40 replies to this topic

#31 Slice

Slice

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon HD6670, GTX650
  • Operating System:OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)
  • I like to play:Heroes III
    4x4 Evolution
    made Heroes VI working!

Posted 01 December 2015 - 07:17 AM

View Postovvldc, on 01 December 2015 - 06:05 AM, said:

Have you tried submitting your patches to staging?
Staging is a branch of Wine now and they decided by yourself if patches attached to bug on Bugzilla should be included into Staging.
AFAIK vertex blending is already in WineHQ while Index Vertex Blending is on the road.
I will apply this patch to final Sherry when it will be ready.

#32 SWS

SWS

Lurker

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVidia Optimus
  • Operating System:Linux

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:46 PM

View Postyamete888, on 29 November 2015 - 02:35 AM, said:

Hi! been away for a while, since the issue has been lingering for so long, and somehow, patches that "suppossedly" worked on linux to fix the broken 3D models never worked when applied to OSX Wine. Thank you very much!!!!!!! tried your patch for wine 1.8-rc1 on https://bugs.winehq....ug.cgi?id=39057 and for the first time, finally some ILLUSION games, like AG3, HAKO, & Sexy Beach 3 look fine...! Not sure what other ILLUSION games use "Indexed Vertex Blending" , but looks like  at least Schoolmate & @Housemate (and perhaps others) don't, since they look weird...!

You can try my other patch available in the same bug #39057 called "Temp fix: constants number increase for testing purposes": https://bugs.winehq....nt.cgi?id=52845
It can be applied on top of the indexed vertex blending patch. It should help with the other games. It is quite a separate issue (there is some discussion within bug comments), and this patch is actually a temporary workaround, but it might help.

#33 yamete888

yamete888

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Graphics Card:intel hd
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 09 December 2015 - 02:32 AM

Posted Image
Thanks for the reply! Just applied the patches...waiting for the compile of Wineskin engine to finish...with no SWS's patches, many ILLUSION's 3D models have no face, only eyes, and mouth/teeth/tongue...which make them look creepy!

#34 yamete888

yamete888

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 02:36 AM

Posted Image

View PostSWS, on 08 December 2015 - 12:46 PM, said:

You can try my other patch available in the same bug #39057 called "Temp fix: constants number increase for testing purposes": https://bugs.winehq....nt.cgi?id=52845
It can be applied on top of the indexed vertex blending patch. It should help with the other games. It is quite a separate issue (there is some discussion within bug comments), and this patch is actually a temporary workaround, but it might help.
THank you for your guidance...! Applied the IVB & "Temp fix: constants number increase for testing purposes" patches to Wine1.8-rc3, and suddenly, games like "Happy End Trigger" weird face glitch looks fine! Before, the head had no face, but just eyes, and mouth...! Now they look fine!
Other games I remember from ILLUSION that have the same problem includes "Artificial Academy 2," "Immoral Ward," etc...!

Since ILLUSION moved to UNITY, the newer games seem to work ok on unpatched / vanilla Wine /Wineskin, like "HaremMate," "PlayClub," etc...!

#35 yamete888

yamete888

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 01:14 AM

Posted Image

Great that user SWS has updated the "Indexed Vertex Blending" patch for the release of Wine 1.8! Patched Wine 1.8 with the IVB patch, plus the previous "Temp fix: constants number increase for testing purposes" patch, which still works with  Wine 1.8, both patches available at:

https://bugs.winehq....ug.cgi?id=39057

Illusion's "Real Play" looks promising...! :D

#36 dankoB

dankoB

Legendary Member

• Super Moderators
  • 3011 posts
  • LocationNew Brunswick, Canada
  • Graphics Card:MacBook Pro 11,3
    Core i7 16GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
    2GB GDDR5 vRAM
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
  • I like to play:la rockitar
Author

Posted 22 December 2015 - 05:20 AM

Got home and saw this...I had some time to look into it and here it is...

http://www.mediafire...ex-blend.tar.7z

#37 Slice

Slice

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon HD6670, GTX650
  • Operating System:OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)
  • I like to play:Heroes III
    4x4 Evolution
    made Heroes VI working!

Posted 18 February 2016 - 08:59 PM

I have to say that the patch 39057 is included into Sherry and stay here forever.
Other bugs with similar broken geometry: 32273 and 34052,
and other bugs: 11819, 29052, 28678
All these patches present in Sherry and tested in Heroes VI, King's Bounty, The Long Journey, Sexy Ripper. They works unlike WineHQ or WineStaging.

#38 dankoB

dankoB

Legendary Member

• Super Moderators
  • 3011 posts
    Core i7 16GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
    2GB GDDR5 vRAM
Author

Posted 28 May 2017 - 05:30 PM

Would anyone be interested in applying the new indexed vertex blending patch to the 2.6 source and build? I tried doing it but for some reason my c compiler is not responding.

Spoiler

#39 --------

--------

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationIstanbul
  • Graphics Card:MSI Z97 MPOWER - GTX 980 - View Sonic VP2780-4K - 16GB Ram - macOS High Sierra
  • I like to play:Most of games :-)
Author

Posted 31 May 2017 - 08:01 PM

View PostdankoB, on 28 May 2017 - 05:30 PM, said:

Would anyone be interested in applying the new indexed vertex blending patch to the 2.6 source and build? I tried doing it but for some reason my c compiler is not responding.

Spoiler

Can you try that?

https://www.mediafir...-custom-engines

I have tried compile that on 2,9 but current patch requires some modification which I can't do right now due to not having enough time, However, 2.6 is okay ;)

#40 dankoB

dankoB

Legendary Member

• Super Moderators
  • 3011 posts
    Core i7 16GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
    2GB GDDR5 vRAM
Author

Posted 01 June 2017 - 03:37 AM

The 32bit version works nicely. I haven't tested it on anything that requires it directly however I noticed that there was a newer patch and thought it might be useful to the community.

Thanks for compiling them!

#41 --------

--------

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationIstanbul
  • Graphics Card:MSI Z97 MPOWER - GTX 980 - View Sonic VP2780-4K - 16GB Ram - macOS High Sierra
  • I like to play:Most of games :-)
Author

Posted 01 June 2017 - 07:54 AM

View PostdankoB, on 01 June 2017 - 03:37 AM, said:

The 32bit version works nicely. I haven't tested it on anything that requires it directly however I noticed that there was a newer patch and thought it might be useful to the community.

Thanks for compiling them!

You're welcome, have fun with it :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users