• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Rararararraa

Rararararraa

Lurker

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA Gefore 9400M
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:42 PM

Specs,

Mac 10.5.8
2GB 667 Mhz
NVIDIA Gefore 9400M

I bought PC version of Skyrim.

I downloaded Cider.

I followed these instructions from the Elder Scrolls Page, which are:
Installation
For Cider Wrapper!
1. Drag your game files to /Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim
2. Select your correct Video Settings by dragging either Low, Medium, High or Ultra to /Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim/%USERPROFILE%/My Documents/My Games/Skyrim
3. Play

I copy pasted all the files in the Skyrim CD to the folder it said above.
I didn't understand what it meant by drag the video settings. So instead i opened Skyrim Preferences in the Cider folder and they were set correctly. To low, and the highest screen resolution.

Then i clicked on, The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim to try and start it up. But it did nothing.

I have been trying for hours to figure this out, i have been going through your forums, but i can't seem to figure it out. Can anyone please do me the honor of telling me what i did wrong and how i can fix it.

I thank you very very much.

#2 Rararararraa

Rararararraa

Lurker

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:45 PM

I think i posted this in the wrong forum sorry.

#3 elGrafico

elGrafico

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVidia GeForce 320M 256mb
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:57 PM

HI Moneca,

The PC version requires you to sign in to Steam to play and so it won't work with the Cider wrapper (some limitation in Cider means it can't run 2 executables at once or so I've read...), but the official PC version will apparently work with the Wineskin wrapper from posts that I've seen.

Hope this helps :)

#4 cluthz

cluthz

Senior Hall monitor!

• Super Forum Moderators
  • 2836 posts
  • LocationNorway
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia GTX780 GHz Edition
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
Author

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:05 PM

As far as I know no one has been able to get the game running on 10.5.8.

Also, after patch 1.1 you need to crack the game to make it run in cider. (different versions of razor cracks seems to be the best)

To get the game running now in cider you need to do this:
1. Install the game on a PC or virtual machine.
2. Launch steam and update the game.
3. apply a crack
4. go thru the original instruction.

hope this helps.

Also with 9400M you won't get decent FPS. The 9400M is far from system reqs.

[HackPro i7-4790K, 3x SSD + 5TB HDD • 16GB RAM • NVidia GTX 780 GHz Edition • OSX 10.10] . [MacBookAir 13 1.7GHz • Intel HD 3000 • OSX 10.9.5]

How to port Steam games .... My Youtube Porting videos ... Play my RPG

#5 Rararararraa

Rararararraa

Lurker

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:10 PM

Thank you for the quick reply's. It helped a lot.

#6 cluthz

cluthz

Senior Hall monitor!

• Super Forum Moderators
  • 2836 posts
  • LocationNorway
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia GTX780 GHz Edition
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
Author

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:11 PM

View PostelGrafico, on 11 January 2012 - 09:57 PM, said:

HI Moneca,

The PC version requires you to sign in to Steam to play and so it won't work with the Cider wrapper (some limitation in Cider means it can't run 2 executables at once or so I've read...), but the official PC version will apparently work with the Wineskin wrapper from posts that I've seen.

Hope this helps :)

Actually that's not the case, there are other issues that hinders that from working, namely cider can only run applications that capture full screen, due to some limitations to it's x server.

[HackPro i7-4790K, 3x SSD + 5TB HDD • 16GB RAM • NVidia GTX 780 GHz Edition • OSX 10.10] . [MacBookAir 13 1.7GHz • Intel HD 3000 • OSX 10.9.5]

How to port Steam games .... My Youtube Porting videos ... Play my RPG

#7 Rararararraa

Rararararraa

Lurker

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:16 PM

View Postcluthz, on 11 January 2012 - 10:05 PM, said:

As far as I know no one has been able to get the game running on 10.5.8.

Also, after patch 1.1 you need to crack the game to make it run in cider. (different versions of razor cracks seems to be the best)

To get the game running now in cider you need to do this:
1. Install the game on a PC or virtual machine.
2. Launch steam and update the game.
3. apply a crack
4. go thru the original instruction.

hope this helps.

Also with 9400M you won't get decent FPS. The 9400M is far from system reqs.

Do you know if it will work with wineskin?

#8 playn

playn

Just Playin'

• Donators
  • 1966 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:50 AM

Moved to the Ask For Help section.

Posted Image

'Do you want to spend the rest of your life selling sugared water or do you want a chance to change the world?'

– Steve Jobs

#9 elGrafico

elGrafico

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVidia GeForce 320M 256mb

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:49 AM

View Postcluthz, on 11 January 2012 - 10:11 PM, said:

Actually that's not the case, there are other issues that hinders that from working, namely cider can only run applications that capture full screen, due to some limitations to it's x server.

Thanks for correcting me, I should know better than to believe everything I read in port threads lol. Good to know accurately why it won't run with Steam in Cider :)

So Cider can run / target more than one executable per wrapper?

#10 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here
  • Graphics Card:Geforce GT 650M, Intel HD 4000, Radeon 6750, Intel HD 3000, Geforce 320m (in 3 machines)
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:RPG and Strategy

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:12 AM

There are hacks that hack the exe to work without Steam...

First, you do not copy the game files off the disc, you have to actually install the game in Windows, then move over the Installed version...

You may want to crack the game on Windows and getting it running right with no Steam needed before doing so.

I do not know if it currently works with Wineskin, I haven't tried in a long time (since it came out), but supposedly its possible.

#11 GameGuy

GameGuy

Legendary Member

• Members
  • 2127 posts
  • LocationCanada...Eh
  • Graphics Card:nVidia 9400m 256mb
    ATI Radeon HD 6950 2GB
    MSI N670GTX PW/OCE 2GB SLI
  • I like to play:RPG, Racing, and of course FPS

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:18 AM

For a performance increase there are a couple of mods you could try...I'm not sure if skse works with cider or wineskin but there is a skse plugin that gave me a 45 fps to a solid 60 fps on my pc (mod is called The elders scrolls V Acceleration Layer and can be found on the skyrim nexus)...there is also another mod that does the same thing and its made by alexanderblade who made the asi loader for GTA4. The mod you need to get first is called scriptdragon and the plugin is called skyboost and this mod and plugin can be found on his site...hope this helps...skyboost didn't give me the same effect as the acceleration layer but different gfx cards act differently so its worth a try.

Posted Image
Macbook Pro: Intel C2D 2.53ghz, 4GB Ram, Nvidia 9400m 256MB

Hackintosh: Intel i5-3570k, 16GB Ram, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, MSI GTX 670 Power Edition SLI
If my post helped you hit the like button :)

#12 kweinberg

kweinberg

Lurker

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 320M
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

I apologize if this isn't the right place to ask this, but I got psyched when I saw how recent this thread was.

GameGuy, I followed your instructions

First you will need to get your skyrim files which can be found in <~/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/> on your mac. Then you will need the wrapper which you have already downloaded so move the skyrim game files and the cider wrapper to your desktop for easy access. Right click the cider wrapper and select show package contents and locate <contents/ Resources/ transgaming/ c_drive/ Program files/ DROP SKYRIM FILES HERE(folder may have to be renamed to "The Elders Scrolls V Skyrim")/>. Now you will have one last step and that is getting a no cd crack for the game. This no cd crack allows your to bypass the steam drm and play without having to be connected to steam. You can find one on a torrent site. The easiest would be to download a skyrim skidrow update (NOTE: Around the 11th of this month there was a patch for the game which is 1.6 and I don't know if the patch is working with this wrapper but its worth a try...if you downloaded after the 11th then your game will already be patched to 1.6 but if your downloaded before then you should still be at 1.5.x.xx and is full compatible with this wrapper) so download the skidrow update 8 or newer version if you find one. The crack inside the archive when download should have 3 or 4 files (just the files not the folder and overwrite if needed) in it and should be put into the wrapper in <contents/ Resources/ transgaming/ c_drive/ Program files/ The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim/ DROP CRACK FILES HERE>. Then just do this last little bit of instructions from the topic:
Installation
For Cider Wrapper!
1. Drag your game files to /Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim   Already done above
2. Select your correct Video Settings by dragging either Low, Medium, High or Ultra to /Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim/%USERPROFILE%/My Documents/My Games/Skyrim
3. Play by double clicking the wrapper!

And I downloaded the skyrim update 8 reloaded and put it into the package contents of the cider Skyrim app, because it was my understanding that it serves as a crack to get skyrim via cider running without steam.  And preferences opens fine, allowing me to change screen resolution.  But whenever I open the game itself, the screen sits at black for a moment with a partially visible cursor, and then flashes blue and the game quits.  Where should I go from here in my quest?

Thank you,
Kevin

#13 GameGuy

GameGuy

Legendary Member

• Members
  • 2127 posts
  • LocationCanada...Eh
  • Graphics Card:nVidia 9400m 256mb
    ATI Radeon HD 6950 2GB
    MSI N670GTX PW/OCE 2GB SLI
  • I like to play:RPG, Racing, and of course FPS

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

View Postkweinberg, on 12 January 2013 - 09:03 PM, said:

I apologize if this isn't the right place to ask this, but I got psyched when I saw how recent this thread was.

GameGuy, I followed your instructions

First you will need to get your skyrim files which can be found in <~/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/> on your mac. Then you will need the wrapper which you have already downloaded so move the skyrim game files and the cider wrapper to your desktop for easy access. Right click the cider wrapper and select show package contents and locate <contents/ Resources/ transgaming/ c_drive/ Program files/ DROP SKYRIM FILES HERE(folder may have to be renamed to "The Elders Scrolls V Skyrim")/>. Now you will have one last step and that is getting a no cd crack for the game. This no cd crack allows your to bypass the steam drm and play without having to be connected to steam. You can find one on a torrent site. The easiest would be to download a skyrim skidrow update (NOTE: Around the 11th of this month there was a patch for the game which is 1.6 and I don't know if the patch is working with this wrapper but its worth a try...if you downloaded after the 11th then your game will already be patched to 1.6 but if your downloaded before then you should still be at 1.5.x.xx and is full compatible with this wrapper) so download the skidrow update 8 or newer version if you find one. The crack inside the archive when download should have 3 or 4 files (just the files not the folder and overwrite if needed) in it and should be put into the wrapper in <contents/ Resources/ transgaming/ c_drive/ Program files/ The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim/ DROP CRACK FILES HERE>. Then just do this last little bit of instructions from the topic:
Installation
For Cider Wrapper!
1. Drag your game files to /Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim   Already done above
3. Play by double clicking the wrapper!

And I downloaded the skyrim update 8 reloaded and put it into the package contents of the cider Skyrim app, because it was my understanding that it serves as a crack to get skyrim via cider running without steam.  And preferences opens fine, allowing me to change screen resolution.  But whenever I open the game itself, the screen sits at black for a moment with a partially visible cursor, and then flashes blue and the game quits.  Where should I go from here in my quest?

Thank you,
Kevin
Did you actually install the update into the wrapper or just move it? I would like a screenshot of the contents of the update 8 so I know exactly what I have to tell you because reloaded updates vary so idk if its an update exe and a crack or skyrim esm and bsa files with a crack. Just going to help me out and this process can go a little bit faster.

Posted Image
Macbook Pro: Intel C2D 2.53ghz, 4GB Ram, Nvidia 9400m 256MB

Hackintosh: Intel i5-3570k, 16GB Ram, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, MSI GTX 670 Power Edition SLI
If my post helped you hit the like button :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users