• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

Porting Request:
Tried porting it, but nothing seems to work :/

Game Description:
Dark Souls(ダークソウル Dāku Souru?) is an open worldaction role-playing video game developed and published for PlayStation 3 by From Software in Japan. It was published for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 by Namco Bandai Games internationally.[4] Previously referred to as Project Dark, it is the spiritual successor toDemon's Souls.[5] It was released in Japan on September 22, 2011, on October 4 in North America, on October 6 in Australia and on October 7 in Europe of the same year. [6] The game is known for its considerable difficulty, which has prompted much interest and discussion.[7] A PC version was released on August 24, 2012. The downloadable content and the Prepare to Die edition were announced for both consoles and were released on October 23, 2012 in North America, and on October 24 in Europe and Australasia.[8] A sequel, Dark Souls II, was announced in December 2012.

AppDB Link:
http://appdb.winehq....ation&iId=14458

AppDB Rating:
Gold

Wikipedia Information:
Dark Souls - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

#2 wMin17

wMin17

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

help?

#3 K4LiAN

K4LiAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
  • I like to play:Unique Games, RPG, indie, FPS, maybe a mixture, oh and some tense horror :)

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:02 AM

tried it, it is possible but sadly I can't figure it out, I did get it working on linux though...

#4 moussaillon

moussaillon

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:27 AM

+1

Would love to see it working on mac!

#5 Merf

Merf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon HD 6770M 1024 MB
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:51 PM

Please some god of porting save us :[

#6 moussaillon

moussaillon

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:55 PM

For info AppDB rates the game "silver" on mac 10.8.

#7 DanIsTheMan

DanIsTheMan

Champion Member

• Members
  • 524 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel IRIS Graphics
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:45 AM

I'm working on this right now, got it working but xserver in my wrapper decided to freak out and break the wrapper. Trying to find a work-around!

Posted Image

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

#8 DanIsTheMan

DanIsTheMan

Champion Member

• Members
  • 524 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel IRIS Graphics

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:33 AM

Got everything working, including DSFix (it sorts out screen resolution, mouse issues, AA, DoF and other cool stuff), although DSFix has some issues.
It cannot:
-Unlock FPS to 60FPS (Game crashes on startup)
-Use AntiAliasing (Yet)
-Skip intro videos.

Other than that, all is good. No crashes, saving works, graphics look reasonable and windowed/fullscreen settings work flawlessly. Be aware though, the filesize of the wrapper is coming up to be pretty large (800mb, it has mono installed), so i'll need to do a bit of DLL removing, or just compress it really well! haha..

Heres a screenshot with DSFix, mouse is hidden and inventory is minimized: http://cl.ly/image/1B0d3l0S0i1l

Posted Image

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

#9 moussaillon

moussaillon

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:20 PM

Filled by DanIsTheMan! :)

#10 Reboot

Reboot

I am Darkstar

• Database Moderators
  • 2381 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia EVGA GTX 980 SC 4GB
Author

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:48 PM

View Postmoussaillon, on 10 March 2013 - 06:20 PM, said:

Filled by DanIsTheMan! :)
Done.

Posted Image

~ ~ ~ Hackintosh Spec ~ ~ ~

Intel Core i5-3570K 4.20GHz -- Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB DDR3 1600MHz -- Nvidia EVGA GTX 980 4GB VRAM GDDR5 SC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users