• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31 KGameLover1

KGameLover1

Need a title

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • LocationWhere I am is where I be
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB, also Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB.
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
  • I like to play:Everything that's fun
Author

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:30 PM

View PostDanIsTheMan, on 03 May 2012 - 09:41 AM, said:

Whether it uses DX9 or DX10, i won't be playing it anyway. I think the game looks just... terrible! I miss the old call of duty... when people where still playing COD4 and COD WaW.
ikr?
Mason and Woods aren't dead?
Giant robots?
Horseback riding?
BRANCHING PATHS IN A COD GAME?

Madness!

Posted Image

blinxfrost said:

in game my guy spins out of control only way i can control is arrow keys my hands are to nubby to reach them and shot

View my ports! <--- Orcs Must Die, Payday, Fallout, I Wanna Be The Guy, and more!

How to use a Wineskin wrapper!

#32 Demondays1

Demondays1

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationUnder the Rainbowz!
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GT 320M, Intel HD 4000
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
  • I like to play:FPS, RPG, Strategy, Action, Horror Survival, and Adventure
Author

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:56 PM

View Postsmoketetsu, on 03 May 2012 - 10:29 AM, said:

If they update a WINE engine or Cider to take advantage of OpenGL 3.2 then you may be able to get DirectX10 but then everything along the chain needs to support OpenGL 3.2 including anything that runs in the middle like MESA on Wineskin or whatever Cider is using to interface WINE's OpenGL with OS X's.

But like has been mentioned tesselation is a OpenGL 4.x feature. So OS X needs to support that too if you want full DirectX11 plus all of the above needs to support it too.

On the other hand, to be frank even DX9 support isn't done yet. Even later DX9 features could use some OpenGL3.2 or higher support as certain games use shaders not available in the way it's implemented in WINE\Cider currently. This manifests itself in missing effects like the ghosts in Singularity\Alan Wake and maybe even some effects falling back on CPU emulation rather than running in hardware causing things to be slower than they should be. There is however some overlap between those features and DX10. Like those missing effects are due to lack of Shader Model 4.0 (perhaps specifically the Geometry Shader that's new in that model). That's considered a DX10 thing but DX9 games are using it in DX9 mode.

tl;dr

but does look good :D

#33 KGameLover1

KGameLover1

Need a title

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB, also Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB.
Author

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:07 PM

View PostDemondays1, on 03 May 2012 - 02:56 PM, said:

tl;dr

but does look good :D
Posted Image

Posted Image

blinxfrost said:

in game my guy spins out of control only way i can control is arrow keys my hands are to nubby to reach them and shot

View my ports! <--- Orcs Must Die, Payday, Fallout, I Wanna Be The Guy, and more!

#34 Kama.Stein

Kama.Stein

Champion Member

• Donators
  • 646 posts
  • LocationCyberspace
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GTX 680MX 2GB
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
  • I like to play:First Person Shooters, Arcade Games, Adventure Games, Platformers, Puzzlers

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:39 PM

Actually, they might be able to support something like geometry shaders or tessellation with GL extensions. But again everything along the chain needs to support it. Some of the stuff that got put into later versions of OpenGL proper was supported by 2.1 through vendor specific extensions. But you just can't guarantee compatibility. But yeah, if they did implement geometry shaders via at least an extension for example my card could do it if all the software along the chain supported it. But not tessellation as my card does not support that and I wouldn't want to do it in software as that would defeat the purpose. The purpose of tessellation is to add more geometry complexity fast via hardware.
--Kama
It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.
-- Alex Delarge, A Clockwork Orange
Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB Hard Drive

#35 Blinx 007

Blinx 007

Master Member

• Members
  • 1351 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nivida
  • I like to play:FPS RPG 3rd Person & Horror Games

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:50 PM

well i think if it dose only support DX11 all PC player going to protest it because to support DX11 you need total Drive update Graphics Card update & Processer update made in 2011 or 2012

#36 Reboot

Reboot

I am Darkstar

• Database Moderators
  • 2381 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia EVGA GTX 980 SC 4GB
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
Author

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:59 PM

View Postblinxfrost, on 03 May 2012 - 11:50 PM, said:

well i think if it dose only support DX11 all PC player going to protest it because to support DX11 you need total Drive update Graphics Card update & Processer update made in 2011 or 2012
It's not true. PC player can upgrade video card on their PC desktop is easy... Laptop is suck because you can't upgrade video card.

I know GameGuy have powerful video card AMD Radeon HD 6950 with VRAM 2GB and DX11.

PC Desktop is powerful than PC Laptop. End of Story.

Posted Image

~ ~ ~ Hackintosh Spec ~ ~ ~

Intel Core i5-3570K 4.20GHz -- Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB DDR3 1600MHz -- Nvidia EVGA GTX 980 4GB VRAM GDDR5 SC

#37 hmtinc

hmtinc

Someone

• Members
  • 1315 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia GTX 760 (2048mb)
    Intel HD 4000 (512mb)
    Nvidia geforce 9400 (264mb)
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:Games
Author

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:04 AM

View Postblinxfrost, on 03 May 2012 - 11:50 PM, said:

If you are a actual pc gamer ... You would have a proper gaming pc with a high end graphics card that would be able to handle dx11.
I got rid of my old gaming pc/Hackintosh ( sold it for more then it cost to build :P ) .... i am now looking for parts that will deliver a fully maxed out gaming experience  :D
--
HM

#38 KGameLover1

KGameLover1

Need a title

• Members
  • 840 posts
Author

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:19 AM

Hey guys? Can we stop talking about something that isn't coming out for 6+ months that we know nothing about, aside from the story? Thanks.

Posted Image

blinxfrost said:

#39 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here
  • Graphics Card:Geforce GT 650M, Intel HD 4000, Radeon 6750, Intel HD 3000, Geforce 320m (in 3 machines)
  • I like to play:RPG and Strategy

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:54 AM

its bad business for them to cater to a minority... gamers with high enough end rigs to run the game.  Keeping it lower end lets it be easily portable to consoles, and run on more computers, which means more sales and more profit.

#40 BoomBox

BoomBox

Champion Member

• Members
  • 936 posts
  • Graphics Card:2x GTX 780 Ti
  • Operating System:Windows
  • I like to play:anything

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:29 PM

View Posthmtinc, on 04 May 2012 - 12:04 AM, said:

If you are a actual pc gamer ... You would have a proper gaming pc with a high end graphics card that would be able to handle dx11.
I got rid of my old gaming pc/Hackintosh ( sold it for more then it cost to build :P ) .... i am now looking for parts that will deliver a fully maxed out gaming experience  :D

Want a "fully maxed out gaming experience" build? How much are you planning on spending?

You could get this for about $3500 (US) https://docs.google....cWc&pli=1#gid=0

Or its older brother for about $7500 (US) https://docs.google....=COykx68P#gid=0

They will both handle whatever you want to throw at it for the next 5 years probably. The second is overkill, though. Just depends how much you wish to spend on one :)
If my ports links are dead, Email me.   [ BoomBoxCreations (at) gmail . com ]

#41 hmtinc

hmtinc

Someone

• Members
  • 1315 posts
  • LocationCanada
    Intel HD 4000 (512mb)
Author

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:43 PM

View PostBoomBoxCreations, on 05 May 2012 - 10:29 PM, said:

Want a "fully maxed out gaming experience" build? How much are you planning on spending?

You could get this for about $3500 (US) https://docs.google....#38;pli=1#gid=0

Or its older brother for about $7500 (US) https://docs.google....=COykx68P#gid=0

They will both handle whatever you want to throw at it for the next 5 years probably. The second is overkill, though. Just depends how much you wish to spend on one :)
Oh , wow that's expensive
But , I could get the same experience for much less.
Also , I need it dual boot windows and Mac osx and Mac osx doesnt support some of Those parts.
I am looking to build a rig at 1000. - 1500 dollars
--
HM

#42 Blinx 007

Blinx 007

Master Member

• Members
  • 1351 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:02 PM

View PostKGameLover1, on 04 May 2012 - 12:19 AM, said:

Hey guys? Can we stop talking about something that isn't coming out for 6+ months that we know nothing about, aside from the story? Thanks.
he's right don't worry about it.... i don't know why you would even care its  6 months away! make it sound like it the game that will change then world then.......... TO much lag to much camper lag composition my shots are hitting the guy i get kicked out because my pings to high,..

#43 BoomBox

BoomBox

Champion Member

• Members
  • 936 posts
  • Graphics Card:2x GTX 780 Ti
  • Operating System:Windows
  • I like to play:anything

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:03 PM

View PostHrachya, on 05 May 2012 - 10:42 PM, said:

This is a whole lot better. Plus comes with a free 3 year warranty, and it has a hand cooling system inside the keyboard.

http://www.cyberpowe...om/saved/1E550T

I beg to differ. All the parts have their own warranty, besides. The keyboard I have in the $7k one, you can change every key to a custom one :)

View Posthmtinc, on 05 May 2012 - 10:43 PM, said:

Oh , wow that's expensive
But , I could get the same experience for much less.
Also , I need it dual boot windows and Mac osx and Mac osx doesnt support some of Those parts.
I am looking to build a rig at 1000. - 1500 dollars

You want a fully maxed out gaming experience... get the $3500 one :)

Its a full package, tower, keyboard, mouse, 3 monitors. You're ready to go (once you've put it together)
If my ports links are dead, Email me.   [ BoomBoxCreations (at) gmail . com ]

#44 hmtinc

hmtinc

Someone

• Members
  • 1315 posts
  • LocationCanada
    Intel HD 4000 (512mb)
Author

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:43 PM

View PostBoomBoxCreations, on 05 May 2012 - 11:03 PM, said:

I beg to differ. All the parts have their own warranty, besides. The keyboard I have in the $7k one, you can change every key to a custom one :)

You want a fully maxed out gaming experience... get the $3500 one :)

Its a full package, tower, keyboard, mouse, 3 monitors. You're ready to go (once you've put it together)
$3500 Is too much . Plus I have a mouse and keyboard.I don't want 3 monitors. I find the borders between monitors annoying. If I want to see more in the game. I would hook my pc up to my tv .
I plan on using my iMac as a display for the gaming display.
--
HM

#45 Blinx 007

Blinx 007

Master Member

• Members
  • 1351 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:06 AM

View Posthmtinc, on 05 May 2012 - 11:43 PM, said:

$3500 Is too much . Plus I have a mouse and keyboard.I don't want 3 monitors. I find the borders between monitors annoying. If I want to see more in the game. I would hook my pc up to my tv .
I plan on using my iMac as a display for the gaming display.
how dose this invoke Black Ops 2? I don't know ...

#46 hmtinc

hmtinc

Someone

• Members
  • 1315 posts
  • LocationCanada
    Intel HD 4000 (512mb)
Author

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:34 AM

View Postblinxfrost, on 06 May 2012 - 12:06 AM, said:

how dose this invoke Black Ops 2? I don't know ...
This thread got a bit of topic .
--
HM

#47 cybershark

cybershark

Veteran Member

• Forum Moderators
  • 371 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:38 AM