moussaillon

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:34 PM

Posted Image

Porting Request:
This one deserves definitely a port since has been critically and publicly acclaimed, as well as the rest of the strategy serie Dawn of War II.

Game Description:
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II – Retribution is the stand-alone second expansion to Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II, part of the Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War series of real-time strategy computer games. Set in Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000 fictional universe, the single player campaign is playable with multiple races.
Imperial Guard is introduced as a new race, and all races including the races from the original game and the first expansion (the Eldar, the Space Marines, Chaos, the Orks and the Tyranids) are now playable in single-player.[2] (wiki)

AppDB Link:
http://appdb.winehq....rsion&iId=22942

AppDB Rating:
Gold

Reviews:
Metacritic: 80/100
Gamesrankings: 82.22/100

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Mallux

Mallux

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:43 AM

I have tried follow the instructions with Winetricks and the files from the windowsxp installer disc, but to no progress. I still end up with the same "management" error.

#3 Cantello

Cantello

Lurker

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:15 AM

Anyone else tried their hand with this one?

#4 TheTuKays

TheTuKays

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Graphics Card:ati
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 02 December 2014 - 08:09 PM

I've just tried with the latest engine (1.7.31). I installed Steam, then installed it via Steam. For both Steam and DaW2 i needed to disable the dwrite (see https://www.youtube....h?v=CAn8bfszIyw). Pay attention that the dwrite setting applies to the app selected in the other app, so you need to repeat it for both apps.

Then i needed to set the wrapper's screen options to Override & Rootless.

The last problem was that the game crashes when you skip the intro, so in Steam change the launch-options of the game to "-nomovies" (via http://pcgamingwiki....ip_intro_videos)

Hope that helps.

#5 Siazo

Siazo

Lurker

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nvidea 9400, Nvidia 9600
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)

Posted 01 July 2016 - 04:58 AM

Long shot here, but I just tried this method and It is just giving me a blackscreen, I can here sound effects so the program is definitely running, but I can't see anything. I didn't understand the bit about repeating the dwrite process so maybe that is what I messed up? Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users