8 replies to this topic

#1 devilhunter

devilhunter

just dancing to the beat

• Administrators
  • 3051 posts
  • LocationSpace/Virgo Supercluster/Milky Way/Orion Arm/Earth
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA 9800 GTX+
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Author

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:28 PM

The Game Backups section is now online in the Port Database.

This section was previously the 'Full Game Ports' section in the old Forum, and contained complete Game Ports (ready to use Game Port, Wrapper + Game files) posted by various Members here.
In the old Forum, this section required 3 Posts in the Forum to access, but this is not the case anymore.
To simply view the Game Backups section in the Port Database, simply choose 'Yes' for the 'View Backup Ports' setting in your Account's settings.

Click your Username on the top right corner -> click 'My Settings'
On the Bottom of the Page is the 'View Backup Ports' dropdown box, which you can set to 'Yes'

Now you can see the Game Backups Section in the Port Database.

As a reminder, we do not support piracy or warez here in any way, but we allow every user to upload their Backup Game Port (if they want to) for others to use here.
Users downloading Backup Ports from the Port Database will get a little legal Notice Box before downloading them to remind them that they should actually own the game before downloading, among some of the usual legal disclaimers.

For the Porting Community, there is a delicate balance in both extremes, some who only deal in Wrappers and some who want to use Full Games only.
We would like to keep up that balance, and we give every user the opportunity to choose if he wants to see these potentially copyrighted Game Ports (different for each country), or not.
If you don't want anything to do with Game Backups from others and stick with Wrappers, don't agree to the Box in your Account's settings.

With the Game Backups section online, we have at last everything online that the old Forum had.
We had to work on importing and sorting out the dead Ports (because of the Megaupload Meltdown) quite a bit, that's why that section came up a bit late.
Also implementing the way it is now (agree and then see the section) took some time as well.

Some Notes:
- When you post Backup Game Ports into the Backups Section of the Port Database, you HAVE to use linksave, linkcrypt or another linkcrypter site to 'encrypt' the download links.
While Linksave is not required anywhere else in the Port Database, it is in the Game Backups section. No way around that.
Users who post Game Backups without saving the downlaod links via link encrypter will get a Warning.

- The [ fullgamebutton= ] and [ fullgamenote] tags are still available for posting a Game Backup into a Wrapper only Topic.

- Basically we allow for complete Ports everywhere in the Port Database, except the standard Game Ports section. Wrappers only there.
I'll make a post about what's allowed where to clear things up shortly.

- also thanks to tanoulas, Battlefiler cybershark and thedoctor45 for the cleanup help in the Full Backups section.

P.S.: Happy Easter Everybody!
Hello. Sadly, I am not active here on the Porting Team anymore, and therefore I cannot give support or answer questions to any of my posted Ports or posted topics.

- zero

#2 eridani

eridani

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationSylvarant
  • Graphics Card:nVidia GTX 1060
  • Operating System:Linux
  • I like to play:MMO/RPG

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:18 AM

Is there an easy way to move, duplicate or have one single port in both sections (wrapper & backup) so i don't have to create twice a port entry?

#3 honeyloops

honeyloops

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon HD 6750M (PCIe)
    Intel HD Graphics 3000 (Built-in)
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
  • I like to play:F/T Person Shooters
    Strategy Games

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:00 AM

Is there any way to get around having to Sign Up with the upload hosts? I just tried to grab Josh Daley's wrapper from the Game Ports section for my copy of Empire TW and I hit a brick wall.

Also I tried grabbing thedoctor45's backup for Rayman 2 from the Game Backups section and MediaFire gave me a 'Temporarily Unavailable' error message. Owner has no resources on the account? I'm guessing this means people have rinsed the downloads? If possible I'd like to avoid signing up  to MediaPro but if there is no other way then it'll have to be done.

Loops.

#4 thedoc

thedoc

Administration Team

• Administrators
  • 1311 posts
  • Graphics Card:nVidia GeForce 9600M GT - 512 MB RAM
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
  • I like to play:FPS, RPG, Racing

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:17 AM

Oh well it looks like our MediaFire Pro account has a monthly download Bandwidth limit of 100GB - which is stupid imho. You can buy extra Bandwith - (up to 1TB for frickin $69) but I'm not even sure if that's sufficient.

There's also an Auto-bandwith feature which expands your bandwidth "on demand" but that doesn't work with PayPal accounts.

silly silly....
Posted Image

Check out my Porting Blog @ Doc's Office

#5 dankoB

dankoB

Legendary Member

• Super Moderators
  • 3011 posts
  • LocationNew Brunswick, Canada
  • Graphics Card:MacBook Pro 11,3
    Core i7 16GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
    2GB GDDR5 vRAM
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
  • I like to play:la rockitar
Author

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:22 PM

...don't worry though folks discussions are being had. We'll fix this soon enough.

#6 DonGato

DonGato

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationSailing...Well no probably working on the boat...
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia GeForce 320M

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:58 AM

So do ports that had a full game button before automatically get added to this section?
And do new ports with both a wrapper and Backup port automatically get added to both sections?

Bit confused about this...

#7 devilhunter

devilhunter

just dancing to the beat

• Administrators
  • 3051 posts
Author

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:57 PM

DonGato, on 15 April 2012 - 01:58 AM, said:

So do ports that had a full game button before automatically get added to this section?
And do new ports with both a wrapper and Backup port automatically get added to both sections?

Bit confused about this...
No, you have to make two submits. (or just one)
Make a Wrapper only submit in the Game Wrapper section, or make a full game only submit in the Backups section if you don't want to upload the Wrapper alone. (or do both)

The full Game button is a remainder of the system we tried before (to post the backup in the Wrapper Topic), but now with the extra Backups section here, it's not really useful or relevant now.
Hello. Sadly, I am not active here on the Porting Team anymore, and therefore I cannot give support or answer questions to any of my posted Ports or posted topics.

- zero

#8 DonGato

DonGato

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationSailing...Well no probably working on the boat...
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia GeForce 320M

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:06 PM

Big PITA, and kind of counterproductive.

It seems like all of the ports w/ a full game button currently should get given a post in the full games section. (Shouldn't be too hard to automate, but what do I know), and then the full game buttons either removed, or changed to link to the full game post...

#9 devilhunter

devilhunter

just dancing to the beat

• Administrators
  • 3051 posts
Author

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

DonGato, on 15 April 2012 - 02:06 PM, said:

Big PITA, and kind of counterproductive.

It seems like all of the ports w/ a full game button currently should get given a post in the full games section. (Shouldn't be too hard to automate, but what do I know), and then the full game buttons either removed, or changed to link to the full game post...
Only few know how to use the fullgamebutton, most prefer the separate Backups section.
This bbcode can be removed by me with a mouseclick, but we choose to let it stay for those who still want to use it.
If this proves to be a confusion to users, not knowing what to post where, we can remove it.

- zero

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users