• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Jman3350

Jman3350

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB w/ Intel HD 4000 384MB (GTX 670 2GB on Hackintosh)
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:http://steamcommunity.com/id/jman3350/games/?tab=all
    If you have any suggestions, let me know :D

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:33 AM

So I just got a N64 with Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Pokemon Stadium 2, and Kirby + the Crystal shards for an iPod Nano 2G that I didn't use :D

So I need to know what are some good recommendations for games that I might want to get.

Some Games I DO want:
Almost any Mario Game
Super Smash Bros.
Zelda Games
James Bond, Especially GOLDENEYE
Mario Kart 64
Paper Mario
Tony Hawk Games

??????

So help me out :D (Plus, I have a store in the next town thats like gamestop, but sells retro games as well, like N64 and other stuff :D)
Posted Image

#2 wMin17

wMin17

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:08 AM

Your list says it all :)

#3 Jman3350

Jman3350

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB w/ Intel HD 4000 384MB (GTX 670 2GB on Hackintosh)

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:39 AM

View PostwMin17, on 14 June 2012 - 08:08 AM, said:

Your list says it all :)

Well I was looking for any other suggestions :D
Posted Image

#4 HiPhish

HiPhish

Champion Member

• Members
  • 697 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
Author

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:43 AM

Honestly, I don't think there are that many games worth playing. Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time are really good if you like those kinds of games. I also played Paper Mario, which was nice, it's an RPG with Mario as the main character. However, I really don't feel like replaying that game, it's quite slow and there is a good amount of padding that I didn't like.
Games I own that still need porting:
Dark Messiah of Might & Magic, Descent 3, Fallout, Space Rangers 2

#5 Jman3350

Jman3350

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:45 AM

View PostHiPhish, on 14 June 2012 - 09:43 AM, said:

Honestly, I don't think there are that many games worth playing. Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time are really good if you like those kinds of games. I also played Paper Mario, which was nice, it's an RPG with Mario as the main character. However, I really don't feel like replaying that game, it's quite slow and there is a good amount of padding that I didn't like.
I did like Mario 64 when I played it at a friends years back. I also played The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker on gamecube. I also played a little bit of paper mario: The thousand year door on gamecube too :D

So I'd think I'd like that maybe, but it requires a lot of hours to put in. (My sister has put in maybe 30 hours on ONE SAVE, 70 hours in total, but her saves kept getting corrupted :P)
Posted Image

#6 KGameLover1

KGameLover1

Need a title

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • LocationWhere I am is where I be
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB, also Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB.
  • I like to play:Everything that's fun
Author

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:36 PM

You're missing a lot.
Where is Perfect Dark and Paper Mario? Or how about Wave Race 64 and Banjo-Kazooie? Sleeper hit Rocket: Robot on Wheels, from the makers of Sly Cooper and Infamous? (seriously, pick that one up) The Mario sports series? (Golf, Tennis) Jet Force Gemini is like Halo before there was Halo. (with a lot more gore) Resident Evil 2... I don't need to say anything about that one. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater is just a classic that you HAVE to play to call yourself a gamer. ExciteBike 64, with its level editor, was my favorite childhood motocross game. Mario Party 2 is an absolute BLAST if you have people to play it with.

AND WHERE IS MARIO KART 64?!?!?!?!!
i know you said any mario game but there are a lot of them, and one of them akshuly sucks

Posted Image

blinxfrost said:

in game my guy spins out of control only way i can control is arrow keys my hands are to nubby to reach them and shot

View my ports! <--- Orcs Must Die, Payday, Fallout, I Wanna Be The Guy, and more!

How to use a Wineskin wrapper!

#7 Jman3350

Jman3350

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:19 PM

View PostKGameLover1, on 14 June 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

You're missing a lot.
Where is Perfect Dark and Paper Mario? Or how about Wave Race 64 and Banjo-Kazooie? Sleeper hit Rocket: Robot on Wheels, from the makers of Sly Cooper and Infamous? (seriously, pick that one up) The Mario sports series? (Golf, Tennis) Jet Force Gemini is like Halo before there was Halo. (with a lot more gore) Resident Evil 2... I don't need to say anything about that one. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater is just a classic that you HAVE to play to call yourself a gamer. ExciteBike 64, with its level editor, was my favorite childhood motocross game. Mario Party 2 is an absolute BLAST if you have people to play it with.

AND WHERE IS MARIO KART 64?!?!?!?!!
i know you said any mario game but there are a lot of them, and one of them akshuly sucks

lol you made that last sentence super small, so i didn't see it until I started writing this :P

But there are a bunch of games I want but I couldn't names on them. Mario Kart 64 is a definite, as is the Mario Party Series. Paper Mario I'd like to pick up, But I've never even heard of some of these besides Resident Evil + Tony Hawk. This is why I asked :D

I played lots of N64 games as a kid, but I could never put a name on them today, besides the super popular ones.
Posted Image

#8 mcbubbagump

mcbubbagump

Lurker

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel HD Graphics 288 MB

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:06 PM

And you can't forget Conker's Bad Fur Day! That is a very underrated N64 classic, but one of the best titles of its day.

#9 Reboot

Reboot

I am Darkstar

• Database Moderators
  • 2381 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia EVGA GTX 980 SC 4GB
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
Author

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:24 PM

View PostKGameLover1, on 14 June 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

Perfect Dark
I love classic Perfect Dark. I found great Perfect Dark: Source the multiplayer mod for half-life 2 but it's dead because developers don't update on moddb. :/

Posted Image

~ ~ ~ Hackintosh Spec ~ ~ ~

Intel Core i5-3570K 4.20GHz -- Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB DDR3 1600MHz -- Nvidia EVGA GTX 980 4GB VRAM GDDR5 SC

#10 KGameLover1

KGameLover1

Need a title

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • LocationWhere I am is where I be
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB, also Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB.
  • I like to play:Everything that's fun
Author

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:05 PM

Also don't forget Superman 64. It's a terrible game but you can't not play it if you have an N64. It's a classic.

Posted Image

blinxfrost said:

in game my guy spins out of control only way i can control is arrow keys my hands are to nubby to reach them and shot

View my ports! <--- Orcs Must Die, Payday, Fallout, I Wanna Be The Guy, and more!

How to use a Wineskin wrapper!

#11 megamoon

megamoon

Lurker

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:14 PM

What is not on your list I would recommend:

Conker's Bad Fur Day (Very raunchy and very funny)
Banjo Kazooie (Good for any Mario 64 fan)
Banjo Tooie (same as the first)
Space Station Silicon Valley (I don't know about anyone else but I like this game, although it can be glitchy sometimes)

#12 lamountrose

lamountrose

Novice Member

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Graphics Card:amd raedon 6750

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:57 PM

The donky kong country for 64 was awesome. And killer instinct

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users