3 replies to this topic

#1 devilhunter

devilhunter

just dancing to the beat

• Administrators
  • 3051 posts
  • LocationSpace/Virgo Supercluster/Milky Way/Orion Arm/Earth
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA 9800 GTX+
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Author

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:49 PM

A little bit of history:
Linksave/linkcrypt/safelinking was introduced by us for posting download links to wrappers and other content;
for protecting download links against hotlinking and abuse, also to avoid link deletion from Hosters via website spidering.
Also to protect some of the other content*, more on that below.

All main download links are now automatically protected by the system via a dynamic links.
This gives us the opportunity to drop the linksave protection from content like Wrappers, old DOS Games and Applications.  
Also because linksave became such an ad-infested place, and the other puzzle things on some of the other sites.... *shudders*

* Only complete game Backupshave to be posted via Linksave.
Because the links posted via the fullgamebutton are not part of the main download part from the system, and for other obvious reasons.

So what this means for people who submit Ports to the Port Database:

You don't have to post Wrapper links via Linksave.in anymore.
Linksave and other link encrypter sites are increasingly becoming a pain, and you can post mediafire or rapidshare or other links like they are into the 'Wrapper Download' fields when submitting a new Port.
Only full Game Backups have to be posted via the fullgamebackup code and encrypted with linksave.in/linkcrypt.ws/whatever in the main description field of the Port.

So that takes care of one of the most annoying things here and as said; you can choose to use linksave further, or not.
We think most will choose not to :D

Members who already have submitted Ports can go through their Ports and submit the direct download links if they like (actually recommended),
this step would also remove some confusion in the future from new users who click on the ads instead of the download links.
Hello. Sadly, I am not active here on the Porting Team anymore, and therefore I cannot give support or answer questions to any of my posted Ports or posted topics.

- zero

#2 Battlefiler

Battlefiler

Veteran Member

• Forum Sub-Moderator
  • 423 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel HD Graphics 3000 (512mb)
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
  • I like to play:Star Wars Battlefront 2

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:04 PM

wow thanks :)
Posted Image

#3 dankoB

dankoB

Legendary Member

• Super Moderators
  • 3011 posts
  • LocationNew Brunswick, Canada
  • Graphics Card:MacBook Pro 11,3
    Core i7 16GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
    2GB GDDR5 vRAM
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
  • I like to play:la rockitar
Author

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:27 AM

Awesome news! The transfer to the new system is providing a more secure PortingTeam for everyone both through IPB and on the Administrative decisions. I am glad I'm still stoked to be a part of this community.

#4 eridani

eridani

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationSylvarant
  • Graphics Card:nVidia GTX 1060
  • Operating System:Linux
  • I like to play:MMO/RPG

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:19 PM

Thats cool bro, thanks. =)