• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Reboot

Reboot

I am Darkstar

• Database Moderators
  • 2381 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia EVGA GTX 980 SC 4GB
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
Author

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:53 PM

Guys, Eidos Montreal (creators of Deus Ex HR) developed remake game called "Thief". Here is official website http://thiefgame.com/ and another link http://www.gameinfor...aled-thief.aspx Check out them!

Discuss!

Posted Image

~ ~ ~ Hackintosh Spec ~ ~ ~

Intel Core i5-3570K 4.20GHz -- Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB DDR3 1600MHz -- Nvidia EVGA GTX 980 4GB VRAM GDDR5 SC

#2 wMin17

wMin17

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:05 AM

View PostHrachya, on 06 March 2013 - 04:23 AM, said:

Don't let this be another Aliens: Colonial Marines, please for God's sake.

This.

#3 cluthz

cluthz

Senior Hall monitor!

• Super Forum Moderators
  • 2836 posts
  • LocationNorway
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia GTX780 GHz Edition
Author

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:59 AM

I believe it can be good.
Eidos Montreal did the Deus EX:HR and the gameplay style of Deus EX:HR is very similar to the original Thief games.

Apparantli ALiens CM was a disaster because it was outsourced to several different studios.

[HackPro i7-4790K, 3x SSD + 5TB HDD • 16GB RAM • NVidia GTX 780 GHz Edition • OSX 10.10] . [MacBookAir 13 1.7GHz • Intel HD 3000 • OSX 10.9.5]

How to port Steam games .... My Youtube Porting videos ... Play my RPG

#4 Reboot

Reboot

I am Darkstar

• Database Moderators
  • 2381 posts
Author

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:59 PM

I am thinking to try Dark Mod for Doom 3 later. It's look like Thief games http://www.thedarkmod.com/main/

Btw, anyone like remake/reboot old games? I do.

Posted Image

Intel Core i5-3570K 4.20GHz -- Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB DDR3 1600MHz -- Nvidia EVGA GTX 980 4GB VRAM GDDR5 SC

#5 waves

waves

Tired, and starting to outlive my usefullness.

• Super Moderators
  • 1600 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDA
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Author

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:05 AM

View PostREBOOT, on 06 March 2013 - 11:59 PM, said:

Btw, anyone like remake/reboot old games? I do.

Nope. I can not think of a good remake or reeboot - no offense Reeboot :)
Posted Image

How to get multiple file port games / apps runnning: http://portingteam.c...-combine-files/

#6 HiPhish

HiPhish

Champion Member

• Members
  • 697 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
Author

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:32 AM

View Postwaves, on 07 March 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

Nope. I can not think of a good remake or reeboot - no offense Reeboot :)/>
What about Super Mario All Stars? You get Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 and The Lost Levels on one cartridge with updated sound and graphics and a save feature. Aside from the techical upgrades the games sayed very true to the originals, they even have the same physics each, Nintendo didn't just slap Super Mario World physics on top of everything and ruin the clockwork-like precision of the level design.

Now that i think about it can't find any good examples for reboots/remakes either. I know that Castlevania Re-Birth for WiiWare is a remake of an old GameBoy game, but it is so different it has nothing in common with the original anymore, it might as wel be a game on its own. For PC games there is usually no reason for a remake when you can just use mods (or source ports in rare cases) to improve the game.
Games I own that still need porting:
Dark Messiah of Might & Magic, Descent 3, Fallout, Space Rangers 2

#7 cluthz

cluthz

Senior Hall monitor!

• Super Forum Moderators
  • 2836 posts
  • LocationNorway
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia GTX780 GHz Edition
Author

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:23 PM

View Postwaves, on 07 March 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

Nope. I can not think of a good remake or reeboot - no offense Reeboot :)
I can think of a few.

Deus Ex Human Revolution. It's a very good game. It's a reboot, not a remake. I finished it 4 days ago (and I just replayed Deus Ex (the original) in 3 nights..). I still think the original is better (I wasn't really sure since I last played it in 2001), but with both fresh in mind I can clearly say they are both excellent games.
(DX1: 2000, DX2 (IW) 2004 DX3 (HR) 2011)

XCOM:Enemy Unknown. This remake (same story line, but a bit different since it's like 20 years newer) is very good! I played the poop out of it earlier this year!(original 1994, remake 2012). I must admit I have not played the original that much.

Fallout 3/NV. I have played all fallout games. The two original ones (1 and 2) I have played like 3 times each. THe original ones are from 1997 and 1998. Fallout 3 and NV from 2008 and 2010.
In my eyes great success. Fallout 3 is not as good as the others, but still a very good game.

There are also a few promising upcoming reboots/remakes:
Wasteland reboot. (Original is late 80s i think). I saw a 15 minutes of playing and it looks awesome. Combat is very much like the original Fallout games.

And you have the new Torment game, which is a kind of Planescape sequel, not sure how tied they are together, or if it can be called a reboot at all.

[HackPro i7-4790K, 3x SSD + 5TB HDD • 16GB RAM • NVidia GTX 780 GHz Edition • OSX 10.10] . [MacBookAir 13 1.7GHz • Intel HD 3000 • OSX 10.9.5]

How to port Steam games .... My Youtube Porting videos ... Play my RPG

#8 Reboot

Reboot

I am Darkstar

• Database Moderators
  • 2381 posts
Author

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

Posted Image

#9 waves

waves

• Super Moderators
  • 1600 posts
Author

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:43 AM

View PostHiPhish, on 07 March 2013 - 11:32 AM, said:

What about Super Mario All Stars? You get Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 and The Lost Levels on one cartridge with updated sound and graphics and a save feature. Aside from the techical upgrades the games sayed very true to the originals, they even have the same physics each, Nintendo didn't just slap Super Mario World physics on top of everything and ruin the clockwork-like precision of the level design.

Now that i think about it can't find any good examples for reboots/remakes either. I know that Castlevania Re-Birth for WiiWare is a remake of an old GameBoy game, but it is so different it has nothing in common with the original anymore, it might as wel be a game on its own. For PC games there is usually no reason for a remake when you can just use mods (or source ports in rare cases) to improve the game.

Mario All Stars + World - you get all 4 :D - so I guess you got me there.

@ Cluthz - I respectfully disagree with Fallout - I hate the new game because it is too much a first person shooter (which I can not stand) - but to each their own :)
Posted Image

How to get multiple file port games / apps runnning: http://portingteam.c...-combine-files/

#10 waves

waves

• Super Moderators
  • 1600 posts
Author

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:45 AM

View PostHrachya, on 01 April 2013 - 01:06 AM, said:

If you press F it takes you to third person. There are also a ton of mods that drastically change the gameplay. The only reason the game is still alive.

I know but I still do not like it.
Posted Image

#11 waves

waves

• Super Moderators
  • 1600 posts
Author

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:48 PM

I would rather jus play a different game - leave me alone ;(

:)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users