2 replies to this topic

#1 thanoulas

thanoulas

Champion Member

• Database Moderators
  • 568 posts
  • LocationLondon
  • Graphics Card:nVidia GT750M 2GB
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:43 AM

Hey doh,
as you (might) know I'm currently developing Barrel, so I was looking at your code at fetching and parsing the latest winetricks items. I did find it really slow doing a winetricks list and waiting for wine to fire up to get the items, so I started writing a parser to get the items from the script itself. It's working fine and takes < 1 second to fetch and parse everything, so, since I've taken so many ideas from wineskin, I though I should give something back :)

Here it is. It currently gets the items in a .plist file, just the verb and the category, but you can easily parse the title and everything else as well by expanding the method. You can freely use it in Wineskin if you want, all my Barrel code is MIT licensed.

Here's the code:
https://gist.github....8b2c3fb8a3265c3

Cheers

Edit: I've updated the Gist to also parse the title

Posted Image
If I helped in any way, you can always click the Like button! | All my Ports | Download Barrel: The Wine Port Manager for Mac OS X

#2 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here
  • Graphics Card:Geforce GT 650M, Intel HD 4000, Radeon 6750, Intel HD 3000, Geforce 320m (in 3 machines)
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:RPG and Strategy

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:23 PM

Hey, thanks!  Thats been on my TODO list for a while, going to save me some time.  I have class starting in a few weeks (working a Master's) and need to try to get Wineskin fully updated and out about a week before then... make sure its all stable, before I lose a buncha time.  Anything anyone wants to do to save me some time sounds good to me :-)

I saw the posts about Barrel, but I haven't looked much into what it actually is... I was kind of guessing by reading over it, its kind of like Crossover in a way, but more options instead of being stuck with what Codeweavers gives you.

#3 Psychomaniac

Psychomaniac

Advanced Porter

• Donators
  • 48 posts
  • LocationSomewhere, Over The Rainbow
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:43 PM

Just wanted to say DOH, long time no hear.
What happened to the site?
Looks like i've slept for a hundred years, hahaha.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users