Jump to content

  • Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Skyrim: Dragonborn DLC?


  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DuoVandal

DuoVandal

    Lurker

  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

I'm currently enjoying Skyrim on my Mac wrapper, it's a hard copy not running off steam. And I've gone through and installed Dawnguard and the Dragonborn DLC and a few small cosmetic mods. The mods and Dawnguard are working perfectly fine but the Dragonborn DLC doesn't appear to be working at all.

I have completed the quest Horn of Jurgen Windcaller, which is needed for the Cultists to attack you. The boat didn't appear before or after the quest was finished.

I've installed it exactly the same as the Dawnguard DLC which is working as I have the quest for that.

I have the most recent patch for the game 1.9, I installed straight to that (I assume it installs all the prior patches as well since Dawnguard is working.)

I have it listed in the Plugins.txt document with all my other mods/dlc with the .esm being over the .bsa file. And all the DLC/Mods are in my data folder.

Not had any errors at all with anything else, everything seems to work perfectly.


My Mac OS X Version:
Mac OSX 10.8.3

My Mac Model, GPU & CPU:
AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB, 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7


Edit: I appologize. I should have put a bit more effort into fiddling with it myself. I fixed it by removing the Dragonborn.bsa and Dragonborn.esm files to my desktop, deleting the Dragonborn.bsa/esm lines in the Plugins.txt file. Waited about a minute and placed the files back and readded the two lines with .esm being top as usual but now with the Dragonborn part being at the bottom under my mods. Feel silly for this post now but if anyone happens to search here with the same issue they'll have a solution.

Edited by DuoVandal, 10 April 2013 - 06:32 PM.


#2 Ballistic2013

Ballistic2013

    Novice Member

  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon 6490M
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:44 AM

View PostDuoVandal, on 10 April 2013 - 06:24 PM, said:

Edit: I appologize. I should have put a bit more effort into fiddling with it myself. I fixed it by removing the Dragonborn.bsa and Dragonborn.esm files to my desktop, deleting the Dragonborn.bsa/esm lines in the Plugins.txt file. Waited about a minute and placed the files back and readded the two lines with .esm being top as usual but now with the Dragonborn part being at the bottom under my mods. Feel silly for this post now but if anyone happens to search here with the same issue they'll have a solution.

In my prior experience....Which means watching YouTube videos.....I've seen that in the Plugins.txt file, you DO NOT have to write in the .bsa file. It's unnecessary and causes glitches in the game...(I know you solved this problem already, but just letting you know that you should prolly remove the .bsa file from your Plugins.txt file.) Jus' sayin. Friend of mine uses the Cider wrapper and said that after removing the .bsa file from the list in Plugins.txt, the game runs smoother for him, with less CTD's after plenty of gameplay.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users