VitorMM

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9400M, Intel Iris 1536Mb
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified
  • I like to play:The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Fallout: New Vegas, Dragon Ball Xenoverse, Diablo III

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:54 PM

Ow, and a good new: according to my researches and with my Xcode project configurations, Gamma Studio is still able to run in Snow Leopard, but I'm still not sure if it kept the configuration that compiled it with universal architecture (32 and 64 bits). Can you check it for me, DankoB? Oh, and chrisangel, are you still using Leopard? If so, I can change Gamma Studio compiling options to work with it.

#62 Zorg

Zorg

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSpace
  • Graphics Card:I don't know.
  • I like to play:Arcade, Side Scrollers

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:30 PM

View PostGammaStudio, on 23 March 2014 - 02:54 PM, said:

Ow, and a good new: according to my researches and with my Xcode project configurations, Gamma Studio is still able to run in Snow Leopard, but I'm still not sure if it kept the configuration that compiled it with universal architecture (32 and 64 bits). Can you check it for me, DankoB? Oh, and chrisangel, are you still using Leopard? If so, I can change Gamma Studio compiling options to work with it.

lipo -info Gamma\ Studio.app/Contents/MacOS/Gamma\ Studio
Non-fat file: Gamma Studio.app/Contents/MacOS/Gamma Studio is architecture: x86_64

Not compiled for 32-bit (i386).

P.S. if you decide to compile for 10.5, my experience is that you should restrict it to 32-bit for that version.

#63 VitorMM

VitorMM

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • I like to play:The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Fallout: New Vegas, Dragon Ball Xenoverse, Diablo III

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:24 PM

Thanks Zorg, and thanks for the restriction tip too, I'm following it :D

Just released the newest version, and now it supports 10.5 and 32-bits architecture again.
https://sourceforge....ts/gammastudio/

#64 VitorMM

VitorMM

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:09 PM

The latest Gamma Studio now contains the Dutch language (by Paul the Tall). Many bugs were repaired, and some parts of the program were improved.

Furthermore, there is a surprise coming...

#65 chrisangel

chrisangel

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDA
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:20 AM

View PostGammaStudio, on 23 March 2014 - 02:54 PM, said:

Still on Leopard and still use this.

Thanks.

What is the surprise? :)

#66 VitorMM

VitorMM

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:21 PM

View Postchrisangel, on 08 June 2014 - 04:20 AM, said:

Still on Leopard and still use this.

Thanks.

What is the surprise? :)

It isn't ready yet :P Are you using the latest Gamma Studio? Do you have any suggestions for it?

#67 VitorMM

VitorMM

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 31 December 2014 - 07:41 PM

The time for the surprise as come: Gamma Studio became Porting Center, and now is part of a partnership with Paulthetall.com, which also resulted in Porting Kit! Both can be downloaded in its lastest versions here:
http://paulthetall.com/
http://portingkit.com/

We took Porting to a different level, and our prediction is to make it even bigger.

#68 waves

waves

Tired, and starting to outlive my usefullness.

• Super Moderators
  • 1600 posts
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Author

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:02 PM

Congrats on releasing this.
Posted Image

How to get multiple file port games / apps runnning: http://portingteam.c...-combine-files/

#69 VitorMM

VitorMM

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:50 PM

Unfortunately, the latest version of Porting Center isn't supporting Mac OS X 10.5 anymore for technical reasons, but it have much more features than before.  That is the link if you are interested:
http://portingkit.co...ting Center.zip

By the way, that's the link to Porting Kit. With it, you can install Windows games in your Mac using WSI files created by Porting Center (~1Mb of size) instead of downloading wrappers:
http://portingkit.co...Porting Kit.zip

#70 waves

waves

• Super Moderators
  • 1600 posts
Author

Posted 26 January 2015 - 11:14 PM

I have been away from most of this stuff for awhile - but I have a few projects on the go again.

I will give this a download and a try on Wednesday. And report back :)
Posted Image

How to get multiple file port games / apps runnning: http://portingteam.c...-combine-files/

#71 waves

waves

• Super Moderators
  • 1600 posts
Author

Posted 14 February 2015 - 03:07 PM

View PostGammaStudio, on 26 January 2015 - 03:50 PM, said:

Unfortunately, the latest version of Porting Center isn't supporting Mac OS X 10.5 anymore for technical reasons

Ya it does not work for me either. It is 10.8.x + only.

Too bad. I was hoping it would still work on Snow Leopard.
Posted Image

#72 VitorMM

VitorMM

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:57 PM

No, it's 10.7.x+ :P

Sorry about that, but it needed an upload feature which I was only able to add using 10.7+ instead of 10.5+. At the moment I don't have enough time, but I can release a special version without that feature :)

#73 waves

waves

• Super Moderators
  • 1600 posts
Author

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:44 AM

Well when I launch the app it says 10.8 plus.
Posted Image

#74 VitorMM

VitorMM

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 16 February 2015 - 12:15 PM

Porting Kit requirees 10.8+, but Gamma Studio became Porting Center, which is 10.7+.

#75 waves

waves

• Super Moderators
  • 1600 posts
Author

Posted 17 February 2015 - 03:23 PM

I see. I was referring to Porting Centre unable to launch, on 10.6

Oh well.

Keep up the good work.
Posted Image

#76 VitorMM

VitorMM

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 09 June 2015 - 04:19 PM

I know what happened: it's Sparkle; it's only supporting 10.8+.

Well, I'm planning to release a Legacy Version of Porting Center/Kit on the next stable release which will work on 10.5+, so wait for it ;). I will announce it on the Facebook page too, so here is the link, just in case you want to know as soon as it's released:
https://www.facebook.com/portingkit

#77 VitorMM

VitorMM

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 13 June 2015 - 02:22 AM

Just released the Legacy version of Porting Center:
http://portingkit.co...nter Legacy.zip

#78 NRG

NRG

Champion Member

• Members
  • 679 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia 9800m GTS
  • Operating System:OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)

Posted 24 June 2015 - 12:21 PM

View PostVitorMM, on 13 June 2015 - 02:22 AM, said:

Just released the Legacy version of Porting Center:
http://portingkit.co...nter Legacy.zip

Hello, I had missed this your tread, I saw him for the first time just now ... Trying your Porting Center It started in Italian (the language of my OSX) but it contains many errors of translation that I have tried to correct in the file "Localizable.string" using Textedit ... After the correction, however, the program starts only in English ... what is wrong?

#79 VitorMM

VitorMM

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:40 PM

I'm not sure why that happened, but if you are interested in the Italian translation I can send you the base file, you send me the translation back, and then I can add your translation to the official Porting Center release (giving you the credits for the translation of course) :)

#80 NRG

NRG

Champion Member

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 08:46 PM

View PostVitorMM, on 24 June 2015 - 04:40 PM, said:

I'm not sure why that happened, but if you are interested in the Italian translation I can send you the base file, you send me the translation back, and then I can add your translation to the official Porting Center release (giving you the credits for the translation of course) :)

Not a problem if you want give me a link where download the base file, I can give you the correct italians words... It only seems strange that if I modify  directly the bad italian words onto "Localizable.string" then this is no longer recognized and it is automatically loaded the English language... I tried to understand why ...

#81 VitorMM

VitorMM

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 24 June 2015 - 09:11 PM

It's probably related to the encoding. I don't know which text editor did you used, but it might have changed the file encoding. The result is that Porting Center isn't capable of reading it anymore. Could you send me a mail then I can reply you with the file? My mail is vitormm at portingkit.com (replace at with @).

#82 NRG

NRG

Champion Member

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 10:43 PM

ok I solved using textmate instead of textedit and now the localizable.string file works again...

This is the new italian version if you want include it in your tool:

EDIT: http://www.fast-file...aspx?file=94001 (latest version)

Although I have translated all, there are menus that are still in English as the menu "Avanzato" (advanced) and its submenus...

Two frases that remain in english are these:

Posted Image

1) "Install Winetricks" in italian: "Installa Winetricks" (I don't know where change this)

2) "Disable DLLs/OSs Overrides (Exporting to WSI only)"

in italian: "Disabilita sostituzioni delle DLLs/OSs (solo nell'esportazione a WSI)"

if I delete "//" before the frase, all the language used by porting center is the english version, while if I left "//" only this frase remains in english while all the rest of the translation works well in italian:

Posted Image

#83 NRG

NRG

Champion Member

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 09:03 AM

the thing that makes me laugh is that although I have translated literally everything, I still have not figured out how to work this program ... :P

Is there any tutorial we can follow?!?

#84 VitorMM

VitorMM

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:45 AM

View PostNRG90, on 25 June 2015 - 09:03 AM, said:

the thing that makes me laugh is that although I have translated literally everything, I still have not figured out how to work this program ... :P

Is there any tutorial we can follow?!?

Nope, but it's very simple (I will explain in English :P ). Select File -> Open and then select a wrapper. Now, you can edit the wrapper in a easier way (that part I think it's self-explainable) and Save it with File -> Save. Porting Center can open CXSkin, CXZ, CXEx and Wineskin wrappers, even old ones.

If your purpose is to create WSI files, click on File -> "Create WSI at..." and configure the WSI (the only useful tabs in Offline Mode are "Extra Files", "Installer" and "Winetricks"; that part of the program still wasn't added to the translation strings); after that, just press Ok and Porting Center will ask where you want to save the WSI.

WSI files are universal; that means if you create a WSI file of a CXZ wrapper, the WSI will generate a Wineskin wrapper replica.

#85 VitorMM

VitorMM

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:47 AM

Ow, and thanks for the translation! I will add it the next Porting Center release ;)

By the way, I see that you are using a more recent system, like Mavericks or Yosemite. If you are using a 10.8+ system you can use the original Porting Center instead of the Legacy release, which was made only for those with Mac OS X 10.6+. The original release has  automatic update and more regular updates, while legacy is only updated at stable releases and doesn't have automatic updates (Sparkle isn't giving support to -10.8 anymore).

#86 NRG

NRG

Champion Member

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:05 AM

View PostVitorMM, on 26 June 2015 - 12:45 AM, said:

Nope, but it's very simple (I will explain in English :P ). Select File -> Open and then select a wrapper. Now, you can edit the wrapper in a easier way (that part I think it's self-explainable) and Save it with File -> Save. Porting Center can open CXSkin, CXZ, CXEx and Wineskin wrappers, even old ones.

If your purpose is to create WSI files, click on File -> "Create WSI at..." and configure the WSI (the only useful tabs in Offline Mode are "Extra Files", "Installer" and "Winetricks"; that part of the program still wasn't added to the translation strings); after that, just press Ok and Porting Center will ask where you want to save the WSI.

WSI files are universal; that means if you create a WSI file of a CXZ wrapper, the WSI will generate a Wineskin wrapper replica.

Ok, thank's, when I have time I  try ...

View PostVitorMM, on 26 June 2015 - 12:47 AM, said:

Ow, and thanks for the translation! I will add it the next Porting Center release ;)

I just made a few small final adjustments , this is the last translation:

http://www.fast-file...aspx?file=94073

View PostVitorMM, on 26 June 2015 - 12:47 AM, said:

By the way, I see that you are using a more recent system, like Mavericks or Yosemite. If you are using a 10.8+ system you can use the original Porting Center instead of the Legacy release, which was made only for those with Mac OS X 10.6+. The original release has  automatic update and more regular updates, while legacy is only updated at stable releases and doesn't have automatic updates (Sparkle isn't giving support to -10.8 anymore).

ah! ok!  I'm with Yosemite 10.10.3 ;)

Edit: the original Porting Center ask me a login and a password for online mode; how does it work the online mode?

#87 VitorMM

VitorMM

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:51 PM

View PostNRG90, on 26 June 2015 - 10:05 AM, said:

ah! ok!  I'm with Yosemite 10.10.3 ;)

Edit: the original Porting Center ask me a login and a password?!?

Just to use the Online Mode. You can simply press Offline Mode and you will see the same window from the Legacy version. The Online Mode is for WSI Developers which are officially part of the Porting Project (actually, me (VitorMM), PaulTheTall and Rowns). With it, WSI files can be added, edited and removed from our server. I will enable an "Always Offline" option in the future.

#88 NRG

NRG

Champion Member

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:56 PM

ok thank's for the explanations...

I just updated the porting center and I seen you added my translation without the right credits... <_<
Another  time I want at least a coffee paid ... :P

#89 VitorMM

VitorMM

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 28 June 2015 - 03:00 PM

View PostNRG90, on 26 June 2015 - 09:56 PM, said:

ok thank's for the explanations...

I just updated the porting center and I seen you added my translation without the right credits... <_<
Another  time I want at least a coffee paid ... :P

OMG, SORRY! I totally forgot to add it to the credits RTF because I was in a hurry that day! xD
Your credits are still in the strings file by the way, and I also said about it in the release notes (which can be seen when you update the app):
http://portingkit.co...leasenotes.html

I will add it to the credits for the next release. Sorry again.

#90 VitorMM

VitorMM

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:55 PM

Ow, I forgot to say: I've also released the Porting Kit Legacy version:
http://portingkit.co... Kit Legacy.zip

It can't resize or update, but I think it can do everything else (I don't have any Mac OS X 10.6 here to test :P ).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users