fanskapet

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Graphics Card:Intel HD Graphics 3000, AMD Radeon HD6750M 512MB
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
  • I like to play:All different types of games both classic cute C64 ones and bloody hardcore games.

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:17 AM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

This is a script i made for automatic installation of Neverwinter Nights 2 windows based expansions to the Native Mac version of the game. The script now supports both the Mac App Store version and the standalone CD version of Neverwinter Nights 2 for Mac.

Requirements
* A full Windows installation of Neverwinter Nights 2 (could be made via wineskin or bootcamp)

The installation must include the latest patches and the following expansion packs.

Neverwinter Nights 2 Mask of the betrayer

Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir

Neverwinter Nights 2: Mysteries of Westgate

* Mac App Store OR CD version of Neverwinter Nights 2 installed on your Mac.
* Run the Mac OS installation of the game once BEFORE running the Expansion Installer app.
* Recomendation: Backup your Neverwinter Nights 2 installation before running the expansion installer.

Changelog

2012-12-24 MINOR FIXES AND TWEAKS

* ADDED A COUPLE OF MISSED FILES NECCECERY FOR MYSTERIES OF WESTGATE EXPANSION.

* UPDATED THE SERIAL REGISTRATION PROCESS FOR THE WESTGATE EXPANSION, NOW SAVES SERIAL FOR MoW IN SEPARATE KEYFILE IN ORDER TO GET THE EXPANSION WORKING.

2012-03-29 SCRIPT CONVERTED TO APPLESCRIPT AMONG WITH NEW FEATURES

* GUI TO SIMPLIFY SELECTING TARGET AND SOURCE FOLDER FOR NWN.

* NOW SUPPORTS BOTH MAC APP STORE AND THE CD VERSION OF NWN.

* GUI WINDOW FOR VERSION SELECTION OF NWN , MAC APP STORE/CD.

* NO NEED TO MANUALLY EDIT THIS SCRIPT BEFORE USAGE ANYMORE!!! JUST RUN, CLICK AND WAIT * * FOR THE MAGIC TO BEGIN.

* USER CHOICE TO AUTOMATICLY BLOCK NWN SERIAL AUTHENTICATION VIA /ETC/HOSTS.

2012-03-24 FIRST VERSION OF THE SCRIPT (BASH SCRIPT)

* SUPPORT INSTALLATION OF WINDOWS BASED EXPANSIONS FOR NWN MAC APP STORE VERSION

* AUTOMATIC APPLY OF SERIAL NUMBERS TO NWN AND IT'S EXPANSIONS.

Download latest version of the installer here
Neverwinter Nights_2_Expansion_Installer_1.1.zip (1.1)

Download archive
Neverwinter Nights_2_Expansion_Installer.zip (1.0)
http://users.kladhes...l_expansions.sh (old bash script)

How do I use this ?
1. Automatic Serial number activation for the expansion installer

1.1 I have not included any valid serials for Neverwinter Nights 2 or it's expansions due to respect to the developers of this great game and it's superb expansions. However you can input your own serial numbers directly into the script for easier installations.

To change the serial numbers right click on the "Neverwinter Nights 2 Expansion Installer" and click "Show Package Contents".

1.2 Expand the directories and open the main.scpt file.

Contents

Resources

Scripts

main.scpt

1.3 Browse to these lines bellow

# SELECT SERIAL FOR NWN
set {button returned:nwn_serial_nwn} to display dialog "Select serial number for: Neverwinter Nights 2" buttons {"SERIAL1", "SERIAL2", "SERIAL3"} with icon caution)
# SELECT SERIAL FOR NWN MOTB
set {button returned:nwn_serial_motb} to (display dialog "Select serial number for: Neverwinter nights 2 Mask of the betrayer" buttons {"SERIAL1", "SERIAL2", "SERIAL3"} with icon caution)
# SELECT SERIAL FOR NWN SOZ
set {button returned:nwn_serial_soz} to (display dialog "Select serial number for: Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir" buttons {"SERIAL1", "SERIAL2", "SERIAL3"} with icon caution
# SELECT SERIAL FOR NWN MOW
set {button returned:nwn_serial_mow} to (display dialog "Select serial number for: Neverwinter Nights 2 Mysteries Of Westgate" buttons {"SERIAL1", "SERIAL2", "SERIAL3"} with icon caution)

1.4 These lines tell the script which serial numbers that are available for the user to pick in the graphical installer.
To input your own serial numbers for the game simply edit the "SERIAL1" SERIAL" and "SERIAL3" for Neverwinter Nights 2 and then for it's expansions in the statements bellow.

Here's an example of adding three serial numbers for the main game of Neverwinter Nights 2.

# SELECT SERIAL FOR NWN
set {button returned:nwn_serial_nwn} to ("Select serial number for: Neverwinter Nights 2" {"XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX", "YYYYY-YYYYY-YYYYY-YYYYY-YYYYY-YYYYY-YYYYY", "VVVVV-VVVVV-VVVVV-VVVVV-VVVVV-VVVVV-VVVVV"} with icon caution

Make sure you add alteast one valid serial number for each of the expansions aswell besides the main game.

2 Running the Neverwinter Nights 2 expansion installer

2.1 Double click on the "Neverwinter Nights 2 expansion installer" app from Finder.

2.2 Choose which version of Neverwinter Nights 2 for Mac OS you have installed (Mac App Store / CD version)

2.2 Select the directory to your Windows installation of Neverwinter Nights 2.

2.3 Select the Neverwinter Nights 2 "my documents" directory from your windows installation (usually c:\Users\<MY-USERNAME>\My Documents)

2.4 Select the directory to your Mac installation of Neverwinter Nights 2 (For the Mac App Store version you need to select the application file instead of a folder).

2.5 Verify that you want to continue with the installation.

2.5 Enter your Mac OS users password. (after this the installer will copy all necessary files for the game in the background, just wait 'til you get a new popup)

2.7 Choose if you want the expansion installer to apply serial numbers automaticly or if you want to do this manually afterwards (the installer do not contain the serial numbers as default,

for more info look at "1. Automatic Serial number activation for the expansion installer"

2.8 Choose if you want the expansion installer to modify your /etc/hosts in order to block out BioWare's CD KEY validation process (you won't be able to use the standard server browser for network games if you do so but can still play direct connection sessions).

2.9 Choose to start the game or go back to Mac OS X

You should now have a lot more hours of gameplay with your Neverwinter Nights 2 game with all the expansions B)

Neverwinter Nights 2 : Mask of the betrayer - Official Launch Trailer
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=t3qPl4pjaeE

Neverwinter Nights 2 : Storm of Zehir - Official Launch Trailer
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=rM0lUT90Z9Q

#2 devilhunter

devilhunter

just dancing to the beat

• Administrators
  • 3051 posts
  • LocationSpace/Virgo Supercluster/Milky Way/Orion Arm/Earth
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA 9800 GTX+
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Author

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:11 PM

Very neat, nice work.
Can't test it because i didn't get it from the App Store.

With a little work this could become a double click and run app.
Hello. Sadly, I am not active here on the Porting Team anymore, and therefore I cannot give support or answer questions to any of my posted Ports or posted topics.

- zero

#3 fanskapet

fanskapet

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • I like to play:All different types of games both classic cute C64 ones and bloody hardcore games.

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:53 PM

ah yeah sure it can be done.. could probably be done with applescript aswell instead of bash code.

also i could support the standalone version of it but then i would need to get my hands on that version in order to try it out :-)

shouldn't be too hard though.

#4 hmtinc

hmtinc

Someone

• Members
  • 1315 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia GTX 760 (2048mb)
    Intel HD 4000 (512mb)
    Nvidia geforce 9400 (264mb)
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:Games
Author

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:21 PM

View Postfanskapet, on 27 March 2012 - 07:53 PM, said:

ah yeah sure it can be done.. could probably be done with applescript aswell instead of bash code.

also i could support the standalone version of it but then i would need to get my hands on that version in order to try it out :-)

shouldn't be too hard though.
I could make a applescript program for you that would run this script in terminal
--
HM

#5 fanskapet

fanskapet

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:23 PM

shure im not all into apple scripting even tho i could learn it pretty fast don't seem to be that difficult for easier things :-).

I will try to get the standalone version and make some options to enable installation for both the mac app store version and the stand alone..

maybe clean off some of my dirty scripting code too :-)

#6 fanskapet

fanskapet

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:41 PM

View Posthmtinc, on 27 March 2012 - 08:21 PM, said:

I could make a applescript program for you that would run this script in terminal

Can you send arguments to a script via user inputs in an apple script?

it would be pretty sweet if you could ask the user for
* source_dir
* target_dir
* mac app store / standalone

and then send the variables to the script his way

nwn_install_expansions.sh "/my/windows/nwn/installation/directory/ "/my/mac/nwn/installation/directory" "appstore/standalone"

would be sweet getting rid of the need for edit the bash script and also a big plus if this can be done with gui input boxes via applescript

#7 fanskapet

fanskapet

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:53 PM

You don't need to put in any time and effort in this.. im rebuilding the whole script totally into Apple Script.. seems pretty easy :)

Atleast more easy for GUI users :)

#8 loco

loco

PortingTeam Founder

• Administrators
  • 1186 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:28 PM

Either way, you could eventually make it a one-click app using NSTask. In fact, if the bash script works for all users, you could already use that along with [NSTask launchedTaskWithLaunchPath: arguments:]. The user would just need to run your app, select the two paths using a NSFileManager within the app, and click a button. Simples!

Great idea by the way!

Follow us on facebook:

#9 fanskapet

fanskapet

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:05 PM

View Postloco, on 28 March 2012 - 10:28 PM, said:

Either way, you could eventually make it a one-click app using NSTask. In fact, if the bash script works for all users, you could already use that along with [NSTask launchedTaskWithLaunchPath: arguments:]. The user would just need to run your app, select the two paths using a NSFileManager within the app, and click a button. Simples!

Great idea by the way!

View Posthmtinc, on 27 March 2012 - 08:21 PM, said:

View Postdevilhunter, on 27 March 2012 - 05:11 PM, said:

Very neat, nice work.
Can't test it because i didn't get it from the App Store.

With a little work this could become a double click and run app.

Converted my script to a fully functional Apple Script now instead and fixed support for both the CD version and the Mac App Store one. And some various enhancements.

Tried it out on my iMac with both versions and it worked nicely. :-)

#10 wMin17

wMin17

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:07 AM

Wow, can you do this for other games as well?

#11 fanskapet

fanskapet

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:26 PM

View PostwMin17, on 30 March 2012 - 04:07 AM, said:

Wow, can you do this for other games as well?

Totally depends on how the Mac port (version) of the game has been made. There's no generic rule that the windows based expansions of games should work on other ports.

#12 janedoe1575

janedoe1575

Lurker

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel HD Graphics 3000
  • I like to play:neverwinter nights

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:35 PM

everytime i try to download this i get all the way to where i type in my Mac user password and then it gives me this message-
cp: /Application/music_X1/*: No such file or directory

Please help.. i have the mac app store version of this game

#13 fanskapet

fanskapet

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:27 AM

View Postjanedoe1575, on 30 May 2012 - 03:35 PM, said:

everytime i try to download this i get all the way to where i type in my Mac user password and then it gives me this message-
cp: /Application/music_X1/*: No such file or directory

Please help.. i have the mac app store version of this game

By the look of your problem it seems that you have choosen /Application/ as the folder where you have the Windows version of Neverwinter Nights installed. You must choose the game folder of the original Windows version of the game otherwise the installation of the neccecery files don't work.

Also make sure to select the correct Mac version of the game you have bought.

#14 Varex

Varex

Lurker

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:31 PM

I am getting a very similar error to the error that janedoe1575 is getting, or got.

Mine reads "cp: /Volumes/BOOTCAMP/Program Files/Atari/Neverwinter Nights 2/Music_X2/*: No such file or directory"

My difference is that I have a DVD version of the game.

Any ideas?

#15 fanskapet

fanskapet

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:17 AM

View PostVarex, on 17 November 2012 - 02:31 PM, said:

I am getting a very similar error to the error that janedoe1575 is getting, or got.

Mine reads "cp: /Volumes/BOOTCAMP/Program Files/Atari/Neverwinter Nights 2/Music_X2/*: No such file or directory"

My difference is that I have a DVD version of the game.

Any ideas?

That's odd what does the directory structure look like in your NWN installation ? Give me your "dir" output

#16 fanskapet

fanskapet

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:17 AM

I've just updated the script to it's final status probably.. not much more to improve now.

#17 ChrisShaffer

ChrisShaffer

Lurker

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Graphics Card:MacBook Air

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:23 AM

If I only have Mask of the Betrayer, what lines do I need to comment out to run this script?

#18 ChrisShaffer

ChrisShaffer

Lurker

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Graphics Card:MacBook Air

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

OK, I managed to get copies of SoZ and MoW and install them. They run find on the windows side, and the applescript porting program runs successfully too. However, I now have the problem that some of the art and presumably other files from Mask of the Betrayer are missing. In character creation, the race, class, domains, feats, etc. images from MotB are missing. They are replaced by solid colored boxes (blue, red, etc.) Also, while the other campaigns will run, choosing Mask of the Betrayer causes a crash to desktop.

Any suggestions?

#19 JessicaSideways

JessicaSideways

Lurker

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1GB of GDDR5 memory

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:45 PM

Does it offer No DVD support? I am using a Retina MacBook Pro.

#20 lazyeyedboglin@hotmail.com

lazyeyedboglin@hotmail.com

Lurker

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:21 PM

I'm having the same problem as ChrisShaffer. Also when I start up Storm of Zehir the book you use to register characters doesnt seem to be working... Has anyone encountered this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users