88 replies to this topic

#1 Digital404

Digital404

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationThe Nexus Core
  • Graphics Card:The one that in my machine :)
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified
  • I like to play:All games that doesn't bored me to death.

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:39 AM

I have been getting some emails about the new Xbox one and PS4, Asking me which one is better. That will be a tough choice to make. I've seen both specs and there is one thing that Xbox came out to late is with the bluray drive. Give us your option opinions or comments of both the PS4 and Xbox one and tell us what you think should be the number #1 console.
Time Paradox \/---- By 0(-----------)

#2 georgi995

georgi995

Novice Member

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel HD 3000
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:30 PM

FORZA PS4

#3 Digital404

Digital404

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationThe Nexus Core

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:09 PM

So you think PS4 is going to kill Xbox one?.

#4 hmtinc

hmtinc

Someone

• Members
  • 1315 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia GTX 760 (2048mb)
    Intel HD 4000 (512mb)
    Nvidia geforce 9400 (264mb)
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:Games
Author

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:21 PM

View PostDigital404, on 05 June 2013 - 09:09 PM, said:

So you think PS4 is going to kill Xbox one?.
Well it depends , it seems microsoft is focusing on a media based console with a dvr . If this is true the xbox one may end up being given away with tv subscriptions and if that happens then the xbox one will win the console wars because it will be subsidized  by cable companies and more people will get it cause it will come with their subscriptions.

For the ps4 i am still wondering how the GDDR5 ram will perform with the cpu since GDDR5 has high latency its a poor ram choice for cpu's  .
--
HM

#5 Digital404

Digital404

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationThe Nexus Core

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:50 PM

Well since Xbox one has 8 core build in with a 8gb memory plus PS4 has the same memory but PS4 has DDR5 and Xbox has DDR3 Xbox one has 500GB HDD aswell as the PS4. But now the Xbox one comes with Bluray now.....Further more I dislike the kinect (why well in order the play the xbox one  the kinect has to be connected at all times) SUCKS.

#6 GameGuy

GameGuy

Legendary Member

• Members
  • 2127 posts
  • LocationCanada...Eh
  • Graphics Card:nVidia 9400m 256mb
    ATI Radeon HD 6950 2GB
    MSI N670GTX PW/OCE 2GB SLI
  • I like to play:RPG, Racing, and of course FPS

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:47 AM

Devs on the one only have 4GB of ram to work with as the other 4GB for the one are for handling the 3 os's. Sony says the PS4 is a gaming console for gamers and microsoft seems to be heading in the all in one entertainment system. Whatever playstation is my system I own an original xbox and 360 and really the only things I played on them were halo and gears....360 was imo a horribly built console and so will the one. If I put the one beside my 90's vhs player I would probably mix them up :P.

Posted Image
Macbook Pro: Intel C2D 2.53ghz, 4GB Ram, Nvidia 9400m 256MB

Hackintosh: Intel i5-3570k, 16GB Ram, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, MSI GTX 670 Power Edition SLI
If my post helped you hit the like button :)

#7 cluthz

cluthz

Senior Hall monitor!

• Super Forum Moderators
  • 2836 posts
  • LocationNorway
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia GTX780 GHz Edition
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
Author

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:16 AM

PS4 has much better specs. Better GPU 1152 shaders vs 768 shaders. Much better VRAM, GDDR5 vs DDR3 for ram.
Xbone will need to be synched every 24 hours with ms or it will not work.

[HackPro i7-4790K, 3x SSD + 5TB HDD • 16GB RAM • NVidia GTX 780 GHz Edition • OSX 10.10] . [MacBookAir 13 1.7GHz • Intel HD 3000 • OSX 10.9.5]

How to port Steam games .... My Youtube Porting videos ... Play my RPG

#8 HyperTsunaz

HyperTsunaz

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Graphics Card:Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
  • I like to play:FPS, adventure, action and strategy games.
    I'm on Steam, Origin and UPlay.

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:44 AM

PS4 FTW. So many reasons why the PS4 is gonna be better. The PS4 won for all the categories in a survey carried out by IGN recently. Its also gonna be so hard for Indie devs and people who like to buy 2nd hand copies of games.

#9 waves

waves

Tired, and starting to outlive my usefullness.

• Super Moderators
  • 1600 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDA
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Author

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:19 AM

Way too early to tell.

Too many unknowns with with the Xbox 720.

And how can you decide the ps 4 is the Xbox killer when you have not even seen it!
Posted Image

How to get multiple file port games / apps runnning: http://portingteam.c...-combine-files/

#10 waves

waves

• Super Moderators
  • 1600 posts
Author

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:59 AM

I called it 720 on purposes - just to annoy people.

Unknowns = speculations = Nothing confirmed.

Everyone should just buy a Dreamcast. And then forget about the stupid blurry Rectangle PS 4 (you will be stupider if you click the video link) and the fugly looking Xbox One.
Posted Image

How to get multiple file port games / apps runnning: http://portingteam.c...-combine-files/

#11 GameGuy

GameGuy

Legendary Member

• Members
  • 2127 posts
  • LocationCanada...Eh
    ATI Radeon HD 6950 2GB

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:07 AM

View Postwaves, on 08 June 2013 - 01:59 AM, said:

I called it 720 on purposes - just to annoy people.

Unknown = speculations. Nothing confirmed.
But the hardware on both consoles is confirmed. With all the drm patents that microsoft has patented over the years we can speculate as much as we can...but I guess we can wait a few days and really find out :D.

Posted Image

Hackintosh: Intel i5-3570k, 16GB Ram, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, MSI GTX 670 Power Edition SLI

#12 waves

waves

• Super Moderators
  • 1600 posts
Author

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:39 AM

I disagree that all the hardware is confirmed. See http://arstechnica.c...losing-nothing/

Plus even if the a system has better hardware does not mean it will be better. I play games to enjoy them. If the system games suck - no amount of hardware is going to change that fact. Though I guess I am just old and everyone is all about specs. And seems to always been that way. Remember when the 16 bit super nintendo - was blown out of the water by the 64 bit Atari Jaguar? Remember - "Do the math".

Also the drm crap has not all been confirmed though yes I feel the worst. And the whole fear mongering Xbox kinect is always watching you is a load of crap.
http://kotaku.com/xb...t-off-511759241

Edit:

Well I guess they changed their minds on the used games / 24 check in drm - it is no more. No more always on either, for offline gaming.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update
Posted Image

#13 waves

waves

• Super Moderators
  • 1600 posts
Author

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:42 AM

I am not going to argue. Believe what you wish.
Posted Image

#14 waves

waves

• Super Moderators
  • 1600 posts
Author

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:13 AM

View PostHrachya, on 08 June 2013 - 03:48 AM, said:

Not arguing but debating.

A fair enough. The video link did not show up on my ipod - so all I saw was a blanket statement saying

View PostHrachya, on 08 June 2013 - 03:42 AM, said:

... The DRM HAS been confirmed by Microsoft themselves.

So yeah it seemed like a start of an argument.

At the end of the day - I am not buying either this Christmas. No games = 400 dollar paper weight to me.

Since the original comment was which one will be better - I think it should be where the games are that you want to play.

For me it takes a game I really really want to play to buy a new console. Bought a snes for super mario world - bought a playstation for final fantasy ix - bought a dreamcast for skies of arcadia - bought a ps2 for final fantasy xi - bought a ps3 for Journey and Ni no Kuni - bought an Xbox for Final Fantasy XIII (though I never really liked it).

Until there is a game out I really want, I will just continue to play my with my modded top loader NES, my SNES and dreamcast for now and be happy. :)
Posted Image

#15 chrisangel

chrisangel

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:15 AM

View Postgeorgi995, on 05 June 2013 - 05:30 PM, said:

FORZA PS4

Forza is an Xbox franchise. ;)

#16 cluthz

cluthz

Senior Hall monitor!

• Super Forum Moderators
  • 2836 posts
  • LocationNorway
Author

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:54 PM

I might get a PS4, it all depends on games and DRM. The xbone DRM is now confirmed, and it's a deal breaker for me.
Usually pretty much all games on xbox will be on PC too, and there are enough great games on pc to play.

I'm very interested in the new Xenoblade game, and it seems like it will be a Wii-U exclusive. If it's as good as the previous one, I might get it just for that :P

I started to dip into Wii games a little over a year ago, and there is actually some really good titles out there, just for Wii. Luckily a good machine can emulate a Wii, with much better graphics than a Wii can produce itself!

[HackPro i7-4790K, 3x SSD + 5TB HDD • 16GB RAM • NVidia GTX 780 GHz Edition • OSX 10.10] . [MacBookAir 13 1.7GHz • Intel HD 3000 • OSX 10.9.5]

#17 HiPhish

HiPhish

Champion Member

• Members
  • 697 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
Author

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:02 PM

It's the same thing every generation, the internet starts "debating" hardware specs while the weaker console wins the market. Every. Single. Time. Ever.
Games I own that still need porting:
Dark Messiah of Might & Magic, Descent 3, Fallout, Space Rangers 2

#18 HiPhish

HiPhish

Champion Member

• Members
  • 697 posts
Author

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:55 PM

View PostHrachya, on 08 June 2013 - 05:27 PM, said:

Weaker console wins the market? Could you give me an example of that?
It would be easier to name a generation where that was not the case, because there is none
Second Generation: Atari wins against Colecovision and Intellivision due to games. You've got to love this commercial:

https://www.youtube....h?v=Y0KTjpaG3cg

Third Generation: The NES won against the much more modern home computers even though the experts all agreed that home consoles were dead after the Atari crash. Yet games and simplicity won over raw processing power. Just look at this commercial

https://www.youtube....h?v=PUEI7mm8M7Q

Fourth Generation: Wasn't the SNES more powerful than the MegaDrive? Yes, it was. Does this defeat my point? Not at all, because there was more to the fourth generation than just Sega and Nintendo. There were the Atari Jaguar, 3DO, Apple Pippin, Phillips CDi and probably something else i missed. Those competitors were so much more powerful than the Nintendo and Sega, that when they failed they failed into oblivion. No one even remembers them anymore. Let's take a look at some contemporary commercials, shall we?

https://www.youtube....h?v=5j0ORcH-CV0

That's right, only babies play Nintendo or Sega. What was Atari's answer? Do the Math! Because we certainly did not when we just added two unrelated numbers on top of each other.

https://www.youtube....h?v=nxuna944dls

I love old commercials. They are so bad.

Fifth Generation: PlayStation, enough said. Nintendo dominated the gaming market for two generations, then they got arrogant. No one cared that the N64 was 64 bit (whatever that meant) and the PlayStation was just a 32 bit console. It always comes down to the games. It also helps that the PlayStation brought PC games to the television screen, although the results have proven to be devastating for PC gaming in the long run.

https://www.youtube....h?v=XYqmxQNKg38

Change the system is an appropriate motto. It took us nearly 20 years to finally get another 2D Mario on home consoles.

Sixth Generation: PlayStation 2, same as above. Let's move on...

Seventh Generation: Nintendo was meant to go the way of Sega and become a 3rd party developer while Sony and Microsoft would nuke it out. However, Nintendo did the right thing, they made their console resemble the NES, their prior best selling console. Just like the NES the Wii's graphics capabilities were lacking a generaion behind, but people didn't care. They just wanted fun and simple games for everyone.

https://www.youtube....h?v=qAka9mi9kzQ

Too bad Nintendo saw the Wii only as a stopgap to make enough money to persue their vanity projects no one wanted.

#19 cluthz

cluthz

Senior Hall monitor!

• Super Forum Moderators
  • 2836 posts
  • LocationNorway
Author

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:47 PM

Nintendo once made a very fast console, GameCube, and it didn't sell well :(

#20 GameGuy

GameGuy

Legendary Member

• Members
  • 2127 posts
  • LocationCanada...Eh
    ATI Radeon HD 6950 2GB

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:53 AM

We can only wait till monday and really see what the ps4 is all about.

Posted Image

#21 hmtinc

hmtinc

Someone

• Members
  • 1315 posts
  • LocationCanada
    Intel HD 4000 (512mb)
Author

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:59 AM

View Postcluthz, on 08 June 2013 - 11:47 PM, said:

Nintendo once made a very fast console, GameCube, and it didn't sell well :(
It wasn't that fast of a console , although it did beat the ps2 in performance and graphics .
The only reason why it didn't sell well was that it lacked a dvd drive which its competition had (Xbox & Ps2). The lack of storage space caused developer to compress content , thus leading to games that appeared less graphically appealing. This was the same reason why the N64 failed to beat the PS1 . Overall , lack of storage and inability to implement latest media distribution methods killed the gamecube , which is quite sad cause the gamecube was awesome .
--
HM

#22 cluthz

cluthz

Senior Hall monitor!

• Super Forum Moderators
  • 2836 posts
  • LocationNorway
Author

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:01 AM

It was pretty fast at the time! Faster than PS2 would pretty much mean it was the fastest around at that time :D

#23 hmtinc

hmtinc

Someone

• Members
  • 1315 posts
  • LocationCanada
    Intel HD 4000 (512mb)
Author

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:04 AM

View Postcluthz, on 09 June 2013 - 05:01 AM, said:

It was pretty fast at the time! Faster than PS2 would pretty much mean it was the fastest around at that time :D
The xbox was faster and had better graphic performance than the gamecube , so it really wasn't the fastest around . It was more like 2nd fastest :D
--
HM

#24 HiPhish

HiPhish

Champion Member

• Members
  • 697 posts
Author

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:48 AM

The Gamecube failed because the Nintendo games on it either sucked (Mario Sunshine, Zelda: Wind Waker) or never had enough market appeal (Metroid Prime, Fire Emblem). The Wii had awful 3rd party developer support but it was constantly selling out. Note how the 3rd party developers always find some problem with Nintendo's home consoles. First it was the strict license policies (which were strict but necessary at that time), then it was cartridges, then it was too small discs, then it was not enough graphics power (because cleary a game like [urls="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d53XwhPfRCI"]this[/url] can only be done in HD) and now that Nintendo has created the ideal 3rd part console it's like "eh, we still don't feel like it".

View PostHrachya, on 09 June 2013 - 03:40 AM, said:

Ah, I see. I wasn't born in most of those generations...
Neither was I, or I was too young to notice the "console" war. Also, unlike the US, in many European countries you aren't allowed to outright say "competitor X sucks, buy our stuff or you're stupid", you had to actually market your product. Ypu couldn't run those "Genesis does what nintendon't" commercials. However, thanks to the internet everyone can be a hobby video game historian.

Here are two intresting videos. The first one debukes the modern myth that Mario 2 and Zelda 2 were badly received; in fact they were so much anticipated that they were sold out constantly.

https://www.youtube....h?v=yt4KG9ib8S4

The second video shows a time when Nintendo games were about fun, not some weird japanese guys' ideology. it was all abut the customer. Today you'll hear Nintendo executives talk about assymtric gameplay, surprise, hard-ware software integration and even character development. The real question is whther it is fun for the player.

https://www.youtube....h?v=n_E2lh1lgmk

#25 moussaillon

moussaillon

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:00 AM

Back at the PS4 announcement conference in february, I said that the guys at Sony were professionnal trolls. Today, they proved it again but in a different, kinda positive way:

Hard times for Xbox coming up?

#26 GameGuy

GameGuy

Legendary Member

• Members
  • 2127 posts
  • LocationCanada...Eh
    ATI Radeon HD 6950 2GB

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:14 AM

Shots Fired Shots Fired!!! Sony defiantly stole the show. Only thing I hate is the $5 a month for online multiplayer but I guess with that $5 you get an array of good features.

Posted Image

#27 Digital404

Digital404

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationThe Nexus Core

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:51 PM

Well I can say this, The new styles of the PS4 and Xbox one seems to be a plan box style and not a future look. So who vote for what.

I am going for PS4 since Playstation announce that they going to allow users to play..Playstation 1,2.3 mobile, handheld and ps4 into the PS4...OMG I am so going to get PS4

#28 GameGuy

GameGuy

Legendary Member

• Members
  • 2127 posts
  • LocationCanada...Eh
    ATI Radeon HD 6950 2GB

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:54 AM

What did you want for a ps4 and one design then? Did you want a space trashcan "cough mac pro cough" or a ball with a tron stripe? Squares are the best for most electronic devices...look at computer cases, phones, TV's, etc.

Posted Image

#29 Digital404

Digital404

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationThe Nexus Core

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:01 PM

View PostHrachya, on 12 June 2013 - 04:04 AM, said:

I want it to be shaped, and made out of a beaver like in the pic below.
Posted Image

That is so cool...Why didn't I think of that....To me I want it more stylish type instead looking like a shoe box that came out of payless. I was hoping more like wall-e, eva or johnny five.

#30 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here
  • Graphics Card:Geforce GT 650M, Intel HD 4000, Radeon 6750, Intel HD 3000, Geforce 320m (in 3 machines)
  • I like to play:RPG and Strategy

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:04 PM

a bit old... but we all know what it should look like...

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=BF4AHVnxegU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users