Not an impersonator :D

Copier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Graphics Card:intel hd 3000
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:42 AM

really whats wrong did the site move is it gone is it really on maintenance does the site dev have no time to update it?

#2 cluthz

cluthz

Senior Hall monitor!

• Super Forum Moderators
  • 2836 posts
  • LocationNorway
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia GTX780 GHz Edition
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
Author

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:47 PM

I have never used that site, except for checking it out once, after I got reports from some users that they used my ports there :)
My impression of the site that they, at least in the start, was very unprofessional with only a few porters and many people that leeched ports from other sites.
As said I have little experiences with the site. I have however talked to a few of the people from there, who hangs out here too, which seemed like nice and fair people.

[HackPro i7-4790K, 3x SSD + 5TB HDD • 16GB RAM • NVidia GTX 780 GHz Edition • OSX 10.10] . [MacBookAir 13 1.7GHz • Intel HD 3000 • OSX 10.9.5]

How to port Steam games .... My Youtube Porting videos ... Play my RPG

#3 ValkTuna

ValkTuna

Imitator, Intimidator, Stimulator, Simulator of Data, Eliminator

• Members
  • 770 posts
  • LocationIn the deep dark depths of the earth... :P
  • Graphics Card:nVidia GeForce 320M 256MB.
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
  • I like to play:SMITE, LoL, and other games that catch my attention. Usually a wide range of genres.

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:23 AM

That site started me off with porting. It was like the place where I took interest, downloaded some stuff before finally moving on to learn how to create ports. It was a great community for me, where I made friends as well.

Also as of now that site has become sort of inconsistent. There is no surefire way to know other than to ask the owner himself, which I do not want to bug him with.
Posted Image
Main banner thanks to RazorPro

I don't have anything else to say, I guess.

#4 AaronBalitskyz

AaronBalitskyz

Novice Member

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 04:10 PM

Its back! of course its no longer with ning and had a rebranding to shadow of the mac at shadowofthemac.com.

You won't have to register if you had an account already. Just go to lost password and type in your email. It will send it to you again!

#5 AaronBalitskyz

AaronBalitskyz

Novice Member

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 10:20 AM

Snow-Leopard.ning is Back as a rebranded website! Its called Shadow of the Mac! All ex members have received an email, but the biggest problem that was faced was that 29,000 emails went to the spam box. If most members didn't receive the emails then its still possible to recover the password on the website itself as all ex sl accounts have been transferred to the new website.

http://shadowofthemac.com

FOR THOSE HAVING TRUST ISSUES! There is a page that gives you some proof that this website is made by the official creator.
http://shadowofthema...w-leopard-ning/

Those who haven't received an email but still want to recover their account, heres what you do, click the link, type in the same email you used in the old snow-leopard.ning, then check your spam/junk box nd mark future emails as not junk.

A password will be sent, then just change it to something you like.

http://shadowofthema...on=lostpassword

Hope met people are happy to hear the news. all 29K members have been imported. all thats left is to activate them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users