3 replies to this topic

#1 strategicsam

strategicsam

Lurker

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:Games

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:16 PM

Ok here is the problem, this is my first time using both the application and this website. I open up wineskin winery install wineskin engines 1.6X and 1.5.15 then i update wrapper version to 2.5.9 and click "Create New Blank Wrapper" and call it YuGiOH because that is the game i'm trying to get and then click "Ok" after clicking "Ok" it says wineskin is busy please wait, blah blah blah then it says The Wine configuration in /tmp/YuGiOH.app/Contents/Resources is being updated, please wait... and after all of that it shuts down and i go and look for the "Wrapper" called "YuGiOH" under application support then scroll down to the bottom and open "Wineskin" then i open the wrapper folder which it only says Wineskin-2.5.9 which is the one i updated and no "YuGiOH" wrapper. I have a screen shot to prove that what i said above is true but i don't know how to paste it on here.

My Mac OS X Version:
Mac OS X 10.8.4

My Mac Model, GPU & CPU:
imac, AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512MB, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5 12 GB 1333 Mhz DDR3

Error Log(s):

#2 Headrush69

Headrush69

Rookie Porter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Graphics Card:ATI Radeon HD 6970M

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:50 PM

Wrappers you create are usually in ~/Applications/Wineskin

If your wrapper isn't in there, you could have a permission issues with /tmp that I believe there are threads that discuss that problem. (sorry don't have link)

Edit: Threads that might help: http://wineskin.urge...s_parentId=3891 , http://wineskin.urge...s_parentId=3852
System Specs: 27" iMac 12,2 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 1TB HD

Ported Games: Rollercoaster Tycoon 1, Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 (both with all expansion packs including UCES),
Sim Tower, Yoot Tower, Need for Speed - High Stakes, Need for Speed - Hot Pursuit 2, RCT3
Aliens Vs. Predator, Armed and Dangerous, Re-Volt, Sid Meier's Railroads, Steam:Rush

#3 strategicsam

strategicsam

Lurker

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
  • I like to play:Games

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:51 PM

Ok you might be right, because i am new to a mac. Would this make a difference? if i put Wineskin Winery in the application folder i usually don't because i am not administrator and i thought it was only a shortcut, correct me if i'm wrong but would that have something to do with the permission issues? Thank you btw for taking your time to read this and helping me fix this issue. :)

#4 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here
  • Graphics Card:Geforce GT 650M, Intel HD 4000, Radeon 6750, Intel HD 3000, Geforce 320m (in 3 machines)
  • I like to play:RPG and Strategy

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:30 PM

in UNIX terms ~ means home folder.

Because people run this without admin, it creates wrappers in ~/Applications/Wineskin.  That means look for an Applications folder in your home folder, NOT the main Applications folder.

You shouldn't need to go in Application Support most of the time... the wrapper you found in there is the Master wrapper Winery downloaded... do not use that, it won't work... and do not try to run it or it'll break... (if you broke it, just trash it and download 2.5.9 again in Winery)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users