• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 matnathan

matnathan

Lurker

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:23 AM

Hi, I saw in one threat here in the forum someone put a wrapper of GTA IV and when I wanted to enter it was block and it didn't let me enter. How can I enter. I've been trying to port GTA IV but when I launch the game it is a black screen with a music and then it churches. Solution?

#2 ovvldc

ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1256 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris Plus
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified
  • I like to play:stories

Posted 26 November 2011 - 11:03 AM

You mean a thread on the forum? Can you find the link and remind us? What do you mean by block and enter? You mean crashes rather than churches, I presume?

#3 PommeGolden

PommeGolden

Rookie Porter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 01:36 PM

ovvldc said:

You mean a thread on the forum? Can you find the link and remind us? What do you mean by block and enter? You mean crashes rather than churches, I presume?

he means "thread, ""black", "crashes"  :D  :D  :D

http://appdb.winehq.... ... n&iId=8757

GTA 4 requires a fairly (more like "very") new display card to run smoothly....

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
OS: Windows Vista - Service Pack 1 / Windows XP - Service Pack 3
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8GHz, AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4GHz
Memory: 1.5GB XP / 1.5GB Vista
Graphics: 256MB Nvidia 7900 / 256MB ATI X1900
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c Compliant Card
Hard Drive: 16GB of Hard Disc Space
Sound Card: 5.1 Channel Audio Card

#4 ovvldc

ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1256 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:38 PM

I presumed as much, but I was trying to be a snob and urge newbies to at least check their spelling correction software when they post ;). And show the research he did..

#5 matnathan

matnathan

Lurker

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:37 PM

I'm sorry for the spelling, it was too late, and I'm from another country.
Here it's the thread: viewtopic.php?f=126&t=1360&start=120
And in the thread say's that here there is a wrapper but I'm not authorize to read: viewtopic.php?f=221&t=6421
Pds:sorry for the spelling.

#6 ovvldc

ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1256 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:49 PM

I don't remember what the minimum requirements for access to that part of the forum is. Registration at least, and maybe a number of posts? There is probably a policy somewhere :).

The wrapper you pointed at has a bit of description that might help you:
- If the game is endlessly trying to load, then:
	• Enable vsync through the GTA IV settings.
	• Or quit (cmd+q), go into the wrapper > wineskin > screen options. Change the resolution to 800x600 click Done and try the game again. When the game loads up you can quit, and set your resolution back.
	• Or you can, quit (cmd+q), go into windowed mode (see above), start game again and set in-game resolution to 800x600. Game will load. Go into GTAIV options (press Esc) and change resolution to what it was before. 1280x800 by default. Game will load successfully in full screen and windowed mode after this.

It looks like they used Wineskin, so it should be possible to reproduce if you also install a crack.

Good luck!

#7 xXSmOkeXx

xXSmOkeXx

Lurker

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Graphics Card:? sorry no clue ?
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
  • I like to play:Any kind of game with a good fast paced action and love fps games. :D<br />

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:01 AM

This is Beginning to annoy me, But I have been trying for Week's to get Orc's Must Die, Borderlands, GTA IV to work on my new Macbook Pro 15" But. Once I open the File, e.g Borderlands. etc. It open's then closes, but here's the problem, when i open it, got to show package contents, then I open Wineskin.app' then go to 'install Windows Software' then I know i must find the setup.exe file. BUT I CAN'T FIND IT, WHERE IS THIS FILE LOCATED. please Reply. Anyone. WOULD BE MUCH MUCH MUCH, aprecciated.... Thankyou!

#8 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here
  • Graphics Card:Geforce GT 650M, Intel HD 4000, Radeon 6750, Intel HD 3000, Geforce 320m (in 3 machines)
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:RPG and Strategy

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:10 AM

it might not be called setup.exe ... it just depends how they made the game.  Normally the setup/install executable is in the main folder either on the CD/DVD the game came on, or int he main folder of the downloaded version.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users