alphahouse

Lurker

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Graphics Card:?
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:32 PM

Hey all,

I'm trying to make a wrapper for this free MMORPG. It's a bit old, but a fun little game.

You can download it here if you want.

http://uwo.netmarble.com/

Anyway, I've got the game's start menu to launch, but it gives me an error about my internet connection and I have no idea where to look. FWIW, if you click the "Facebook" button on the launch screen, my wrapper opens an instance of IE that also gives a "no connection error."

Here's some more info:

I installed it on my parallels box and copied the files over to make the wrapper (game randomly crashes windows on my parallels install that's why I want the wrapper).

There are two possible ways to launch the game, one using the game.exe (this is what I'm doing and what gives the connection error), the second is to use the netmarble launcher. I tried using the launcher with wine and it brings up the loading screen and never moves past it.

Any ideas on where/what to look for re: the connectiveity issue?

Cheers!

edit: here is the test run log

WineskinX11: main(): argc=12
Waiting for startup parameters via Mach IPC.
WineskinX11: do_start_x11_server(): argc=12
Attempting to use pixel depth of 24
[2757862.131] WineskinX11 starting:
[2757862.131] X.Org X Server 1.12.99.0
[2757862.131] Build Date: 20120410
[2757862.131] _XSERVTransmkdir: ERROR: euid != 0,directory /tmp/.X11-unix will not be created.
[2757862.218] (II) GLX: Initialized Core OpenGL GL provider for screen 0

#2 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here
  • Graphics Card:Geforce GT 650M, Intel HD 4000, Radeon 6750, Intel HD 3000, Geforce 320m (in 3 machines)
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:RPG and Strategy

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:51 PM

the X11 log is not that useful in this instance.  Its used more if the wrapper is failing to run at all... not if the Windows program is just having trouble running.  The Wine log is much more helpful.

If its using mshtml (IE web rendering) then make sure you have Gecko installed... or sometimes gecko won't cut it and you need to do a full IE install in Winetricks.

#3 alphahouse

alphahouse

Lurker

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:32 PM

Great! Thank you for the input.

I installed ie 8 and DirectX 9.0c w/winetricks and now the launcher program will load and allow me to sign in:

http://i.imgur.com/Z6fty.png

cool.

However, it's not recognizing the game launcher as being installed. Usually, there is a "play now" in place of "game download." If you click the "game download" button, it grabs the installer .exe and then won't run it.

I wonder if it's possible to port this game with wine. On the PC, the game loads the netmarble launcher (the one screenshoted above) and the player signs in. Then, you click the play now button and it launches the game.exe. I tried creating two separate wine apps: one for the launcher and one for the game, but I don't know how to get the launcher to tell the game it's signed in. On the PC version, if you load just the game.exe, it loads the launcher and prompts you to sign in.

#4 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here
  • Graphics Card:Geforce GT 650M, Intel HD 4000, Radeon 6750, Intel HD 3000, Geforce 320m (in 3 machines)
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:RPG and Strategy

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:12 PM

i have no knowledge of that game... you may have to try thousands of combinations of things.

IE8 doesn't work too well in WIne, its best to stick with IE6 or IE7... if they are really needed.  Gecko is better to use when it works.

Installing Microsoft DirectX also breaks more things than it fixes, so its not something you usually want to do.  Wine's DirectX is already built in with nothing extra to install.  Sometimes you need 1 or 2 dll files, but rarely do you want to do a full DX install (though sometimes you do).

The launcher should work fine even if it launches a different exe file, thats not a problem.  The main EXE for the wrapper is what launches by default, but once the software is running it can launch other exes or whatever it needs to do... thats all handled.

#5 alphahouse

alphahouse

Lurker

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:37 PM

Yeah, I'm playing around with different engines and settings. I can't figure out a way to pull any kind of error report from the application though, so I'm sorta shooting in the dark. All of the errors seem to come from the app/windows settings and not wine.

If anyone is interested in this neat sailing/pirating mmo, you can grab the installer here:

http://uwo.cdn.global.netmarble.com/Full/UWOnline_20100928.exe

It's a 3.2 gig file.

I've started working from that and can get the installer to run and step all the way up to the netmarble launcher, but it hangs and never goes to the screen I posted in the 3rd post. ug

The game's reqs here show direct x 9 as needed, which is why I installed it. Is there anyway to figure out which dlls are needed other than trial and error?

EDIT:

I got the game to launch, but it still gives the "no connection" error. In case anyone else is trying, here's what I got to work:

Make a wrapper w/engine 1.5.8, use windows XP and install IE 6 (you must install IE before you run the .exe, otherwise the launcher won't find the game install). Screen settings: override + virtual desktop ON.

Then run the .exe I linked above. The game will install and the net marble launcher will allow you to sign in and click the "play now" button. The game.exe will launch, but give a connection error when you try to play. This version of the game will be 1.0.0 and the updater will download, but fail if you try to launch it.

#6 alphahouse

alphahouse

Lurker

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:58 AM

Here's the error report from the above build:

http://pastebin.com/yTGHkbbZ

Fixing this is wayyy beyond my abilities I think, but maybe it'll help someone out who's interested in porting the game later on. I think I'll stick to the bugs in parallels for now.

#7 Madwalrus

Madwalrus

Lurker

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationHopefuly in my own dream
  • Graphics Card:Intel GMA 950 64MB
  • I like to play:Legend Of Mafia, Ayashino, Phoenix Quest, Phoenix Quest 2

Posted 01 May 2015 - 03:51 PM

Now the game is run by OG Planet, I wonder if that changes something about our trouble.
Try your best, I also wanted to make something with this game on a mac xD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users