AI on enemies and companions. I'm pretty sure I could kill a giant by jumping up and down from stones and let the giant run back'n forth. And I almost had my companion killed in a tunnel with swinging axes you have to dodge, he was like bambi on ice :p

How far are you guys in game? Chosen what class to play and politics?

BTW, try keep spoilers to a minimum!!!

[HackPro i7-4790K, 3x SSD + 5TB HDD • 16GB RAM • NVidia GTX 780 GHz Edition • OSX 10.10] . [MacBookAir 13 1.7GHz • Intel HD 3000 • OSX 10.9.5]

How to port Steam games .... My Youtube Porting videos ... Play my RPG

#2 Merlynstorm

Merlynstorm

Lurker

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:38 AM

I've been playing the same roll you have. Warrior/destructo. Gotten up to level 17 now, and working my way through the story at a slugish pace. Been doing The Companions quests a lot.

#3 valderon

valderon

Novice Member

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:32 AM

Ive played a ton, loving the game its amazing. Ive done the Thief quest line and a ton of side quests. Im level 35 at the moment, and just jumped back on the main quest line. The main quest is pretty badass compared to the last game.

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:14 AM

FUS RO DAH!

Got one level 20 character which I've done lots of side quests on but pretty much no story. So started a new one for the main story.

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2011 - 01:56 AM

I was at my brother's house on Wednesday.  He loaded up the game for the first time.  I'd watched several hours of Let's Play footage (check out yogscast, by the way - very funny stuff) so I had a good idea of what to do, where to go.  Watching my bro carefully create a character, then plod through the first bits - I thought the game seemed a bit crap.  I thought: why do I play videogames at all?  Even when I win, I still lose.  

Then my brother handed it over to me.  

I fired my first sneak attack arrow.

It was a good thing the game crashed when it did.

#6 kzour

kzour

Novice Member

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Graphics Card:IDK
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
  • I like to play:rpg's and minecraft

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:31 AM

hey try this combo illusion and destruction, fire ball and a ward works real well
Oh noses did I eated ur nose?

#7 elGrafico

elGrafico

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVidia GeForce 320M 256mb

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:22 AM

My only character so far is the default Nord named Prisoner 'cause I didn't expect to like/play Skyrim that much, never played the earlier Elder Scrolls games...

...lol now he's a genuine played through lvl 50-something Sneaky Beast Blooded Warrior Mage toting Daedric Artifacts and has one hit killed a dragon - pro tip: don't 1hk dragons 'cos the game bugs out and you miss absorbing the soul!

I've kept out of the politics too so far, but definitely going 'cloak sometime soon.

The many (mostly minor) bugs aside, is def one of the greatest games ever... lots of the side quests are as fun and detailed as the main quest line =)

#8 mantar

mantar

Lurker

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Graphics Card:Unknown

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:57 PM

Am I really missing much with Skyrim?

It hasn't caught my interest much but I loved Fallout.

#9 BLACKNIGHT

BLACKNIGHT

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia
  • Graphics Card:nVidia 860m 2gb
    nVidia 780 ti Gigabyte Windforce 3x edition
    nVidia Titan X Maxwell 3x SLI
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
  • I like to play:Racing
    FPS
    RPG/SKYRIM/OBLIVION/fallout NV

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:48 AM

View Postmantar, on 09 February 2012 - 03:57 PM, said:

Am I really missing much with Skyrim?

It hasn't caught my interest much but I loved Fallout.
yeah it is a great game
Posted Image
When life gets You down, Grab it by the Balls
Ports Done- 9
PM me for Port Requests

#10 Ectropian

Ectropian

Lurker

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:59 PM

I've got a level 50 character, and have wasted my life on this game :)  But I like it.. I'm trying to figure out how to upgrade the app file.  I saw in the news where v1.5 will have new kill shots and some cool stuff, but I'm still at 1.1 I believe.. Any ideas where I can find this info?

#11 GameGuy

GameGuy

Legendary Member

• Members
  • 2127 posts
  • LocationCanada...Eh
  • Graphics Card:nVidia 9400m 256mb
    ATI Radeon HD 6950 2GB
    MSI N670GTX PW/OCE 2GB SLI
  • I like to play:RPG, Racing, and of course FPS

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:23 PM

v1.5 is only a beta patch and has some really bad bugs that can mess up the experience of the game. I would wait till the official 1.5 comes out. But if you want more kill cams try out killmoves + on the skyrim nexus.

Posted Image
Macbook Pro: Intel C2D 2.53ghz, 4GB Ram, Nvidia 9400m 256MB

Hackintosh: Intel i5-3570k, 16GB Ram, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, MSI GTX 670 Power Edition SLI
If my post helped you hit the like button :)

#12 Ann lily

Ann lily

Lurker

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Graphics Card:hihi
  • Operating System:Windows

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:48 AM

I want you to thank for your time of this wonderful read!!! I definately enjoy every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog! hotmail login hotmail email login  hotmail account login

#13 luonvuive

luonvuive

Novice Member

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Graphics Card:ATI Radeon HD 4850
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:57 AM

I was very impressed by this post, this site has always been pleasant news. Thank you very much for such an interesting post. Keep working, great job! In my free time, I like play game: facebooklite.com.br What about you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users