• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 KGameLover1

KGameLover1

Need a title

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • LocationWhere I am is where I be
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB, also Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB.
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
  • I like to play:Everything that's fun
Author

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:33 AM

I finally got Bootcamp set up... and am posting this from my new Windows partition. :D

Posted Image

blinxfrost said:

in game my guy spins out of control only way i can control is arrow keys my hands are to nubby to reach them and shot

View my ports! <--- Orcs Must Die, Payday, Fallout, I Wanna Be The Guy, and more!

How to use a Wineskin wrapper!

#2 GameGuy

GameGuy

Legendary Member

• Members
  • 2127 posts
  • LocationCanada...Eh
  • Graphics Card:nVidia 9400m 256mb
    ATI Radeon HD 6950 2GB
    MSI N670GTX PW/OCE 2GB SLI
  • I like to play:RPG, Racing, and of course FPS

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:38 AM

I never could get bootcamp working from day one...its would always say that some files couldn't be moved...oh well glad you got yours working.

Posted Image
Macbook Pro: Intel C2D 2.53ghz, 4GB Ram, Nvidia 9400m 256MB

Hackintosh: Intel i5-3570k, 16GB Ram, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, MSI GTX 670 Power Edition SLI
If my post helped you hit the like button :)

#3 thanoulas

thanoulas

Champion Member

• Database Moderators
  • 568 posts
  • LocationLondon
  • Graphics Card:nVidia GT750M 2GB
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:54 AM

I got bootcamp working straight away. Then I remembered why I switched to a Mac and deleted the partition, it was just a waste of disk space.

Posted Image
If I helped in any way, you can always click the Like button! | All my Ports | Download Barrel: The Wine Port Manager for Mac OS X

#4 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here
  • Graphics Card:Geforce GT 650M, Intel HD 4000, Radeon 6750, Intel HD 3000, Geforce 320m (in 3 machines)
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:RPG and Strategy

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:10 PM

i'm sorry...?

#5 wMin17

wMin17

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:14 PM

Never liked bootcamp.  I am using wineskin and cider right now :)

#6 HiPhish

HiPhish

Champion Member

• Members
  • 697 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
Author

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:17 PM

Congratulations for being able to follow basic instructions. I have a Windows XP Boot Camp partition set up ages ago and  only use it for some games, I touch nothing else. That's really th only thing Windows is good for me anymore and it get's more and more insignificant with every ported game.
Games I own that still need porting:
Dark Messiah of Might & Magic, Descent 3, Fallout, Space Rangers 2

#7 DanIsTheMan

DanIsTheMan

Champion Member

• Members
  • 524 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel IRIS Graphics

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:24 PM

now we can play saints row 3 co-op :)

Posted Image

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

#8 KGameLover1

KGameLover1

Need a title

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB, also Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB.
Author

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:06 PM

View PostGameGuy, on 15 June 2012 - 03:38 AM, said:

I never could get bootcamp working from day one...its would always say that some files couldn't be moved...oh well glad you got yours working.
that's one of the many errors i got.

View PostHiPhish, on 15 June 2012 - 12:17 PM, said:

Congratulations for being able to follow basic instructions. I have a Windows XP Boot Camp partition set up ages ago and  only use it for some games, I touch nothing else. That's really th only thing Windows is good for me anymore and it get's more and more insignificant with every ported game.
you don't understand... i spent a week (at least) troubleshooting..... SOOOOO many errors

View PostDanIsTheMan, on 15 June 2012 - 01:24 PM, said:

now we can play saints row 3 co-op :)
yep! it finished d/ling btw!

Posted Image

blinxfrost said:

in game my guy spins out of control only way i can control is arrow keys my hands are to nubby to reach them and shot

View my ports! <--- Orcs Must Die, Payday, Fallout, I Wanna Be The Guy, and more!

#9 GameGuy

GameGuy

Legendary Member

• Members
  • 2127 posts
  • LocationCanada...Eh
    ATI Radeon HD 6950 2GB

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:09 PM

View PostKGameLover1, on 15 June 2012 - 08:06 PM, said:

that's one of the many errors i got.
Did you fix that error without reformatting and reinstalling os x?

Posted Image

Hackintosh: Intel i5-3570k, 16GB Ram, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, MSI GTX 670 Power Edition SLI

#10 KGameLover1

KGameLover1

Need a title

• Members
  • 840 posts
Author

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:32 PM

try this:
http://huguesval.com...ith-virtualbox/

i used it to get win7 working

and it gives you that error when you try partitioning using Disk Utility?

Posted Image

blinxfrost said:

#11 GameGuy

GameGuy

Legendary Member

• Members
  • 2127 posts
  • LocationCanada...Eh
    ATI Radeon HD 6950 2GB

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:08 PM

Ya I've done all that and ya it give the error when partitioning...I'm going to start my mac fresh this summer so I can do it then.

Posted Image

#12 DanIsTheMan

DanIsTheMan

Champion Member

• Members
  • 524 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel IRIS Graphics

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:14 PM

View PostGameGuy, on 15 June 2012 - 10:08 PM, said:

Ya I've done all that and ya it give the error when partitioning...I'm going to start my mac fresh this summer so I can do it then.

If you get an error partitioning, make the partition yourself in Disk Utility, that way you can also name the partition to whatever you want :)

Posted Image

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

#13 KGameLover1

KGameLover1

Need a title

• Members
  • 840 posts
Author

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:19 PM

View PostGameGuy, on 15 June 2012 - 10:08 PM, said:

go into single-user mode and run fsck... fixed it for me once

Posted Image

blinxfrost said:

#14 hmtinc

hmtinc

Someone

• Members
  • 1315 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia GTX 760 (2048mb)
    Intel HD 4000 (512mb)
    Nvidia geforce 9400 (264mb)
  • I like to play:Games
Author

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:56 AM

I don't get whats so hard about bootcamp. all you do is launch bootcamp , click install windows, partition drive , boot into cd , Install windows 7 , boot into win7 , then insert your Mac OSX disc you got with computer when you bought it and install bootcamp drivers, Done :D .

I took 30 min for my setup ( including install times and driver update downloads).
:P

If you had trouble following apple's instructions on boot camp , Thats just sad :(
--
HM

#15 GameGuy

GameGuy

Legendary Member

• Members
  • 2127 posts
  • LocationCanada...Eh
    ATI Radeon HD 6950 2GB

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:21 AM

View PostDanIsTheMan, on 15 June 2012 - 10:14 PM, said:

If you get an error partitioning, make the partition yourself in Disk Utility, that way you can also name the partition to whatever you want :)
That still gives me that same error

View PostKGameLover1, on 15 June 2012 - 11:19 PM, said:

go into single-user mode and run fsck... fixed it for me once
In all my searches last year I didn't find that but I will try it before I reformat.

View Posthmtinc, on 16 June 2012 - 12:56 AM, said:

I don't get whats so hard about bootcamp. all you do is launch bootcamp , click install windows, partition drive , boot into cd , Install windows 7 , boot into win7 , then insert your Mac OSX disc you got with computer when you bought it and install bootcamp drivers, Done :D .

I took 30 min for my setup ( including install times and driver update downloads).

If you had trouble following apple's instructions on boot camp , Thats just sad :(
If you calling me an idiot for following the instruction and it not working and trying every fix I could find that insulting.

Posted Image

#16 cluthz

cluthz

Senior Hall monitor!

• Super Forum Moderators
  • 2836 posts
  • LocationNorway
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia GTX780 GHz Edition
Author

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:17 PM

The problem arises once you have a HD that is filled up, then clear space for bootcamp.
The HD is fragmented and the bootcamp partition must be continuously free space, and not fragments.

I've had that problem myself once, and reformat + back up solved it, but it can be some work.

[HackPro i7-4790K, 3x SSD + 5TB HDD • 16GB RAM • NVidia GTX 780 GHz Edition • OSX 10.10] . [MacBookAir 13 1.7GHz • Intel HD 3000 • OSX 10.9.5]

How to port Steam games .... My Youtube Porting videos ... Play my RPG

#17 hmtinc

hmtinc

Someone

• Members
  • 1315 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia GTX 760 (2048mb)
    Intel HD 4000 (512mb)
    Nvidia geforce 9400 (264mb)
  • I like to play:Games
Author

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:54 PM

View Postcluthz, on 16 June 2012 - 03:17 PM, said:

The problem arises once you have a HD that is filled up, then clear space for bootcamp.
The HD is fragmented and the bootcamp partition must be continuously free space, and not fragments.

I've had that problem myself once, and reformat + back up solved it, but it can be some work.
It can be some work for some people , But that doesn't mean its hard. It quite simple .
--
HM

#18 KGameLover1

KGameLover1

Need a title

• Members
  • 840 posts
Author

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:28 AM

View Posthmtinc, on 16 June 2012 - 05:54 PM, said:

It can be some work for some people , But that doesn't mean its hard. It quite simple .
frak you. (lol bs:g reference)
it took me a long time. It wasn't "so simple" as you describe it.
I had to try about 6 different methods. My disk was messed up so BootCamp Assistant wouldn't work.
Stop acting like a holier-than-thou, high-and-mighty douche if you have no idea what you're talking about. Oh, and don't insult me by saying "oh you couldn't handle apple's instructions... that's sad". I wouldn't say it's as sad as downloading my own port 500 times.

PWNT

/thread
(sorry it took me so long to reply to this, I've been busy)

Posted Image

blinxfrost said:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users