• Create Account

Words that changed my life forever..(Dedicated to MaxWeber)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 macintosher

macintosher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:42 AM

Sometimes, someone may say just a few words to you, but those few words may change your life forever.
Max Weber

Posted Image

Words that changed my life forever..
      written by A. Bergstein

My world literally came to a stop when I received word of this tragedy. The world has lost a beautiful person who had a deep passion for life. Although my heart has been broken, I take comfort in knowing and believing that although I can no longer see my best friend, he will always be with me. Too often do we take people for granted, thinking that they’ll always be with us. We overlook opportunities to connect with others on a deeper level and we put things off for the next time. Max's death has awakened me to the reality that there may not be a next time and that we should live everyday as it were our last.

Who was Max? Well when you take a look at his posts and all his kind words, you see a great guy, but people on the internet don't even know the half of his greatness. To me Max is my hero, and a hero to many others, a hero of our nation. A man who touched everyone's lives, and forever changed it. A man who's life was so full of color, colors that we often could not see, the color of life. A great man amongst our people, and one who walked with truth and dignity in his heart. A man we will all miss greatly. There are probably some people out there who want to know what makes him my hero, what is so great about a guy who says nice things in his posts. Well I knew him for many years and I would say we had the most intense friendship ever. The way we met is a bit unusual and I'm sure to many of you it may sound like a movie or something, but I encourage you to read on, because this is nothing but the truth, the truth about a wonderful man who will be cherished and missed forever, not just by me but also by thousand's of others.

Now, let me take you to the beginning. Where and when our wonderful friendship began. It was one of those days, I was sitting in school and we were going through the second world war. Not one of my favorite subjects, because of all the horrible things the Nazis have done to my family. My family, including aunts, uncles, cousins, distant relatives and close family friends were deported to Auschwitz in 1943 and were murdered in late 1943. The only one who survived this concentration camp of hell was my beloved mother. Anyhow, It was almost the end of our history lesson, when the principal of our school walked in and asked me out, he said my mother wants talk to me. So I got up and went to see what my mother wants. I was kind of worried, because the day before I got in a fight with a guy from my neighborhood, while we were fighting I broke a car mirror with my elbow, and feared now I'm going to get it.

My mother was standing with her back to me, she was crying and shacking all over. I hugged her and asked her what's wrong. She replied:" He asked me for forgiveness.", I asked her:" Who asked you for forgiveness? For what? What did he do?" My mom said:" He didn't do anything at all, it was his grandfather..." Now, I started crying too, because I realized what this is all about. My mom knew his grandfather to well, Max's grandfather joined the Nazi Party in October of 1920, as its 82nd member. In November 1923, he participated in the Munich Putsch, Hitler's failed attempt to take power in Bavaria (when the Nazi Party later came to power, they awarded the Blood Order to each participant in the Munich Putsch, it becomes one of the Nazi Party's top awards). He was stationed in Auschwitz and was the most feared warden of the concentration camp, people called him the black death. In late 1945 the allies arrested him and convicted him of crimes against humanity, he was then executed in mid 1946.

I was speechless, all sorts of things were going through my mind. I didn't know how to feel about him, I felt, anger, hate, pity but as well admiration and courage. And back then, I would have never thought that I would be best friends with a German. My mother told me that she feels his apology was heart felt and sincere. He didn't just say, I'm sorry. No, he begged her on his knees embracing her legs, crying and asking  for forgiveness for what his family has done to ours. I was confused to be honest with you, because Max traveled all the way from Germany to Israel to ask for forgiveness. That's quite a bit and honestly speaking not everyone would have done such a thing. Usually humans do not like to admit mistakes, they tend to forget about them, especially when it's about the holocaust. My mom also said that this young man is holding a speech later on in the University and he invited us too. Well, I hesitate at first, but then I told my mother we should go.

I will never forget the day I met him, from the moment on he walked towards me and my mother and I looked deep into his eyes who were filled with tears, I knew I cannot be angry with him, especially after what he said to us. With a very sad voice he said:" I'm glad you came, you know all the beautiful and honest things in life are not seen, nor touched, but are felt in the heart. So I offer you to look deep inside of my heart and if you see anything else but beauty and honesty, I promise I will end my life before I fail to live up to everything my heart stands for. If there's no beauty, honesty and love left in it, then I am not worthy to receive your forgiveness nor have I the right to live. I was looking at the grandson of a man who murdered my family but at the same time I was amazed what wonderful human being he is. Nothing like his grandfather, after his speech, all attendees, guests, even professors were standing and applauding with tears in their eyes. A young teenager, with words of great wisdom but also emotion, spoken out of the depth of his soul, this has not only made a great impression with me but with the whole University. He was asked to speak in front of all students and received the high honor of righteousness by the University principal. On this day he taught me a valuable lesson, he said:" Do not look at me as if I am a German because I am not. I may have been born in Germany, I may speak the german language. My family has committed the most terrible crimes in human history, but this is not me. You know, when I look at people I see my brothers and sisters, because logically speaking aren't we all related to each other? I mean didn't our ancestors walk together barefoot across the world? When our ancestors conquered the world, tamed wild animals, created settlements, they didn't make any difference between black or white , jewish or christian. It never matter to them whether  you are small or tall, strong or weak, skinny or chubby, because at the end of the day, the only thing that matters is that we all are related to each other. We all belong to the same species, we all belong to the human race. Everything else like religions, country names, languages and currencies were created by the children of our ancestors. And the course it took from there, was certainly not what they wanted for us. I live in peace, I love you as I love my own brother, I love your mother as I love my own mother. Who knows, our ancestors may have walked together, and if not, let us walk together now". The lesson I was taught by him, still lives on in me, and will live on in me for the rest of my life.

I want Max to know that I have nothing to forgive him for, as he has never done me wrong. But because I love him so much and for the angelic like person he was, I and my mother forgive his grandfather for what he has done to us.

That's who Max was, he was one of the greatest human beings I have ever had the pleasure of knowing in my life. Even though god only granted him with 22 years, he has done more for me or anyone else I know, than any other person who has lived twice or even triple as much as he did. Until his very last day on earth, he fought racism, he fought for human rights, equal treatment for every creature on this planet. And in his will, me and a few friends are opening a foundation in his honor. We will continue his fight, till our time has come, until we will be reunited with our dear and beloved friend Max again. May he be an inspiration to all of you, may you follow his footsteps and consider yourself blessed (religious or not) that you had the chance to get to know him.

Max was buried in Israel, as this was his last wish. Hundred's of people attended the funeral.

Thank you god for a friend like Max.

Sincerely,
A. Bergstein
Posted Image

#2 devilhunter

devilhunter

just dancing to the beat

• Administrators
  • 3051 posts
  • LocationSpace/Virgo Supercluster/Milky Way/Orion Arm/Earth
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA 9800 GTX+
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Author

Posted 12 July 2009 - 01:16 PM

There is an unbelievable amount of emotions in this article.
Thank you for this article that tells us a bit of your lives and your friendship with max, macintosher.
I only wish that i could have learned more about Max Weber in his time he was here, because i really wanted to be his friend.
Finding such a gentle Soul in this world is very hard, maybe next to impossible.

I, too, am a born German and live in Germany, and like Max i despise the crimes the Nazis have done to the Human Race.
Some of my relatives were also killed by the Nazis themselves, despite being born Germans.
A person who sacrifices himself for something others have done a long time ago is nothing short of wonderful and angelic.

Thank you max, for all that you have done for us, and i hope i'll see you again someday in another world.
Hello. Sadly, I am not active here on the Porting Team anymore, and therefore I cannot give support or answer questions to any of my posted Ports or posted topics.

- zero

#3 dafootballer

dafootballer

Master Member

• Members
  • 1259 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia GeForce 9400m
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)

Posted 12 July 2009 - 03:54 PM

like i posted on the blog i feel lucky that we were blessed to have him on our forums he seemed like such an amazing person somebody i would really like to get to know better  :(

Posted ImagePosted ImageJoin the Porting Team Steam Group!

#4 loco

loco

PortingTeam Founder

• Administrators
  • 1186 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 12 July 2009 - 09:02 PM

Like I posted on the blog, I cannot describe how his efforts have helped us in different ways. His ideas will live long within us as inspiration to try the new.

Follow us on facebook:

#5 Crowie

Crowie

Champion Member

• Donators
  • 630 posts
  • Graphics Card:ATI HD 2600

Posted 12 July 2009 - 09:05 PM

He said always: "you are my brother from an other mother". I understand better now and i understand better for wich reason he have choice his avatar and the nickname "max weber"

goede rust in u nieuwe leven Max
Fan of WineSkin http://wineskin.doh123.com/FAQ.html

In memory of my forumfriend MaxWeber (21/06/09)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 alvoc

alvoc

Advanced Porter

• Donators
  • 115 posts
  • Graphics Card:Ati HD5870

Posted 17 July 2009 - 02:30 PM

What a remarkable tribute![*] :shock:  

I didn't know him but I held back my tears when read you 'A', I mean it's with this kind of gesture we can hope that may be one day Humanity will defeat fascism
(But most of rich nations are going trough a crisis as you know & security obsessions,xenophobia & racism are increasing in most of them so we 'll have to watch out even with some games political contents[**]...).

Thanks 'A' now I'm sure Max was a very nice person.

Best regards

To Max: ton souvenir me restera à jamais gravé dans le coeur, mon ami sans visage. :|        

[*]I would like to ask Loco if  he could add a link to download the full text in PDF it would be great? :wink:
[**]I don't understand why Counter Strike's gamers are surprised to see some servers "attacked" by tiny ultra-right groups? :roll: & don't hesitate to make a comment on this post: http://forum.porting....php?f=8&t=1082 ->even if you aren't agree with me of course :D i'm open as you can see

#7 jimjimjimbob

jimjimjimbob

Abandoned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 July 2009 - 11:21 AM

PDF version of "Words that changed my life forever... Dedicated to MaxWeber"

Download
MediaFire
RapidShare
PDFCast

I don't know if there is an 'official/original' PDF version of this or not. This is one that I made basing it on the first post in this topic.

#8 macintosher

macintosher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:16 AM

Thanks for the pdf file jim, much appreciated!
Posted Image

#9 Crowie

Crowie

Champion Member

• Donators
  • 630 posts
  • Graphics Card:ATI HD 2600

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:21 AM

for you
Posted Image
Fan of WineSkin http://wineskin.doh123.com/FAQ.html

In memory of my forumfriend MaxWeber (21/06/09)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 NSObject

NSObject

Coder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:Torchlight 1&2, Skyrim, Oblivion, Minecraft, Left 4 Dead 1&2, Total Annihilation, Gnomoria

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:19 AM

Wow. What a foolish, ignorant, arrogant, impatient soul I am in comparison.
I wish I knew Max.
I saw a few posts ages ago when I joined the forums from him.
He seemed extremely patient and kind, wow.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users