Jump to content

  • Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

[FILLED] Cube World


  • Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#61 Evilphantomx

Evilphantomx

    Novice Member

  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia Quadro FX 580
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:54 PM

View PostREBOOT, on 13 July 2013 - 02:45 PM, said:

Only cider supports DX9. It is using Wine fork.

Ah see I didn't know that that is why I'm not the best at porting!

#62 Reboot

Reboot

    I am Darkstar

  • Database Moderators
  • 2381 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia EVGA GTX 980 SC 4GB
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
Author

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:59 PM

I tired cider build 5313. Game said could not initialize Direct3D.

I know cider build 5313 has pre-installed xaudio. I don't get error from it.

Edit: sent from iPhone. My hackinosh has no Internet connection. I am using offline cracked version of game.

Edit2: okay, cider kernel failed load msvcr110.dll

Edit3: msvcr110.dll and msvcp110.dll gave me error on cider kernel. (not world cube game)

Edited by REBOOT, 13 July 2013 - 03:29 PM.

Posted Image


~ ~ ~ Hackintosh Spec ~ ~ ~

Intel Core i5-3570K 4.20GHz -- Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB DDR3 1600MHz -- Nvidia EVGA GTX 980 4GB VRAM GDDR5 SC


#63 Evilphantomx

Evilphantomx

    Novice Member

  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia Quadro FX 580
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:02 PM

I also now get this before the unhandled error:
err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from multi-threaded to apartment threaded
Edit: Is anyone else getting tones of this: fixme:d3d:resource_check_usage Unhandled usage flags 0x8?

#64 Reboot

Reboot

    I am Darkstar

  • Database Moderators
  • 2381 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia EVGA GTX 980 SC 4GB
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
Author

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:48 PM

View PostEvilphantomx, on 13 July 2013 - 03:02 PM, said:

I also now get this before the unhandled error:
err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from multi-threaded to apartment threaded
Edit: Is anyone else getting tones of this: fixme:d3d:resource_check_usage Unhandled usage flags 0x8?
fixme:d3d:resource_check_usage Unhandled usage flags 0x8 it not do anything with game. it was just Wine. i think.

edit: see http://portingteam.c...ate/#entry97449

Edited by REBOOT, 13 July 2013 - 03:49 PM.

Posted Image


~ ~ ~ Hackintosh Spec ~ ~ ~

Intel Core i5-3570K 4.20GHz -- Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB DDR3 1600MHz -- Nvidia EVGA GTX 980 4GB VRAM GDDR5 SC


#65 Evilphantomx

Evilphantomx

    Novice Member

  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia Quadro FX 580
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:57 PM

View PostREBOOT, on 13 July 2013 - 03:48 PM, said:

fixme:d3d:resource_check_usage Unhandled usage flags 0x8 it not do anything with game. it was just Wine. i think.

Thanks!

#66 Evilphantomx

Evilphantomx

    Novice Member

  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia Quadro FX 580
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:00 AM

I tried a new wrapper and only installed DirectX 9. I no longer get the unhandled error but i do get this:
err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {5a508685-a254-4fba-9b82-9a24b00306af} not registered
and
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {5a508685-a254-4fba-9b82-9a24b00306af} could be created for context 0x1
Also my log is much shorter. Hope this gets us a little further!

#67 feliperubin

feliperubin

    Experienced Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Graphics Card:Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:54 PM

I've tried to get this to work on wine too but i'm not lucky? Still stuck on Xaudio2 even though i have already installed xact and  Dx9... maybe wineskin isn't the best solution of wrapper to this game?

#68 Evilphantomx

Evilphantomx

    Novice Member

  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia Quadro FX 580
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:57 PM

At this point i'm leaving it to someone else and just playing it on Parallels. I might also try installing windows on a separate drive since I use hackintosh.

#69 dubedube11

dubedube11

    Novice Member

  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:24 PM

People, I almost have it, i am at the point when it opens, shows the title screen, then crashes, if I can get help from a more experienced porter, then I might be able to get this working.

#70 sototallyjarrett

sototallyjarrett

    Lurker

  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:37 PM

Yay, I feel cool now! Posted Image

#71 iiCALLmeNOOBY

iiCALLmeNOOBY

    Lurker

  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:48 PM

View Postsototallyjarrett, on 15 July 2013 - 07:37 PM, said:

Yay, I feel cool now! Posted Image

Full game? Or just a screenshot before it crashes?

You should give the port out if it works though.

#72 sototallyjarrett

sototallyjarrett

    Lurker

  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:51 PM

View PostiiCALLmeNOOBY, on 15 July 2013 - 07:48 PM, said:

Full game? Or just a screenshot before it crashes?

You should give the port out if it works though.
Currently it is just the title screen, then it crashes, working on fixing it though :D

#73 JoRein

JoRein

    Experienced Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Graphics Card:nVidia GT
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:31 PM

Well, it's more, than most were able to do. Have any tips, how to get that far, or even want to share the Wrapper at current state?

#74 sototallyjarrett

sototallyjarrett

    Lurker

  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:19 PM

View PostJoRein, on 15 July 2013 - 08:31 PM, said:

Well, it's more, than most were able to do. Have any tips, how to get that far, or even want to share the Wrapper at current state?
Im honestly not even sure, I just tinkered with a lot of the game's base/data files and tested it out and it worked to my surprise.  I will update you when I have figured more out!

#75 lieudusty

lieudusty

    Novice Member

  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Graphics Card:Radeon HD 7770
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:Cube World

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:23 AM

Is there a way to solve the fixme:d3d:resource_check_usage Unhandled usage flags 0x8?

#76 Reboot

Reboot

    I am Darkstar

  • Database Moderators
  • 2381 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia EVGA GTX 980 SC 4GB
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
Author

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:54 AM

View Postlieudusty, on 16 July 2013 - 01:23 AM, said:

Is there a way to solve the fixme:d3d:resource_check_usage Unhandled usage flags 0x8?

This.

View PostEvilphantomx, on 14 July 2013 - 02:00 AM, said:

I tried a new wrapper and only installed DirectX 9. I no longer get the unhandled error but i do get this:
err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {5a508685-a254-4fba-9b82-9a24b00306af} not registered
and
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {5a508685-a254-4fba-9b82-9a24b00306af} could be created for context 0x1
Also my log is much shorter. Hope this gets us a little further!
and this. http://portingteam.c...ate/#entry97449

Posted Image


~ ~ ~ Hackintosh Spec ~ ~ ~

Intel Core i5-3570K 4.20GHz -- Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB DDR3 1600MHz -- Nvidia EVGA GTX 980 4GB VRAM GDDR5 SC


#77 jafuuu

jafuuu

    Experienced Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
  • I like to play:On My Mac: DotA2, CS:GO, USF4, Minecraft & Tree Of Savior

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:39 AM

View Postsototallyjarrett, on 15 July 2013 - 07:37 PM, said:

Yay, I feel cool now! Posted Image

Great!, Good luck man, keep going, I bet you can do it. :)

#78 lieudusty

lieudusty

    Novice Member

  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Graphics Card:Radeon HD 7770
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:Cube World

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:58 AM

View PostREBOOT, on 16 July 2013 - 01:54 AM, said:


Thats very odd, I can't find Direct 3D key inside regedit :/

EDIT:
Ok well I fixed that by running "winetricks videomemorysize=1024". Now I'm getting err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from multi-threaded to apartment threaded.

#79 zedgamer

zedgamer

    Lurker

  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Graphics Card:ATI Radeon HD 6630M
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:08 PM

View Postsototallyjarrett, on 15 July 2013 - 07:37 PM, said:

Yay, I feel cool now! Posted Image
How did you do it? Have you made it a full port yet?

#80 jrk4500

jrk4500

    Lurker

  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9400 256 MB
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:20 PM

View Postsototallyjarrett, on 15 July 2013 - 07:37 PM, said:

Yay, I feel cool now! Posted Image
You got this far, I know you can do the rest! :)

#81 xclusive_gunner

xclusive_gunner

    Lurker

  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Graphics Card:ATI Radeon HD 4850
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:04 PM

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

So, basically this video sums up what to do with crossover or winebotlr in the beginning :D. Hope this helps, just copy and paste the link to your browser.
Also, let me know if this helped and any progress is made!!!!!

Keep in mind crossover is a program you can use only if you pay money. But this video also shows how to use winebotlr which is free so yea!!!

#82 jafuuu

jafuuu

    Experienced Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
  • I like to play:On My Mac: DotA2, CS:GO, USF4, Minecraft & Tree Of Savior

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:52 PM

View Postxclusive_gunner, on 16 July 2013 - 10:04 PM, said:

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

So, basically this video sums up what to do with crossover or winebotlr in the beginning :D. Hope this helps, just copy and paste the link to your browser.
Also, let me know if this helped and any progress is made!!!!!

Keep in mind crossover is a program you can use only if you pay money. But this video also shows how to use winebotlr which is free so yea!!!

Yo, this is not working for everybody, please stop posting it.

Also this is not about how to run Windows on VMWare Fusion, we all know we can do that, we're trying to do and standalone wrapper.. as you see on previous post people are doing some progress on that.

#83 xclusive_gunner

xclusive_gunner

    Lurker

  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Graphics Card:ATI Radeon HD 4850
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:58 PM

View Postjafuuu, on 16 July 2013 - 10:52 PM, said:

Yo, this is not working for everybody, please stop posting it.

Also this is not about how to run Windows on VMWare Fusion, we all know we can do that, we're trying to do and standalone wrapper.. as you see on previous post people are doing some progress on that.

i only posted it once, so you dont have to tell me to stop posting it. And i was just trying to help so please quit being rude no life!!

#84 Bigluc

Bigluc

    Novice Member

  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Graphics Card:Integrated Mac
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:53 AM

View Postxclusive_gunner, on 16 July 2013 - 11:58 PM, said:

i only posted it once, so you dont have to tell me to stop posting it. And i was just trying to help so please quit being rude no life!!

To be fair, you have posted this on several threads across several forums, and the video is very misleading. Most people do not have a powerful enough computer to run a game (well) in VMWare. Also you say that Cube World is working on Mac with crossover, but in reality only the demo is. Please at least make it clear you haven't gotten the full game working.

#85 pgmiziara21

pgmiziara21

    Lurker

  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Graphics Card:ATI Radeon HD 4670
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:30 PM

There is a game called Voxatron, that uses the same engine of Cube World... There is a official port for Mac, so why don't look on the files to see if there is any tip on Cube World port? I can't do it because i don't know how to port..

#86 xclusive_gunner

xclusive_gunner

    Lurker

  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Graphics Card:ATI Radeon HD 4850
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:35 PM

View PostBigluc, on 17 July 2013 - 04:53 AM, said:

To be fair, you have posted this on several threads across several forums, and the video is very misleading. Most people do not have a powerful enough computer to run a game (well) in VMWare. Also you say that Cube World is working on Mac with crossover, but in reality only the demo is. Please at least make it clear you haven't gotten the full game working.

IHAVE NOT POSTED IT ON OTHER FORUMS, THIS IS THE ONLY ONE.  i did however find it from a different forum. Also this isnt how to get the full game but a lot of people dont know what do do even in the beginning and it just shows how to get a couple steps closer to cracking the code!

#87 Bigluc

Bigluc

    Novice Member

  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Graphics Card:Integrated Mac
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:42 AM

View Postxclusive_gunner, on 17 July 2013 - 06:35 PM, said:

IHAVE NOT POSTED IT ON OTHER FORUMS, THIS IS THE ONLY ONE.  i did however find it from a different forum. Also this isnt how to get the full game but a lot of people dont know what do do even in the beginning and it just shows how to get a couple steps closer to cracking the code!

First calm the damn down, and second, yes that is nice and all, but it would've been appreciated if you said that in your original comment. That is all.

#88 HyperTsunaz

HyperTsunaz

    Professional Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Graphics Card:Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
  • I like to play:FPS, adventure, action and strategy games.
    I'm on Steam, Origin and UPlay.

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:57 AM

View Postxclusive_gunner, on 17 July 2013 - 06:35 PM, said:

IHAVE NOT POSTED IT ON OTHER FORUMS, THIS IS THE ONLY ONE.  i did however find it from a different forum. Also this isnt how to get the full game but a lot of people dont know what do do even in the beginning and it just shows how to get a couple steps closer to cracking the code!

Thanks for trying to help. However i feel that information is useless. Wine bottler is firstly outdated.

#89 Patchumz

Patchumz

    Lurker

  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:38 AM

View PostHyperTsunaz, on 18 July 2013 - 12:57 AM, said:

Thanks for trying to help. However i feel that information is useless. Wine bottler is firstly outdated.
Well, Winebottler got an update last month or so, after a year or more of not being touched.

#90 ennuipreneur

ennuipreneur

    Lurker

  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:45 PM

View Postsototallyjarrett, on 15 July 2013 - 07:51 PM, said:

Currently it is just the title screen, then it crashes, working on fixing it though :D

Hey everyone - I've been following this thread for a bit.  This comment stood out to me since it's the closest anyone's got, looks like.

The crash immediately after the title screen seems consistent with what the full version will do anyways.  Jarrett - did you try disabling your Network Connection? I'm not sure what the analog would be on a Mac, but on the PC, you need to disable your network connection within the Control Panel, otherwise CubeWorld crashes at the title screen.  Some sort of anti-piracy method within the .exe.

It looks like your wireless is enabled, so maybe try quickly disabling that?  It seems obvious to me, so apologies if you've already tried this, or if the issue is more complicated than that.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users