• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mckorr

mckorr

Novice Member

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel HD3000
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:02 PM

I have been completely unable to custom build an engine since Wine 1.5.7.  I'm trying to build one with the SWTOR patch, set to build for 10.6, but it will run for a while and then error out.  Looks like it is it crashing as it tries to combine all the object (.o) files near the end of the build.

Any hints as to what I can do, or uninstall and reinstall, or whatever to get it to work?

#2 mckorr

mckorr

Novice Member

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:56 PM

This seems to be where it all goes sideways:

gcc-4.2 -m32 -c -I. -I. -I../../include -I../../include  -D__WINESRC__ -D_NTSYSTEM_ -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -Wall -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wempty-body -Wstrict-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -fno-omit-frame-pointer -Wpointer-arith -I/tmp/Wineskin/include/freetype2 -I/tmp/Wineskin/include -I/tmp/Wineskin/include -arch i386 -m32 -O2 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk -mmacosx-version-min=10.6 -I/tmp/Wineskin/include  -o time.o time.c
gcc-4.2 -m32 -c -I. -I. -I../../include -I../../include  -D__WINESRC__  -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -Wall -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wempty-body -Wstrict-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -fno-omit-frame-pointer -Wpointer-arith -I/tmp/Wineskin/include/freetype2 -I/tmp/Wineskin/include -I/tmp/Wineskin/include -arch i386 -m32 -O2 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk -mmacosx-version-min=10.6 -I/tmp/Wineskin/include  -o olecli.o olecli.c
gcc-4.2 -m32 -c -I. -I. -I../../include -I../../include  -D__WINESRC__  -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -Wall -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wempty-body -Wstrict-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -fno-omit-frame-pointer -Wpointer-arith -I/tmp/Wineskin/include/freetype2 -I/tmp/Wineskin/include -I/tmp/Wineskin/include -arch i386 -m32 -O2 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk -mmacosx-version-min=10.6 -I/tmp/Wineskin/include  -o olecli_main.o olecli_main.c
thread.c: In function ‘shared_data_thread’:
thread.c:117: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘clock_gettime’
thread.c:117: error: ‘CLOCK_MONOTONIC’ undeclared (first use in this function)
thread.c:117: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
thread.c:117: error: for each function it appears in.)
thread.c:129: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘clock_nanosleep’
thread.c:129: error: ‘TIMER_ABSTIME’ undeclared (first use in this function)
make[1]: *** [thread.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

#3 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here
  • Graphics Card:Geforce GT 650M, Intel HD 4000, Radeon 6750, Intel HD 3000, Geforce 320m (in 3 machines)
  • I like to play:RPG and Strategy

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:46 PM

Did you put the 10.6 SDK into your Xcode.app?  its not there by default so it'll try to build for 10.7 instead, which usually has problems.  I haven't ever looked at building on later than 10.6 for now.

Here is the SDK if you need it... just put it inside the app along with the 10.7 and 10.8 SDKs that are already in there.
https://dl.dropbox.c...OSX10.6.sdk.zip

Also if you have mono development framework installed it could be messing up too.  Look through the whole log if it ever lists freetype in Mono framework, then you need to temp rename that folder so it won't find it.  As soon as I get 2.5.7 ready I'm putting together a new EngineBase that should help more.

#4 mckorr

mckorr

Novice Member

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:00 PM

Yanked Mono and that didn't fix it.  I have the 10.6 SDK installed, both in the new location and the old, just in case.  Just won't build.

Normally it's not a problem, but in the case of SWTOR, and now Guild Wars 2, I need extra patches to make them work, and I really don't want to bother someone by asking for a custom build instead of doing it myself.

Could it be related to 10.8's DYLD path error?

dyld: DYLD_ environment variables being ignored because main executable (/usr/bin/sudo) is setuid or setgid

#5 mckorr

mckorr

Novice Member

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:54 PM

Ok, was able to get it to work.  I had moved Wineskin out of the Applications folder to Applications/Development.  Apparently having it in a subfolder was causing the build to choke.  Moved it back and was able to build without error.

#6 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here
  • Graphics Card:Geforce GT 650M, Intel HD 4000, Radeon 6750, Intel HD 3000, Geforce 320m (in 3 machines)
  • I like to play:RPG and Strategy

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:08 AM

View Postmckorr, on 04 September 2012 - 06:54 PM, said:

Ok, was able to get it to work.  I had moved Wineskin out of the Applications folder to Applications/Development.  Apparently having it in a subfolder was causing the build to choke.  Moved it back and was able to build without error.

Winery you mean?  makes little sense to me... its all stored in Application Support and run and built in /tmp.  Nothing in it is set to be run from /Applications ... i don't even run mine from there.

#7 mckorr

mckorr

Novice Member

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:33 PM

I dunno, but once I did that everything worked and I was able to create several patched engines for different games without problem, and pretty quickly too.  I guess the other possibility is that something in the source code was messed up and they straightened it out between the last time I downloaded the git and yesterday.  Or maybe I've been patching it wrong and just got it right finally.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users