Jump to content

  • Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Winetricks in 2.5.6 make wrapper unusable


  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Alsey Coleman Miller

Alsey Coleman Miller

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationPeru
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia 9400M
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:Halo, Left 4 Dead 2

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:22 PM

Hi doh123. Sorry to put more load on your back but i think this better be reported. Im running OS X 10.8. I have Xquartz installed and had no problems before i upgraded wineskin (not the winery) from 2.5.5 to 2.5.6. Now every wrapper i make in the Winery, no matter which engine i use, is totally useless if i use a winetrick. I can install things, executed exe's, but if i install any winetrick (i tried a few) the wrapper won't open simple things like the config utility. Nothing will open. i have to make a new wrapper and not use wine tricks at all. Im going back to 2.5.5. Nice job making wineskin and all. I hope this can help you somehow. I'll post the error log later, but basically it says that x11 could not be initialised and that no driver could be found. Sometimes restarting my computer fixes it. But before i restart my computer all my other wrappers work. Only the 2.5.6 ones seem to be broken, sometimes permanently.

#2 eridani

eridani

    Members

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationSylvarant
  • Graphics Card:nVidia GTX 1060
  • Operating System:Linux
  • I like to play:MMO/RPG

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:40 AM

You may try reinstalling XQuartz and Wineskin/Winery (talking randomly since idk the cause but reinstalling may work).
Writting this from Firefox in a newly 2.5.6 WS9 Wine 1.5.10 wrapper, after installing via winetricks Flash, .Net and Direct X 9. Also notice my Mac runs OSX 10.6.8 maybe is a ML only problem (mmm but Doh's Mac uses ML too so...).

#3 ValkTuna

ValkTuna

    Imitator, Intimidator, Stimulator, Simulator of Data, Eliminator

  • Members
  • 770 posts
  • LocationIn the deep dark depths of the earth... :P
  • Graphics Card:nVidia GeForce 320M 256MB.
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
  • I like to play:SMITE, LoL, and other games that catch my attention. Usually a wide range of genres.

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:10 AM

I found some problems with 2.5.6 too, I switched back to 2.5.5. Maybe you want to try that.
Posted Image
Main banner thanks to RazorPro
Avatar thanks to adini

I don't have anything else to say, I guess.

#4 doh123

doh123

    Wineskin Developer

  • Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here
  • Graphics Card:Geforce GT 650M, Intel HD 4000, Radeon 6750, Intel HD 3000, Geforce 320m (in 3 machines)
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:RPG and Strategy

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:40 PM

Reporting problems is good... I just have to be able to reproduce them to figure them out.
I cannot reproduce any problems with Winetricks, so could you please tell me exactly step by step something i can do to get it to mess up? Ive created and upgraded several wrappers and ran several different Winetricks and it never has broken anything for me... I'm also on 10.8

No idea what problems SouthTuna is having, so those probably won't get fixed... for me 2.5.5 is much more problematic, so not sure why anyone would want to go back to that.  The only major bug I know about in 2.5.6 is Cmd+Opt+A crashes trying to toggle back to fullscreen.

#5 ValkTuna

ValkTuna

    Imitator, Intimidator, Stimulator, Simulator of Data, Eliminator

  • Members
  • 770 posts
  • LocationIn the deep dark depths of the earth... :P
  • Graphics Card:nVidia GeForce 320M 256MB.
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
  • I like to play:SMITE, LoL, and other games that catch my attention. Usually a wide range of genres.

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:37 PM

I don't know, the wrappers are just messed up in general-- When I try to run winetricks it keeps giving me errors and aborts the process...
They also take longer to create.
Posted Image
Main banner thanks to RazorPro
Avatar thanks to adini

I don't have anything else to say, I guess.

#6 doh123

doh123

    Wineskin Developer

  • Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here
  • Graphics Card:Geforce GT 650M, Intel HD 4000, Radeon 6750, Intel HD 3000, Geforce 320m (in 3 machines)
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:RPG and Strategy

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:20 PM

View PostSouthTuna, on 16 August 2012 - 01:37 PM, said:

I don't know, the wrappers are just messed up in general-- When I try to run winetricks it keeps giving me errors and aborts the process...
They also take longer to create.
There are a lot of problems with Winetricks and MS downloads right now.. MS changed everything around.  Maybe your older version is using your cache and the new update is trying to re-download?  That *shouldnt* happen, but who knows... I still cannot reproduce any issues with Winetricks at all, everything seems to be working fine besides MS ones where MS changed download locations around and main Winetricks isn't fixed yet.... when it is you'll have to Update Winetricks for it to work.

#7 ovvldc

ovvldc

    Master Member

  • Members
  • 1250 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris Plus
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified
  • I like to play:stories

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:56 AM

I had an issue with Winetricks downloads being broken, leading to installation of those packages being aborted. After I download the redistributables manually from somewhere else (cnet, I think) and put them in the cache folder, everything worked again..

#8 Alsey Coleman Miller

Alsey Coleman Miller

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationPeru
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia 9400M
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:Halo, Left 4 Dead 2

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:01 PM

Im using 2.5.5 and tried 2.5.6 and the same when i try a winetrick it says cannot load drivers for $displayX

#9 Alsey Coleman Miller

Alsey Coleman Miller

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationPeru
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia 9400M
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:Halo, Left 4 Dead 2

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:02 PM

View Postovvldc, on 17 August 2012 - 06:56 AM, said:

I had an issue with Winetricks downloads being broken, leading to installation of those packages being aborted. After I download the redistributables manually from somewhere else (cnet, I think) and put them in the cache folder, everything worked again..

Yeah for .net thats teh only way. i dont understand how the person taht maintains winetricks hasnt fixed that by now its been that way for a long time.

#10 ovvldc

ovvldc

    Master Member

  • Members
  • 1250 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris Plus
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified
  • I like to play:stories

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:45 AM

Perhaps MS is not trying very hard to provide user-friendly downloads for these files? I'm sure Dan Kegel would be happy to fix this, but one must assume there are practical barriers..

#11 doh123

doh123

    Wineskin Developer

  • Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here
  • Graphics Card:Geforce GT 650M, Intel HD 4000, Radeon 6750, Intel HD 3000, Geforce 320m (in 3 machines)
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:RPG and Strategy

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:07 PM

latest Winetricks already has many updated, and they are working on getting more done.

#12 ovvldc

ovvldc

    Master Member

  • Members
  • 1250 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris Plus
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified
  • I like to play:stories

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:15 PM

And, as always, if you are unhappy with the pace of open source software: make a patch to fix it and send it to them ;).

#13 julus

julus

    Veteran Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationSlovakia
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon 6750M
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:MMORPG, Adventure, RPG, Strategy
Author

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:08 AM

doh123, the issue which users are reporting is the issue with lock file. Wineskin 2.5.6 works weird. You open the wineskin, click winetrick, and you will get messages complaining about could not use $DISPLAY almost every time. Also if you remove the lockfile and kill all wine/wineskin processes, there is a high chance you will get GSOD next time running winetricks. But this can be workarounded easier by using system Xquartz rather than reverting to 2.5.5.

#14 doh123

doh123

    Wineskin Developer

  • Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here
  • Graphics Card:Geforce GT 650M, Intel HD 4000, Radeon 6750, Intel HD 3000, Geforce 320m (in 3 machines)
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:RPG and Strategy

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:28 AM

View Postjulus, on 01 September 2012 - 01:08 AM, said:

doh123, the issue which users are reporting is the issue with lock file. Wineskin 2.5.6 works weird. You open the wineskin, click winetrick, and you will get messages complaining about could not use $DISPLAY almost every time. Also if you remove the lockfile and kill all wine/wineskin processes, there is a high chance you will get GSOD next time running winetricks. But this can be workarounded easier by using system Xquartz rather than reverting to 2.5.5.
you shouldn't be removing the lockfile... if there is some problem with Winetricks not running, then I need to know (i haven't been able to reproduce any problems with Winetricks).  The lock file doesn't link to Wine at all, and you can run 50 million things with Wine int he wrapper if you want... it only is for WineskinX11 to make sure X isn't launched multiple times, because launchd can crash.

#15 julus

julus

    Veteran Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationSlovakia
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon 6750M
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:MMORPG, Adventure, RPG, Strategy
Author

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:36 AM

View Postdoh123, on 01 September 2012 - 01:28 AM, said:

you shouldn't be removing the lockfile... if there is some problem with Winetricks not running, then I need to know (i haven't been able to reproduce any problems with Winetricks).  The lock file doesn't link to Wine at all, and you can run 50 million things with Wine int he wrapper if you want... it only is for WineskinX11 to make sure X isn't launched multiple times, because launchd can crash.

I know. the problem was the wineskinX11 was not running at all ("ps -ef | grep -i wine" showed nothing) showed nothing. so I removed the lock file. And it looks it was not started correctly in the first place, leaving just lockfile behind...

edit: This happen only if the wineskinx11 is launched via wineskin - not ever happened, by direct launch.

#16 doh123

doh123

    Wineskin Developer

  • Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here
  • Graphics Card:Geforce GT 650M, Intel HD 4000, Radeon 6750, Intel HD 3000, Geforce 320m (in 3 machines)
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:RPG and Strategy

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:57 AM

If no WineskinX11 process is running at all, it bypasses the Lockfile.  The Lockfile only comes into play when it exists and at least 1 WineskinX11 process is running already (from any wrapper).  Are you saying that launching things like winecfg or Test Run is causing issues?  Can you tell me step by step exactly how to reproduce a problem?

#17 julus

julus

    Veteran Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationSlovakia
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon 6750M
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:MMORPG, Adventure, RPG, Strategy
Author

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:58 AM

View Postdoh123, on 01 September 2012 - 02:57 AM, said:

If no WineskinX11 process is running at all, it bypasses the Lockfile.  The Lockfile only comes into play when it exists and at least 1 WineskinX11 process is running already (from any wrapper).  Are you saying that launching things like winecfg or Test Run is causing issues?  Can you tell me step by step exactly how to reproduce a problem?

The problem here is, that sometimes the WineskinX11 will quit prematurely leaving the lockfile behind, and causing the application not to show anything. In logs it will shows  something like "Cannot open $DISPLAY" thing (sorry, I don;t have currently the log with that line. I try to avoid this thing completely) . It can happen even on the normal port launch (double click), but it is more common to happen when messing around the port settings. Most of the time (lets say 80%) the removal of lock file, will fix the problem, and WineskinX11 will start correctly, on the other 20%, launching anything will result in GSOD, even when the WineskinX11 is not running (is there any other process which can be responsible for it? I always check for ANY running *wine* processes and kill them before trying again. Also, it is 100% related to WineskinX11 as running via Xquartz this never happened.

#18 ValkTuna

ValkTuna

    Imitator, Intimidator, Stimulator, Simulator of Data, Eliminator

  • Members
  • 770 posts
  • LocationIn the deep dark depths of the earth... :P
  • Graphics Card:nVidia GeForce 320M 256MB.
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
  • I like to play:SMITE, LoL, and other games that catch my attention. Usually a wide range of genres.

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:21 AM

Yes, that $DISPLAY thing. Aha. It was that error that I kept encountering. Thanks for bringing that up, julus.
Posted Image
Main banner thanks to RazorPro
Avatar thanks to adini

I don't have anything else to say, I guess.

#19 doh123

doh123

    Wineskin Developer

  • Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here
  • Graphics Card:Geforce GT 650M, Intel HD 4000, Radeon 6750, Intel HD 3000, Geforce 320m (in 3 machines)
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:RPG and Strategy

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:17 PM

Its not WineskinX11 related.  Its related to using it, but not to WineskinX11 itself, just the fact that the wrapper is handled differently when it doesn't need to run X11.

WineskinX11 ending and $DISPLAY error messages have nothing to do with the lock file.  WineskinX11 doesn't even make or look at the lock file at all.  WineskinX11 is launched by the Wineskin daemon, which is what creates the lock file (Wineskin.m in the git repo, in the wrapper at Contents/Frameworks/bin/Wineskin).  You should *never* kill the Wineskin daemon... even the kill all command doesn't do that.  It makes everything start up right, monitors while running, and shuts down right.  Once everything is started, it does some simple monitoring of a couple things, depending on settings, and most of the time is just sleeping.  If the wineserver you launched closes (meaning Wine is done), then it goes through the shutdown process.  If your WineskinX11 stops running, then it will tell wineserver to shut down and then will make sure everything gets shut down and cleaned up correctly.

$DISPLAY messages in the Wine log happen when Wine tries to draw something to X11, but X11 doesn't respond.  This can be from X11 no longer running, or from crashing of course.  If you use Cmd+Q to quit your wrapper, you'll often get the $DISPLAY type messages simply because Cmd+Q will kill WineskinX11, and it takes a moment before the Wineskin Daemon figures it out and tells wineserver to shut down... and wine keeps trying to use X11 and its simply not there.

The lock file is checked and made by the Wineskin Daemon before it launches WineskinX11... and is cleaned up by it as well.  GSOD happens when you try to launch WineskinX11 when its already running (even if you don't see it in Activity Monitor, it might have only been there a second).  If you trash your lockfile, then the Wineskin Daemon will think WineskinX11 is not running and try to launch it... you shouldn't delete your lock file unless for some reason you prevented the Wineskin Daemon for that wrapper from finishing itself.  Normally all you need to do to shut it down right if Wine got stuck is to do a "killall wine" and occasionally a "killall wineserver" and let the Wineskin Daemon handle the wrapper for you.

#20 julus

julus

    Veteran Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationSlovakia
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon 6750M
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:MMORPG, Adventure, RPG, Strategy
Author

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:04 AM

View Postdoh123, on 01 September 2012 - 07:17 PM, said:

Its not WineskinX11 related.  Its related to using it, but not to WineskinX11 itself, just the fact that the wrapper is handled differently when it doesn't need to run X11.

WineskinX11 ending and $DISPLAY error messages have nothing to do with the lock file.  WineskinX11 doesn't even make or look at the lock file at all.  WineskinX11 is launched by the Wineskin daemon, which is what creates the lock file (Wineskin.m in the git repo, in the wrapper at Contents/Frameworks/bin/Wineskin).  You should *never* kill the Wineskin daemon... even the kill all command doesn't do that.  It makes everything start up right, monitors while running, and shuts down right.  Once everything is started, it does some simple monitoring of a couple things, depending on settings, and most of the time is just sleeping.  If the wineserver you launched closes (meaning Wine is done), then it goes through the shutdown process.  If your WineskinX11 stops running, then it will tell wineserver to shut down and then will make sure everything gets shut down and cleaned up correctly.

$DISPLAY messages in the Wine log happen when Wine tries to draw something to X11, but X11 doesn't respond.  This can be from X11 no longer running, or from crashing of course.  If you use Cmd+Q to quit your wrapper, you'll often get the $DISPLAY type messages simply because Cmd+Q will kill WineskinX11, and it takes a moment before the Wineskin Daemon figures it out and tells wineserver to shut down... and wine keeps trying to use X11 and its simply not there.

The lock file is checked and made by the Wineskin Daemon before it launches WineskinX11... and is cleaned up by it as well.  GSOD happens when you try to launch WineskinX11 when its already running (even if you don't see it in Activity Monitor, it might have only been there a second).  If you trash your lockfile, then the Wineskin Daemon will think WineskinX11 is not running and try to launch it... you shouldn't delete your lock file unless for some reason you prevented the Wineskin Daemon for that wrapper from finishing itself.  Normally all you need to do to shut it down right if Wine got stuck is to do a "killall wine" and occasionally a "killall wineserver" and let the Wineskin Daemon handle the wrapper for you.

Ok, now I slowly get the picture. But still, if the removing lock file helps a lot of time, (and without killing wineskin daemon (actually I never killed it), then there is clearly a flaw somewhere. Because:
1) I get $DISPLAY error
2) trying to close all wineskin windows
3) Relaunch, still getting $DISPLAY error
4) closing all wineskin windows
5) ps -ef | grep -i wine - nothing is shown
6) rm /tmp/xWS*
7) relaunch, the app works most of the time (or GSOD)

#21 Alsey Coleman Miller

Alsey Coleman Miller

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationPeru
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia 9400M
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:Halo, Left 4 Dead 2

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:13 PM

since 2.5.6 i cant use any wine trick, i gives me an error like this


Executing mkdir -p /Users/Coleman/Library/Caches/winetricks/wmp9

Using native override for following DLLs: wmvcore

Executing winetricks_early_wine regedit C:\windows\Temp\_wmp9\override-dll.reg

Using native override for following DLLs when running MPSetup.exe: pidgen

Executing winetricks_early_wine regedit C:\windows\Temp\_wmp9\override-dll.reg

Executing wine MPSetup.exe

Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.

Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.

err:systray:initialize_systray Could not create tray window

Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.

Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.


#22 doh123

doh123

    Wineskin Developer

  • Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here
  • Graphics Card:Geforce GT 650M, Intel HD 4000, Radeon 6750, Intel HD 3000, Geforce 320m (in 3 machines)
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:RPG and Strategy

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:03 PM

if somehow the lock file is getting stuck.. I need to know how to reproduce it.  If the lock file exists, it will try to run Wine without starting up X11, which Wine will give those types of errors... I just don't understand how it can happen though because the wrapper ignores the lockfile if no WineskinX11 processes are running at all.

If you all set it to use XQuartz instead of WineskinX11, does the symptoms change?

#23 Alsey Coleman Miller

Alsey Coleman Miller

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationPeru
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia 9400M
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:Halo, Left 4 Dead 2

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:10 PM

I tried xquartz and its the same. I tried killing the processes too and the same. The only way for me is to use 2.5.5 and then go back to to 2.5.7 for the nice cmd + tab function.

#24 ValkTuna

ValkTuna

    Imitator, Intimidator, Stimulator, Simulator of Data, Eliminator

  • Members
  • 770 posts
  • LocationIn the deep dark depths of the earth... :P
  • Graphics Card:nVidia GeForce 320M 256MB.
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
  • I like to play:SMITE, LoL, and other games that catch my attention. Usually a wide range of genres.

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:44 AM

Wait, is there Wineskin- 2.5.7 wrapper version?
If that's the case then I'll skip past 2.5.6.
Posted Image
Main banner thanks to RazorPro
Avatar thanks to adini

I don't have anything else to say, I guess.

#25 doh123

doh123

    Wineskin Developer

  • Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here
  • Graphics Card:Geforce GT 650M, Intel HD 4000, Radeon 6750, Intel HD 3000, Geforce 320m (in 3 machines)
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:RPG and Strategy

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:49 PM

View PostAlsey Coleman Miller, on 14 September 2012 - 11:10 PM, said:

I tried xquartz and its the same. I tried killing the processes too and the same. The only way for me is to use 2.5.5 and then go back to to 2.5.7 for the nice cmd + tab function.
that makes no sense then... XQuartz runs don't even pay attention to lock files or anything... I have no clue whats gong on... if you could tell me exactly how to reproduce the problem maybe I could figure out a fix, but right now, it doesn't make any sense to me.

View PostSouthTuna, on 15 September 2012 - 04:44 AM, said:

Wait, is there Wineskin- 2.5.7 wrapper version?
If that's the case then I'll skip past 2.5.6.
2.5.7 will be out soon... I've had no bug reports in Beta2, its been running great.
Wineskin 2.5.7 Beta 2

#26 ValkTuna

ValkTuna

    Imitator, Intimidator, Stimulator, Simulator of Data, Eliminator

  • Members
  • 770 posts
  • LocationIn the deep dark depths of the earth... :P
  • Graphics Card:nVidia GeForce 320M 256MB.
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
  • I like to play:SMITE, LoL, and other games that catch my attention. Usually a wide range of genres.

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:59 PM

View Postdoh123, on 15 September 2012 - 12:49 PM, said:

that makes no sense then... XQuartz runs don't even pay attention to lock files or anything... I have no clue whats gong on... if you could tell me exactly how to reproduce the problem maybe I could figure out a fix, but right now, it doesn't make any sense to me.

2.5.7 will be out soon... I've had no bug reports in Beta2, its been running great.
Wineskin 2.5.7 Beta 2
Oh, cool, I installed that.
Just wondering, does it have an effect on when you build an engine from a downloaded source?
Posted Image
Main banner thanks to RazorPro
Avatar thanks to adini

I don't have anything else to say, I guess.

#27 Headrush69

Headrush69

    Rookie Porter

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Graphics Card:ATI Radeon HD 6970M
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:15 PM

View Postdoh123, on 15 September 2012 - 12:49 PM, said:

that makes no sense then... XQuartz runs don't even pay attention to lock files or anything... I have no clue whats gong on... if you could tell me exactly how to reproduce the problem maybe I could figure out a fix, but right now, it doesn't make any sense to me.
Be curious if the problem exists in a newly created user account as well.

Works fine here also and could be something specific that has been done/used/installed previously on that user account.
(Ex. install of WIne from macports that has modified env variables, etc)
System Specs: 27" iMac 12,2 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 1TB HD

Ported Games: Rollercoaster Tycoon 1, Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 (both with all expansion packs including UCES),
Sim Tower, Yoot Tower, Need for Speed - High Stakes, Need for Speed - Hot Pursuit 2, RCT3
Aliens Vs. Predator, Armed and Dangerous, Re-Volt, Sid Meier's Railroads, Steam:Rush

#28 doh123

doh123

    Wineskin Developer

  • Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here
  • Graphics Card:Geforce GT 650M, Intel HD 4000, Radeon 6750, Intel HD 3000, Geforce 320m (in 3 machines)
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:RPG and Strategy

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:57 PM

View PostSouthTuna, on 15 September 2012 - 12:59 PM, said:

Oh, cool, I installed that.
Just wondering, does it have an effect on when you build an engine from a downloaded source?
I'll make a 2.5.7 Engine Base, but the 2.5.5 one is still fine for the moment, all its headers and such are still perfectly compatible with current Wine and the builds in 2.5.7... that doesn't break easy.  If Wine updates some things to require newer versions of stuff than is in 2.5.5, then the old engine base will stop working to build Wine, but your final Wine build from a 2.5.5 base, to a 2.5.7 base will not really be any different at all... if Wine broke every engine base I'd have to be building all new Engines every single time I Upgraded Wineskin... which is what I used to have to do when I had WineskinX11 and Wine all mixed together in the engine.

#29 DonGato

DonGato

    Professional Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationSailing...Well no probably working on the boat...
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia GeForce 320M
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:05 AM

I am having this issue in 2.5.8. Whenever I try to install something with winetricks, and most of the time when I try to run the program I am porting I get this: Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.


For a while I could run one program or installer, and if I quit wineskin and all wineskin processes and relaunched I could run another. Now even that won't work.

Mac OSX 10.6.8

#30 ValkTuna

ValkTuna

    Imitator, Intimidator, Stimulator, Simulator of Data, Eliminator

  • Members
  • 770 posts
  • LocationIn the deep dark depths of the earth... :P
  • Graphics Card:nVidia GeForce 320M 256MB.
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
  • I like to play:SMITE, LoL, and other games that catch my attention. Usually a wide range of genres.

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:55 AM

View PostDonGato, on 26 October 2012 - 07:05 AM, said:

Whenever I try to install something with winetricks, and most of the time when I try to run the program I am porting I get this: Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.

Refer to this topic:
http://portingteam.c...tricks-problem/
Posted Image
Main banner thanks to RazorPro
Avatar thanks to adini

I don't have anything else to say, I guess.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users