hmtinc

Someone

• Members
  • 1315 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia GTX 760 (2048mb)
    Intel HD 4000 (512mb)
    Nvidia geforce 9400 (264mb)
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:Games
Author

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:00 PM

Posted Image

Official Mac Game Release:

Darkness II

Posted Image

The Darkness II is a first person shooter video game developed by Digital Extremes and published by 2K. The game is a sequel to the successful 2007 The Darkness.  The Darkness II was released on February 7th, 2012 for Microsoft windows. TransGaming, makers of the porting tool Cider, ported the game to Mac OS X and the port is now available on the Mac App Store (currently on sale for $29.99 / €22.80, full price $49.99) and on Steam. ($49.99)

Here is the trailer for the game:

Read on for more info!

Posted Image

In the two years since the events of the first game, Jackie Estacado has become the don of the Franchetti crime family. Though he still wields the Darkness, a malevolent force that has given him supernatural powers, Jackie has suppressed the entity, thanks to guidance from estranged occultist Johnny Powell. Jackie still struggles with the death of his girlfriend, Jenny Romano, which the Darkness had prevented him from stopping.

The game is based on the comic book series The Darkness; The author of the original comic has written the story and screenplay for this game, which provides a sense of suspense and horror with a game that has blood, gore and violence. The game itself goes in depth and provides a interactive comic book style adventure throughout making a great play for fans of the original and fans of the comic.  (http://www.embraceth...om/us/info.html)

Posted Image

The Darkness II follows the same control scheme as the first game, but adds quad wielding, a combat action which allows Jackie Estacado to use both The Darkness and firearms simultaneously.
This feature adds a sense of more aggressive combat in the game which lives up to the comic and surpasses the efforts of the first game. Also on top of the new combat features, The Darkness II utilizes the dark noir look by adding comic like shading combined with the dramatic lighting of film noir. Collectively with all the new features and perks The Darkness II pays tribute to the origin material and brings the pages of the comic to life.

New graphics, new combat, new plot. What are the reviews?

The game received mixed to positive reviews from critics.

Here are the overall reviews of the game and quotes from reviewers:

"The comic book style violence of The Darkness II doesn't merely shock, but delivers a sense of empowerment" (IGN 8/10)

"Excellent voice acting and sound effects." (Gamespot 7/10)

The game's overall rating on Metacritic is 77/100.

The game is promising and is a must play for thriller and shooter fans everywhere. The game is available on Steam and the Mac App Store.

Editing begun by KGame on 5/3/12

Original article:

Spoiler

This post has been promoted to an article
--
HM

#2 KGameLover1

KGameLover1

Need a title

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • LocationWhere I am is where I be
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB, also Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB.
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
  • I like to play:Everything that's fun
Author

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:22 PM

It's decent, but there are a bunch of grammar and spelling errors, and some broken links. Hold on, I'll fix it.

ALSO: STOP USING CENTERED TEXT!

Posted Image

blinxfrost said:

in game my guy spins out of control only way i can control is arrow keys my hands are to nubby to reach them and shot

View my ports! <--- Orcs Must Die, Payday, Fallout, I Wanna Be The Guy, and more!

How to use a Wineskin wrapper!

#3 hmtinc

hmtinc

Someone

• Members
  • 1315 posts
  • LocationCanada
    Intel HD 4000 (512mb)
Author

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:30 PM

View PostKGameLover1, on 03 May 2012 - 09:22 PM, said:

It's decent, but there are a bunch of grammar and spelling errors, and some broken links. Hold on, I'll fix it.

ALSO: STOP USING CENTERED TEXT!
I like centred text , It presented your posts in a organized way. But if you don't like it i will remove it
--
HM

#4 cluthz

cluthz

Senior Hall monitor!

• Super Forum Moderators
  • 2836 posts
  • LocationNorway
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia GTX780 GHz Edition
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
Author

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:36 PM

Whats up with the text centering, impossible to read.
It's nice that you wanna contribute to this site, but as all your projects so far, it seems rushed and only half finished.

The Darkness II is a first person shooter / thriller video game developed by Digital Extremes and published by 2K. The game is a squeal to the successful 2007 FPS, The darkness . The Darkness II was released on February 7th,2012 for Microsoft windows. Due to demand and reconization of the mac gaming community, the game has recently be ported to the mac Osx and is now available (as of May 3rd) on the mac app store for ($29.99 / €22.80) and on steam for ($49.99)

In the two years since the events of the first game, Jackie Estacado has become the don of the Franchetti crime family. Though he still wields the Darkness, a malevolent force that has given him supernatural powers, Jackie has suppressed the entity, thanks to guidance from estranged occultist Johnny Powell. Jackie still struggles with the death of his girlfriend, Jenny Romano, which the Darkness had prevented him from stopping.

The Game Received Mostly Postive Reviews from Critics and Gamers
Here are the overall reviews of the game and quotes from reviewers.

"The comic book style violence of The Darkness II doesn't merely shock, but delivers a sense of empowerment" (IGN 5/5)
"The Darkness II is a lot of fun, but it doesn't have that spark of uniqueness" (Gamespot 7 /10 )
"The PC Version of The Darkness II is in no way inferior to its console siblings." (Meteoritic 77/100)
The game is promising and is a must play for thriller and shooter fans everywhere . The Game is available on steam and mac app store.

Wikipedia:

So you've written 4 lines of text, copied the rest from wikipedia and posted it as an article.
It's nice you wanna help out, but do fewer things and do them well.

It's better to do one thing properly than ten things halfway..

[HackPro i7-4790K, 3x SSD + 5TB HDD • 16GB RAM • NVidia GTX 780 GHz Edition • OSX 10.10] . [MacBookAir 13 1.7GHz • Intel HD 3000 • OSX 10.9.5]

How to port Steam games .... My Youtube Porting videos ... Play my RPG

#5 KGameLover1

KGameLover1

Need a title

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB, also Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB.
Author

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:40 PM

View Postcluthz, on 03 May 2012 - 09:36 PM, said:

Whats up with the text centering, impossible to read.
It's nice that you wanna contribute to this site, but as all your projects so far, it seems rushed and only half finished.

Wikipedia:

So you've written 4 lines of text, copied the rest from wikipedia and posted it as an article.
It's nice you wanna help out, but do fewer things and do them well.

It's better to do one thing properly than ten things halfway..
I pretty much rewrote what he had. I also fixed all the errors (before you made that post)

View Posthmtinc, on 03 May 2012 - 09:30 PM, said:

I like centred text , It presented your posts in a organized way. But if you don't like it i will remove it
It's too hard to read that way.

Posted Image

blinxfrost said:

in game my guy spins out of control only way i can control is arrow keys my hands are to nubby to reach them and shot

View my ports! <--- Orcs Must Die, Payday, Fallout, I Wanna Be The Guy, and more!

#6 KGameLover1

KGameLover1

Need a title

• Members
  • 840 posts
Author

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:42 PM

Article fixed, just fix the red notes and maybe add some more content and you're good.

Posted Image

blinxfrost said:

#7 hmtinc

hmtinc

Someone

• Members
  • 1315 posts
  • LocationCanada
    Intel HD 4000 (512mb)
Author

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:59 PM

View PostKGameLover1, on 03 May 2012 - 09:42 PM, said:

Article fixed, just fix the red notes and maybe add some more content and you're good.
fixed
--
HM

#8 KGameLover1

KGameLover1

Need a title

• Members
  • 840 posts
Author

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:12 PM

There's a reason I moved  the pictures, why'd you move them back? Now I can't remember where I moved them to. :/
Same with the paragraph structure, you moved it back to one paragraph.... don't edit where you weren't asked to.

Posted Image

blinxfrost said:

#9 KGameLover1

KGameLover1

Need a title

• Members
  • 840 posts
Author

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:16 PM

I still feel like something's lacking in it... write some more, don't just add more screenshots. Look at my two articles on the front page for a good way to incorporate the game's screenshots.

Posted Image

blinxfrost said:

#10 hmtinc

hmtinc

Someone

• Members
  • 1315 posts
  • LocationCanada
    Intel HD 4000 (512mb)
Author

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:28 PM

View PostKGameLover1, on 03 May 2012 - 10:16 PM, said:

I still feel like something's lacking in it... write some more, don't just add more screenshots. Look at my two articles on the front page for a good way to incorporate the game's screenshots.
added more
--
HM

#11 cluthz

cluthz

Senior Hall monitor!

• Super Forum Moderators
  • 2836 posts
  • LocationNorway
Author

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:39 PM

THe link to IGN is not 5/5, it's 8.0 of 10..

[HackPro i7-4790K, 3x SSD + 5TB HDD • 16GB RAM • NVidia GTX 780 GHz Edition • OSX 10.10] . [MacBookAir 13 1.7GHz • Intel HD 3000 • OSX 10.9.5]

#12 hmtinc

hmtinc

Someone

• Members
  • 1315 posts
  • LocationCanada
    Intel HD 4000 (512mb)
Author

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:00 PM

View Postcluthz, on 03 May 2012 - 10:39 PM, said:

THe link to IGN is not 5/5, it's 8.0 of 10..

Changed it back to 4/5
it was 4/5 before.. have no idea how it ended up as 5/5
--
HM

#13 cluthz

cluthz

Senior Hall monitor!

• Super Forum Moderators
  • 2836 posts
  • LocationNorway
Author

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:27 PM

View Posthmtinc, on 03 May 2012 - 11:00 PM, said:

Changed it back to 4/5
it was 4/5 before.. have no idea how it ended up as 5/5

Why 4/5 when IGN always have use a 1.0 to 10.0 scale?
4/5 is a very board term, like 7.0 to 8.9, where as IGN gives 0.1 increments on their scale.

#14 KGameLover1

KGameLover1

Need a title

• Members
  • 840 posts
Author

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:32 PM

It was like that before, don't make up crap. I'll fix it, just like I fixed every other part of the "new" content.

View Posthmtinc, on 03 May 2012 - 10:28 PM, said:

added more
I just don't know if this is good enough... I'll think about it. Don't add any more or mess anything up.

Posted Image

blinxfrost said:

#15 Blinx 007

Blinx 007

Master Member

• Members
  • 1351 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nivida
  • I like to play:FPS RPG 3rd Person & Horror Games

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:37 PM

Don't follow IGN there load of crap there youtube channel is full oof lies they made a artcial why Black (charters in video games can't be the main character just because there Black) i dislike IGN they make false youtube title names on there videos and stuff i think you should follow them,.

#16 hmtinc

hmtinc

Someone

• Members
  • 1315 posts
  • LocationCanada
    Intel HD 4000 (512mb)
Author

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:00 AM

View Postblinxfrost, on 03 May 2012 - 11:37 PM, said:

Don't follow IGN there load of crap there youtube channel is full oof lies they made a artcial why Black (charters in video games can't be the main character just because there Black) i dislike IGN they make false youtube title names on there videos and stuff i think you should follow them,.
This isn't a place to rant about IGN
--
HM

#17 KGameLover1

KGameLover1

Need a title

• Members
  • 840 posts
Author

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:00 AM

Don't follow IGN there load of crap

i think you should follow them,.
Posted Image

Seriously, though, take it to the non-porting forums.
And blinx, please post with proper grammar in this section unless you want me to correct them.

Posted Image

blinxfrost said:

#18 Blinx 007

Blinx 007

Master Member

• Members
  • 1351 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nivida
  • I like to play:FPS RPG 3rd Person & Horror Games

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:02 AM

View Posthmtinc, on 04 May 2012 - 12:00 AM, said:

This isn't a place to rant about IGN
not ranting i just telling the truth good arctcadle though :D

TRANSLATION: I'M NOT RANTING! I'm just sharing my opinion which I present as fact. Good article, though!

Edited by KGameLover1, 04 May 2012 - 12:04 AM.
translated

#19 hmtinc

hmtinc

Someone

• Members
  • 1315 posts
  • LocationCanada
    Intel HD 4000 (512mb)
Author

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:05 AM

View Postblinxfrost, on 04 May 2012 - 12:02 AM, said:

not ranting i just telling the truth good arctcadle though :D

TRANSLATION: I'M NOT RANTING! I'm just sharing my opinion which I present as fact. Good article, though!
see,  some likes my article .... Yay
--
HM

#20 wMin17

wMin17

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:09 AM

We shouldn't make fun of blinxfrost's english disability.  He might be mentally challenged (I'm being serious)....

#21 KGameLover1

KGameLover1

Need a title

• Members
  • 840 posts
Author

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:11 AM

View PostwMin17, on 04 May 2012 - 12:09 AM, said:

We shouldn't make fun of blinxfrost's english disability.  He might be mentally challenged (I'm being serious)....
I am not making fun of him, I am simply translating his posts so everyone else can understand him.
I don't think he is, watch/listen to his YouTube videos...

View Posthmtinc, on 04 May 2012 - 12:05 AM, said:

see,  some likes my article .... Yay
it's blinxfrost.

Posted Image

blinxfrost said:

#22 cluthz

cluthz

Senior Hall monitor!

• Super Forum Moderators
  • 2836 posts
  • LocationNorway
Author

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:14 AM

View PostKGameLover1, on 04 May 2012 - 12:00 AM, said:

And blinx, please post with proper grammar in this section unless you want me to correct them.
Posted Image

#23 KGameLover1

KGameLover1

Need a title

• Members
  • 840 posts
Author

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:17 AM

View Postcluthz, on 04 May 2012 - 12:14 AM, said:

Posted Image
Best. Post. Ever.
Seriously, just so much win.

Posted Image

blinxfrost said:

#24 KGameLover1

KGameLover1

Need a title

• Members
  • 840 posts
Author

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:59 AM

I'ma lock this thread now so it doesn't get filled with more spam. In the future, guys, please try not to get so off-topic. :)

Also, if you notice, I'm changing the title. Please label all future submissions with the tag [ARTICLE] or [WIP] if you aren't done with the article.

Posted Image

blinxfrost said:

#25 devilhunter

devilhunter

just dancing to the beat

• Administrators
  • 3051 posts
  • LocationSpace/Virgo Supercluster/Milky Way/Orion Arm/Earth
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA 9800 GTX+
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Author

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:34 PM

I'ma lock this thread now so it doesn't get filled with more spam. In the future, guys, please try not to get so off-topic. :)

Also, if you notice, I'm changing the title. Please label all future submissions with the tag [ARTICLE] or [WIP] if you aren't done with the article.
Please only lock when the Articles is on the front page.
Moving it there now.

thanks for the submission, hmtinc

Edit: added.
Also included some better info at the start, not just "available now, release date xy, click here"
Hello. Sadly, I am not active here on the Porting Team anymore, and therefore I cannot give support or answer questions to any of my posted Ports or posted topics.

- zero

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users