Blinx 007

Master Member

• Members
  • 1351 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nivida
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
  • I like to play:FPS RPG 3rd Person & Horror Games

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:05 PM

Today Skidrow Games just Realsed my childhood game that was only XBOX Exlusive i though i would never play it again what is your childhood game and why

Jet Set Radio Future was my childhood game because its graffiti arts captured me into doing art myself this game is why i want to be a artist because of the graffiti in game you can create!

there is actually i meaning behind this game if you live in the city like i do you see graffiti art everywhere its all nice

IF YOU HAVENT PLAYED THIS GAME YOU HAVE TO ITS THE BEST!

Story is about i say 12hours
Posted Image

#2 Blinx 007

Blinx 007

Master Member

• Members
  • 1351 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:08 PM

YES I BOUGHT JET SET RADIO PRAY TO GOD IT CAN BE PORTED

Personally i think Reboot would like this game because its art and how the textures look i odnt know if PC version keeps to the Xbox version storyline though

The bad news i tormented the game before i found the game was on steam --> http://store.steampo....com/app/205950
I GOT TO BUY IT NOW!

when i saw this game on skid row homepage i said i don't care about Borderlands 2 My childhood game is right in front of me!

#3 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here
  • Graphics Card:Geforce GT 650M, Intel HD 4000, Radeon 6750, Intel HD 3000, Geforce 320m (in 3 machines)
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:RPG and Strategy

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:38 PM

childhood games... all the old King's Quest... Police Quest... Quest for Glory... Space Quest.... Sierra games were always my favorite childhood games.

#4 GameGuy

GameGuy

Legendary Member

• Members
  • 2127 posts
  • LocationCanada...Eh
  • Graphics Card:nVidia 9400m 256mb
    ATI Radeon HD 6950 2GB
    MSI N670GTX PW/OCE 2GB SLI
  • I like to play:RPG, Racing, and of course FPS

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:47 AM

Ratchet and Clank FTW...glad they run good in pcsx.

Posted Image
Macbook Pro: Intel C2D 2.53ghz, 4GB Ram, Nvidia 9400m 256MB

Hackintosh: Intel i5-3570k, 16GB Ram, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, MSI GTX 670 Power Edition SLI
If my post helped you hit the like button :)

#5 Kama.Stein

Kama.Stein

Champion Member

• Donators
  • 646 posts
  • LocationCyberspace
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GTX 680MX 2GB
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
  • I like to play:First Person Shooters, Arcade Games, Adventure Games, Platformers, Puzzlers

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:05 AM

View Postdoh123, on 19 September 2012 - 11:38 PM, said:

childhood games... all the old King's Quest... Police Quest... Quest for Glory... Space Quest.... Sierra games were always my favorite childhood games.

You pretty much dated yourself with this. ;)
I played Space Quest as a child too. Later on a few friends of mine in High School where big fans of Police Quest and always played it in any computer the school let them use during lunch time to play games  but I never really played it myself. For me though childhood games wouldn't just include PC games let alone PC adventure games.. but NES games as well.
--Kama
It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.
-- Alex Delarge, A Clockwork Orange
Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB Hard Drive

#6 cluthz

cluthz

Senior Hall monitor!

• Super Forum Moderators
  • 2836 posts
  • LocationNorway
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia GTX780 GHz Edition
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
Author

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:32 AM

Posted Image

First game i ever bought! Me and my friend had saved up our allowances for weeks to get it!
Played on my fathers Mac IIsi and my friend had some sort of LC/Performa.
I think we used almost half a year to finish it, because we didn't know english much then.

[HackPro i7-4790K, 3x SSD + 5TB HDD • 16GB RAM • NVidia GTX 780 GHz Edition • OSX 10.10] . [MacBookAir 13 1.7GHz • Intel HD 3000 • OSX 10.9.5]

How to port Steam games .... My Youtube Porting videos ... Play my RPG

#7 Reboot

Reboot

I am Darkstar

• Database Moderators
  • 2381 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia EVGA GTX 980 SC 4GB
Author

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:39 AM

Posted Image

Bugdom. It's my first mac childhood game when I was 5. It can run on iMac G3 Green Edition. It never get lag anymore. lol.

Posted Image

~ ~ ~ Hackintosh Spec ~ ~ ~

Intel Core i5-3570K 4.20GHz -- Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB DDR3 1600MHz -- Nvidia EVGA GTX 980 4GB VRAM GDDR5 SC

#8 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here
  • Graphics Card:Geforce GT 650M, Intel HD 4000, Radeon 6750, Intel HD 3000, Geforce 320m (in 3 machines)

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:56 AM

View Postsmoketetsu, on 20 September 2012 - 02:05 AM, said:

You pretty much dated yourself with this. ;)
I played Space Quest as a child too. Later on a few friends of mine in High School where big fans of Police Quest and always played it in any computer the school let them use during lunch time to play games  but I never really played it myself. For me though childhood games wouldn't just include PC games let alone PC adventure games.. but NES games as well.
I know.. I don't worry about that... I'm 34, so games i was playing 25 years ago are much different than games today  :-)

#9 Kama.Stein

Kama.Stein

Champion Member

• Donators
  • 646 posts
  • LocationCyberspace
  • I like to play:First Person Shooters, Arcade Games, Adventure Games, Platformers, Puzzlers

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:03 AM

Ah, then we are the same age then. B) .. and yeah I should know..
--Kama
It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.
Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB Hard Drive

#10 HiPhish

HiPhish

Champion Member

• Members
  • 697 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
Author

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:41 AM

I played mostly consoles; console games are much easier to play and get running than computer games for a child. We did have a used Amiga but most (all?) od the games were pirated and hd no manual, so good luck trying to figure out how to play them. it was like being in a library full of books written in a foreign language, I just couldn't figure out what to do. There were two games I did play though, Wheel of Fortune, which was only fun with other players, it's also the only game my parents ever played, and sort of Tetris like game (I can't remember the name anymore).

Anyway, when I got my Super Nintendo it came with two games (it was a second hand one but it looked like it was never played):
Super Mario World
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=MXvHHwOYTFg
I could never beat it back then though, something simpler like the original Super mario Bros. would have been much better as a start. The music is kind of a mess, some of it sounds really nice, other parts sound like someone going crazy in Garage Band mixing instruments that were never supposed to be played together.

Pac Man 2:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ooRk7x_mYCA
Remember Ms. Pac Man? Pac Man Jr.? Forget about those, this is the real sequel! Apparently, I guess. Seriously, why call this Pac Man 2, it is nothing like Pac Man. To be fair, the name was only changed to Pac Man 2 outside Japan because all Non-Asian are butt-breathing idiots who will fall for every marketing trick (like how they called Mecha Godzilla King Kong in Germany, because no one can tell the difference between a gorilla and a robot-dinosaur).
Aside from the complete betrayal of the Pac Man name it's a nice Point & Click adventure with a twist: you don't control the character himself, you use your slingshot to interact with the world and can point Pac Man into different directions. His mood changes as things happen, so he can be sad, angry, normal, cheerful or downright insane. The fun comes from figuring out stuff and trying to solve the puzzles. There are a ton of hidden easter eggs and depending on how many you found it can give you various extras when you beat the game. It was fun back then, but there isn't really any replay value once you've seen everything.

Kirby's Star Stacker:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=_VlmhP14Rj8
This was my first Gameboy game. I still feel sorry for the poor employe at the store; you see, back then video games were so special, they had to be behind closed glass and you needed an employe to open it up so you could pick your game. Back then you also didn't have the internet (at least not like you have today) so the only way to pick a game was based on the boxart and the short description on the back. On top of that you would only get a game once a year or once every two years, so you better mak a good decision or you'll be stuck with it. Back then we didn't have a GameStop where you could just trade in your game after beating the five-hour linear scripted campaign that mostly consists of walking don a corridor and watching cutscenes. No sir, picking a game was serious business back then and I took forever, while my father and the employe had to wait patiently.
It's a Tetris-like game where blocks fall and you try to clear lines. I played it so much, I even beat the insane difficulty. Looking back, even that is not so hard, I can beat it without problems even after years not playing. I remember when I finally got a Gameboy (yes, I got a Gameboy game before I had a Gameboy. How did I play it until then? Using the Super Gameboy on the SNES. That made more sense than gettin a Gameboy first and then a game, since Nintendo wasn't packing Tetris with their consoles anymore by that time) it was the beginning of the supper holidays, so when I woe up before everyone else I would take my Gameboy (it was a GBC) and play Kirby's Star Stacker on the balcony with good sunlight lighting.

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=vd6WF0IZjxg
This was my first Zelda. Some other boys at school had it on their Gameboys and I was so amazed I wanted it myself. You had this huge continuous world, which I had never seen in  video game before. it wasn't just about fighting monsters in levels, it was an adventure where you could explore the world, find secrets and overcome obstacles with better equipment. I still play it from time to time, it's still fun although I do't think it's as good as the other classic Zeldas. Then again, it is by far better than any of those abominations that came after Ocarina of Time.

Super Mario Bros. DX:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=6LrtclTHU4M
Now that's what you call a remake! Th original game, a challenge mode, a VS mode, the Lost Levels, and a bunch of extras. It even had achievements. I saw it on a discount sale one day and immediately bought it. It's easily my favourite Gameboy game besides Zelda and the first Mario I had beaten. Like I sayed above, it's a really good start for playing Mario and platformers in general. The controls are really good and there is enough good content in the game. The only part I don't like about this version retrospect is that the screen area is smaller (there was no vertical scrolling on NES), so some jumps you could do in the NES version are impossible here because you don't see enough. Well, they are not impossible but you wouldn't know when to jump unless you played the game before.

Pokemon Blue Edition:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=74eLOYIXshs
This was my first RPG with numbers and stats and stuff. I played uite a lot of it back then, but I wouldn't want to touch it anymore, everything in the game is so painfully slow. Even the menu is delayed, don't ask me how they managed to do that.
Games I own that still need porting:
Dark Messiah of Might & Magic, Descent 3, Fallout, Space Rangers 2

#11 Kama.Stein

Kama.Stein

Champion Member

• Donators
  • 646 posts
  • LocationCyberspace

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:50 AM

I didn't have much trouble getting and playing computer games as a child once we got a PC. We actually got a PC before we got a Nintendo. I started with a DOS PC when I was around ten years old... and quickly learned my way around the command line loading up all my simpler DOS games then growing into configuring autoexec.bat and config.sys later on when games got more complicated to setup. Later on I got into Nintendo with the NES then SNES.. then in around 1995 I got fully into PC Gaming with PC Gamer magazine and a new PC and never looked back to console land.
--Kama

#12 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:33 PM

View Postsmoketetsu, on 20 September 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

I didn't have much trouble getting and playing computer games as a child once we got a PC. We actually got a PC before we got a Nintendo. I started with a DOS PC when I was around ten years old... and quickly learned my way around the command line loading up all my simpler DOS games then growing into configuring autoexec.bat and config.sys later on when games got more complicated to setup. Later on I got into Nintendo with the NES then SNES.. then in around 1995 I got fully into PC Gaming with PC Gamer magazine and a new PC and never looked back to console land.

played my first games on a Vic 20 ... most were game cartridges that plugged in still at that time.  Later moved to a tandy color computer, and for most of its life loaded up programs and games off cassette tapes before disk drives finally came out  :-)  Then moved on to DOS gaming, then added some Nintendo in there.  I stopped using consoles after the Super Nintendo as well.

#13 Kama.Stein

Kama.Stein

Champion Member

• Donators
  • 646 posts
  • LocationCyberspace

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:37 PM

Yeah, my parents couldn't afford or didn't want to get a computer or any game systems before they got the Tandy 100HX... it wasn't even for me but I took it over... lol

Before then I was mostly just playing with the Apple //'s in school every once in a while.

I never had a tape drive at home.. oldest storage media I've had was 5 1/4 inch floppies.
--Kama

#14 HiPhish

HiPhish

Champion Member

• Members
  • 697 posts
Author

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:24 PM

View Postsmoketetsu, on 20 September 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

I didn't have much trouble getting and playing computer games as a child once we got a PC.
Well, I'll guess you did have someone to show you how to do those things or at least you had manual ;) For some Amiga games it was as easy as inserting the floppy disc and plugging in the joystick, but most other games had complicated interfaces or were in Engish (Engish is not my first language)
Games I own that still need porting:
Dark Messiah of Might & Magic, Descent 3, Fallout, Space Rangers 2

#15 Kama.Stein

Kama.Stein

Champion Member

• Donators
  • 646 posts
  • LocationCyberspace

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:39 PM

I guess it helped that english is my first language..... and someone did get me started but most of what I know I learned on my own including back then from trial and error... and it got easier and easier by repetition.

My parents are\where technical neophytes so they couldn't have shown me how.
--Kama

#16 KGameLover1

KGameLover1

Need a title

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • LocationWhere I am is where I be
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB, also Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB.
  • I like to play:Everything that's fun
Author

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:26 PM

My dad (who got me into gaming but now has no time for it) started and beat Super Mario World the night I was born (around this time it was really technologically advanced ok, don't hate) with me sitting on his lap... my mom has a picture of it. I still have that same Super Nintendo hooked up in my bedroom.

Posted Image

blinxfrost said:

in game my guy spins out of control only way i can control is arrow keys my hands are to nubby to reach them and shot

View my ports! <--- Orcs Must Die, Payday, Fallout, I Wanna Be The Guy, and more!

How to use a Wineskin wrapper!

#17 zombiepigman

zombiepigman

Novice Member

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Graphics Card:NvidiaGT9400
    Nvidia GTX 570 1280MB
  • I like to play:Fallout 3 / New Vegas
    Bioshock
    The binding of issac
    L4D
    old classic mac games.

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

I know this will make me sound like an old man, but, I started of with a ZX Sinclair spectrum and games like "jet set willy" and "manic minor", then to an Amiga A500 with games like "it came from the desert" and "James Pond. Then I moved to to a Macintosh LCIII with the original "Wolfenstein" then we bought a PowerMac 7600 or 7500 maybe can't remember the name exactly of the Mac. I use to play "Ultimate Doom" and "marathon" on that. Then I got a MacBook G3 233 and I played "quake", "unreal tournament", "Age of Empires 3" and "Quake 2". Then my G4 tower 867 DP, which I player "unreal tournament 2004", "world of warcraft","Halo" and "Starcraft".

#18 Blinx 007

Blinx 007

Master Member

• Members
  • 1351 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:18 AM

View Postzombiepigman, on 03 December 2012 - 07:40 PM, said:

I know this will make me sound like an old man, but, I started of with a ZX Sinclair spectrum and games like "jet set willy" and "manic minor", then to an Amiga A500 with games like "it came from the desert" and "James Pond. Then I moved to to a Macintosh LCIII with the original "Wolfenstein" then we bought a PowerMac 7600 or 7500 maybe can't remember the name exactly of the Mac. I use to play "Ultimate Doom" and "marathon" on that. Then I got a MacBook G3 233 and I played "quake", "unreal tournament", "Age of Empires 3" and "Quake 2". Then my G4 tower 867 DP, which I player "unreal tournament 2004", "world of warcraft","Halo" and "Starcraft".
WoW is that old?

#19 Reboot

Reboot

I am Darkstar

• Database Moderators
  • 2381 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia EVGA GTX 980 SC 4GB
Author

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:41 AM

View PostBlinx 007, on 04 December 2012 - 02:18 AM, said:

WoW is that old?
Wikipedia is your best buddy.

Posted Image

~ ~ ~ Hackintosh Spec ~ ~ ~

Intel Core i5-3570K 4.20GHz -- Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB DDR3 1600MHz -- Nvidia EVGA GTX 980 4GB VRAM GDDR5 SC

#20 waves

waves

Tired, and starting to outlive my usefullness.

• Super Moderators
  • 1600 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDA
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Author

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

View PostBlinx 007, on 19 September 2012 - 09:05 PM, said:

Jet Set Radio Future was my childhood game on xbox

Ha awesome childhood games on Xbox.

When I was your age, we made social networks out of hardtack and radio tubes. “Faves” cost a nickel, our friends had polio, and we LIKED it.

But when I think of childhood games - I think of Oregon trail, Math Race, King's Quest, Ultima and Wizardry. If it comes to console games I think of old Atari games like Combat and Baseball.
Posted Image

How to get multiple file port games / apps runnning: http://portingteam.c...-combine-files/

#21 Red_Cube

Red_Cube

Lurker

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Graphics Card:ATI Radeon HD 5670

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

Blockland
http://blockland.us/
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 yzane

yzane

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Locationbehind you..
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 320M
  • I like to play:FPSs, RTSs, RPGs

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:56 AM

View PostRed_Cube, on 15 March 2013 - 09:12 PM, said:

Blockland

AHA! That game! *sigh* ... good times. Good times... B)

Also: First game ever? Mortal Kombat. Ahh... Good times. Great bloody, trash-talking times.
But Counter-strike really got me into gaming though.
"Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it. But if you do hit him, put him to sleep!"
- Theodore Roosevelt

#23 marcspade

marcspade

Lurker

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • I like to play:Adventure RPGs...and lot's of other things

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:17 AM

I loved Kyrandia and Hand of Fate too

#24 dankoB

dankoB

Legendary Member

• Super Moderators
  • 3011 posts
  • LocationNew Brunswick, Canada
  • Graphics Card:MacBook Pro 11,3
    Core i7 16GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
    2GB GDDR5 vRAM
  • I like to play:la rockitar
Author

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:37 PM

#25 BADBOY17

BADBOY17

Lurker

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMoscow
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M
  • I like to play:DayZ,
    Counter Strike GO,
    Call of Duty Black ops 1,2 Ghosts,
    Left 4 Dead 2

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:02 PM

Old Counter Strike :ph34r:  it was really cool. B)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users