46 replies to this topic

#1 cluthz

cluthz

Senior Hall monitor!

• Super Forum Moderators
  • 2836 posts
  • LocationNorway
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia GTX780 GHz Edition
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
Author

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:09 PM

http://www.gameinfor...lls-online.aspx

Long rumored and much anticipated, The Elder Scrolls Online is finally being unveiled in the June issue of Game Informer. In this month's cover story we journey across the entire land of Tamriel, from Elsweyr to Skyrim and everywhere in between.
Developed by the team at Zenimax Online Studios, The Elder Scrolls Online merges the unmatched exploration of rich worlds that the franchise is known for with the scale and social aspects of a massively multiplayer online role-playing game. Players will discover an entirely new chapter of Elder Scrolls history in this ambitious world, set a millennium before the events of Skyrim as the daedric prince Molag Bal tries to pull all of Tamriel into his demonic realm.
"It will be extremely rewarding finally to unveil what we have been developing the last several years," said game director and MMO veteran Matt Firor, whose previous work includes Mythic's well-received Dark Age of Camelot. "The entire team is committed to creating the best MMO ever made – and one that is worthy of The Elder Scrolls franchise."
An in-depth look at everything from solo questing to public dungeons awaits in our enormous June cover story – as well as a peek at the player-driven PvP conflict that pits the three player factions against each other in open-world warfare over the province of Cyrodiil and the Emperor's throne itself.
Come back tomorrow morning for a brief teaser trailer from Zenimax Online and Bethesda Softworks, and later on in the afternoon for the first screenshot of the game. Over the course of the month, be sure to visit our Elder Scrolls Online hub, which will feature new exclusive content multiple times each week. You'll meet the three player factions, see video interviews with the creative leads, and much more.
The Elder Scrolls Online is scheduled to come out in 2013 for both PC and Macintosh.

[HackPro i7-4790K, 3x SSD + 5TB HDD • 16GB RAM • NVidia GTX 780 GHz Edition • OSX 10.10] . [MacBookAir 13 1.7GHz • Intel HD 3000 • OSX 10.9.5]

How to port Steam games .... My Youtube Porting videos ... Play my RPG

#2 KGameLover1

KGameLover1

Need a title

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • LocationWhere I am is where I be
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB, also Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB.
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
  • I like to play:Everything that's fun
Author

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:27 PM

Hmmm... It could be good. Anxious to see how it looks and plays.

Posted Image

blinxfrost said:

in game my guy spins out of control only way i can control is arrow keys my hands are to nubby to reach them and shot

View my ports! <--- Orcs Must Die, Payday, Fallout, I Wanna Be The Guy, and more!

How to use a Wineskin wrapper!

#3 moussaillon

moussaillon

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:40 PM

Awesome news for the gaming community on mac. Who said that all upcoming Bethesda/Elder Scrolls games might be native on mac? :ph34r:
Here we go with the first banner:

Posted Image

#4 hmtinc

hmtinc

Someone

• Members
  • 1315 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia GTX 760 (2048mb)
    Intel HD 4000 (512mb)
    Nvidia geforce 9400 (264mb)
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:Games
Author

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:16 PM

Its Just another MMO . The elder scrolls just wasn't meant to be multiplayer. Its better in a single player environment.
A elder scrolls online is just another RPGMMO game like (runescape & world of warcraft) except it will have more detailed plot and story and better graphics.
--
HM

#5 KGameLover1

KGameLover1

Need a title

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB, also Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB.
Author

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:34 PM

...wouldn't that mean it's not just another MMO? :P

Posted Image

blinxfrost said:

in game my guy spins out of control only way i can control is arrow keys my hands are to nubby to reach them and shot

View my ports! <--- Orcs Must Die, Payday, Fallout, I Wanna Be The Guy, and more!

#6 cluthz

cluthz

Senior Hall monitor!

• Super Forum Moderators
  • 2836 posts
  • LocationNorway
Author

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:07 PM

hmtinc, on 03 May 2012 - 08:16 PM, said:

wouldn't this just be another MMO . The elder scrolls just wasn't meant to be multiplayer. Its better in a single player environment.
A elder scrolls online is just another RPGMMO game like (runescape & world of warcraft) except it will have more detailed plot and story and better graphics.

Warcraft was never meant to be MMO either, and to be honest, the WoW lore is atleast as developed and maybe even more complex.
There are written like 20 books in the Warcraft universe.

I do believe that TES has an environment that is very good for a MMO, they have a world setting, they have a game people already know and they will get enough people playing it, just because it's TES.

[HackPro i7-4790K, 3x SSD + 5TB HDD • 16GB RAM • NVidia GTX 780 GHz Edition • OSX 10.10] . [MacBookAir 13 1.7GHz • Intel HD 3000 • OSX 10.9.5]

#7 GameGuy

GameGuy

Legendary Member

• Members
  • 2127 posts
  • LocationCanada...Eh
  • Graphics Card:nVidia 9400m 256mb
    ATI Radeon HD 6950 2GB
    MSI N670GTX PW/OCE 2GB SLI
  • I like to play:RPG, Racing, and of course FPS

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:24 PM

Interesting to see the ES series go in this direction but it better not turn into a payed mmo like WOW as that would be a big turn around for me as those monthly payed subscriptions just to play online are a waste of money.

Posted Image
Macbook Pro: Intel C2D 2.53ghz, 4GB Ram, Nvidia 9400m 256MB

Hackintosh: Intel i5-3570k, 16GB Ram, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, MSI GTX 670 Power Edition SLI
If my post helped you hit the like button :)

#8 HiPhish

HiPhish

Champion Member

• Members
  • 697 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
Author

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:26 PM

Warcraft was a game about multiplayer and Blizzard were the masters of multiplayer and game balance. Bethesda... well, the game will not be deleoped by Bethesda alone, so the best thing is to wait and see.
Games I own that still need porting:
Dark Messiah of Might & Magic, Descent 3, Fallout, Space Rangers 2

#9 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here
  • Graphics Card:Geforce GT 650M, Intel HD 4000, Radeon 6750, Intel HD 3000, Geforce 320m (in 3 machines)
  • I like to play:RPG and Strategy

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:44 PM

GameGuy, on 03 May 2012 - 09:24 PM, said:

Interesting to see the ES series go in this direction but it better not turn into a payed mmo like WOW as that would be a big turn around for me as those monthly payed subscriptions just to play online are a waste of money.
of course it'll be a paid MMO... its rare for a "free" mmo to be good... and most are only good if you spend a lot of money to buy stuff, or get the paid subscription.

I certainly hope its a pay only MMO with no free riders in there messing up the game for everyone else.  Sounds like an awesome game.  Paid subscriptions for a good MMO is NOT a waste of money... if you don't understand why there is a subscription, you need to look into what it costs to run those things.

#10 hmtinc

hmtinc

Someone

• Members
  • 1315 posts
  • LocationCanada
    Intel HD 4000 (512mb)
Author

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:02 PM

doh123, on 03 May 2012 - 09:44 PM, said:

of course it'll be a paid MMO... its rare for a "free" mmo to be good... and most are only good if you spend a lot of money to buy stuff, or get the paid subscription.

I certainly hope its a pay only MMO with no free riders in there messing up the game for everyone else.  Sounds like an awesome game.  Paid subscriptions for a good MMO is NOT a waste of money... if you don't understand why there is a subscription, you need to look into what it costs to run those things.
I think what he meant by paid mmo is that it better not be a monthly subscription fee for it .
--
HM

#11 KGameLover1

KGameLover1

Need a title

• Members
  • 840 posts
Author

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:19 PM

It could be like Guild Wars...one fee and then you're good. It could have microtransactions too.

Posted Image

blinxfrost said:

#12 cluthz

cluthz

Senior Hall monitor!

• Super Forum Moderators
  • 2836 posts
  • LocationNorway
Author

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:37 PM

The GW2 devs have luckily said that you shall not be able to buy yourself advantages, but you have to pay for server transfers and such.
GW2 will have a 10-12 month expansion released for full price, which will make the game cost roughly $60-70 a year (compared to Wow, with a $49 expansion every 18-24 months and $14.99 in fee, will be around $200 a year).

Many games have gone free to play, but unless you use quite some money, you'll have a considerably lesser game than the paying ones.

#13 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here
  • Graphics Card:Geforce GT 650M, Intel HD 4000, Radeon 6750, Intel HD 3000, Geforce 320m (in 3 machines)

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:14 PM

hmtinc, on 03 May 2012 - 10:02 PM, said:

I think what he meant by paid mmo is that it better not be a monthly subscription fee for it .
I know.. thats exactly what I was talking about too.  99% of free to play MMOs suck.. or the Free2Play portion sucks and you need to pay to really not have a sucky game... yet the freebaggers get in and screw it up for everyone.

$15ish a month with free short term trials is what I prefer.

#14 cluthz

cluthz

Senior Hall monitor!

• Super Forum Moderators
  • 2836 posts
  • LocationNorway
Author

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:25 PM

Zenimax Online (which is gonna make TESO) did license HeroEngines in 2007.
http://massively.joy...ith-heroengine/

For those of you not aware what HeroEngine is, it's the same engine that SWTOR uses.

I really hope they won't use it. SWTOR was a VRAM hog and ran pretty poorly compared to other modern RPGs like TERA (which is UE3 engine).

SWTOR also looks like a game from a few years back, where as MMOs like TERA and GW2 looks so much better (and uses less resources).
Unless they do something amazing with the engine, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna pass on it.

#15 Blinx 007

Blinx 007

Master Member

• Members
  • 1351 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nivida
  • I like to play:FPS RPG 3rd Person & Horror Games

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:29 PM

i am excited

#16 KGameLover1

KGameLover1

Need a title

• Members
  • 840 posts
Author

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:36 PM

cluthz, on 03 May 2012 - 11:25 PM, said:

Zenimax Online (which is gonna make TESO) did license HeroEngines in 2007.
http://massively.joy...ith-heroengine/

For those of you not aware what HeroEngine is, it's the same engine that SWTOR uses.

I really hope they won't use it. SWTOR was a VRAM hog and ran pretty poorly compared to other modern RPGs like TERA (which is UE3 engine).

SWTOR also looks like a game from a few years back, where as MMOs like TERA and GW2 looks so much better (and uses less resources).
Unless they do something amazing with the engine, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna pass on it.

This is what I was thinking, I was really not that impressed with SWTOR. Pass for me if it's HeroEngine. Who knows? Maybe they could use Skyrim's engine :P

Posted Image

blinxfrost said:

#17 hmtinc

hmtinc

Someone

• Members
  • 1315 posts
  • LocationCanada
    Intel HD 4000 (512mb)
Author

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:09 AM

KGameLover1, on 03 May 2012 - 11:36 PM, said:

This is what I was thinking, I was really not that impressed with SWTOR. Pass for me if it's HeroEngine. Who knows? Maybe they could use Skyrim's engine :P
if they are really making a TESonline , Then i better get starting building my new gaming pc :lol:
There is no way i am going to end up playing it on my mac ... Not after the horrible lag with skyrim

They will probably end up using skyrims engine
--
HM

#18 cluthz

cluthz

Senior Hall monitor!

• Super Forum Moderators
  • 2836 posts
  • LocationNorway
Author

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:11 AM

KGameLover1, on 03 May 2012 - 11:36 PM, said:

Hehe, Skyrim was made with Gamebryo. Bethesda licensed it back in 2000 and have used it for every game since, Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Skyrim. The engine has been great, but it's dated, even with the improvements made along the way. Skyrim was in the start very limited by this, with 2GB RAM limits, no dx10/11 and so on. The lack DX10/11 is still present, but it's at least patched to use more than 2GB RAM now.

I think it will be health with more MMOs out there, well more successful MMOs, since Wow have had 90% of the market, where the last 10% has been decided one tons of MMOs that have gone bankrupt.
SWTOR took the first slice of that cake with over 2 million sold copies. BioWare still claims that they have 1.7subs (although I really think they are exaggerating, I knew over ten people buying the game,  no one of those are playing anymore)

I'm pretty sure GuildWars 2 will take the next slice of the cake. The had close to 1 million beta signups.
http://www.flickr.co.../in/photostream

I'm pretty sure there are a market for at least five different 1 mill + MMOS at the same time.

#19 KGameLover1

KGameLover1

Need a title

• Members
  • 840 posts
Author

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:20 AM

I want GW2 really bad... looks fun

Posted Image

blinxfrost said:

#20 BLACKNIGHT

BLACKNIGHT

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia
  • Graphics Card:nVidia 860m 2gb
    nVidia 780 ti Gigabyte Windforce 3x edition
    nVidia Titan X Maxwell 3x SLI
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
  • I like to play:Racing
    FPS
    RPG/SKYRIM/OBLIVION/fallout NV

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:33 AM

KGameLover1, on 04 May 2012 - 12:20 AM, said:

I want GW2 really bad... looks fun
Same
Posted Image
When life gets You down, Grab it by the Balls
Ports Done- 9
PM me for Port Requests

#21 Blinx 007

Blinx 007

Master Member

• Members
  • 1351 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:47 AM

watch think it would be like pvp arenas and stuff like runescape but everything better

#22 cluthz

cluthz

Senior Hall monitor!

• Super Forum Moderators
  • 2836 posts
  • LocationNorway
Author

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:50 AM

blinxfrost, on 04 May 2012 - 01:47 AM, said:

watch think it would be like pvp arenas and stuff like runescape but everything better

Yeah, I think PvP is needed to make a successful mmo.

#23 hmtinc

hmtinc

Someone

• Members
  • 1315 posts
  • LocationCanada
    Intel HD 4000 (512mb)
Author

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:54 AM

cluthz, on 04 May 2012 - 01:50 AM, said:

Yeah, I think PvP is needed to make a successful mmo.
PVP is good. But i hope its only in certain areas like outside towns and stuff
--
HM

#24 Blinx 007

Blinx 007

Master Member

• Members
  • 1351 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:12 AM

hmtinc, on 04 May 2012 - 01:54 AM, said:

sounds like runescape haha

#25 BLACKNIGHT

BLACKNIGHT

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia
  • Graphics Card:nVidia 860m 2gb
    nVidia 780 ti Gigabyte Windforce 3x edition
    nVidia Titan X Maxwell 3x SLI
  • I like to play:Racing
    FPS
    RPG/SKYRIM/OBLIVION/fallout NV

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:34 AM

blinxfrost, on 04 May 2012 - 02:12 AM, said:

sounds like runescape haha
runescape is a horrible game

hmtinc, on 04 May 2012 - 01:54 AM, said:

yeah
Posted Image
When life gets You down, Grab it by the Balls
Ports Done- 9
PM me for Port Requests

#26 HiPhish

HiPhish

Champion Member

• Members
  • 697 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
Author

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:56 AM

hmtinc, on 04 May 2012 - 12:09 AM, said:

They will probably end up using skyrims engine
Engine is not graphics, it's how the game works. Unless the Creation Engine has some good, robust and reliable networking functionality it would be a very stupid thing to do.
Games I own that still need porting:
Dark Messiah of Might & Magic, Descent 3, Fallout, Space Rangers 2

#27 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:50 AM

HeroEngine can make a very different looking game.  SWTOR graphics are stylized to be more like KOTOR, since thats what its based off of. they can use HeroEngine and have very different looking graphics... it makes some sense that they may be using that since its PC/Mac/Linux (or will be shortly), and not PC only.

#28 cluthz

cluthz

Senior Hall monitor!

• Super Forum Moderators
  • 2836 posts
  • LocationNorway
Author

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:13 PM

doh123, on 04 May 2012 - 11:50 AM, said:

HeroEngine can make a very different looking game.  SWTOR graphics are stylized to be more like KOTOR, since thats what its based off of. they can use HeroEngine and have very different looking graphics... it makes some sense that they may be using that since its PC/Mac/Linux (or will be shortly), and not PC only.

I'm aware that they could have increased texture resolution and make more complex models, but that would require even more resources.
1024MB VRAM is minimum to run high settings at 1680x1050 res in SWTOR (at least it was while I was playing).

In a years time HeroEngine might be more mature, and have considerable performance boost.

#29 waves

waves

Tired, and starting to outlive my usefullness.

• Super Moderators
  • 1600 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDA
Author

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:27 AM

I will try it if my Mac supports it but I doubt it will by 2013. Also if it is first person only - I doubt I will.
Posted Image

How to get multiple file port games / apps runnning: http://portingteam.c...-combine-files/

#30 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:05 PM

why would it be first person only?  In oblivion and Skyrim I do any melee fighting in third person, but I do aiming bows and magic shooting in first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users