#1 wdarkk

wdarkk

Lurker

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Graphics Card:ATI Radeon HD 7950
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:06 AM

So I've had an issue with STO in wineskin for a while (starting with Wineskin 2.5.8 and WS9WineCX11.2.0NoXinput2) - it would crash randomly on loading new maps, and sometimes the textures would load at drastically reduced quality. It wasn't really that bad, so I just ignored it.

Until Mavericks hit. Now I have what I can only surmise is some sort of "memory corruption" issue.

In the game, vertices and textures go completely nuts from time to time:

Posted Image

While the game is playing, other graphics in other applications (or the system UI) may become corrupted:

Posted Image

This behavior occurs with both the "Use Mac Driver instead of X11" toggled off and on.
Wrapper Version: Wineskin 2.5.12
Engine: WS9Wine1.7.4

#2 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here
  • Graphics Card:Geforce GT 650M, Intel HD 4000, Radeon 6750, Intel HD 3000, Geforce 320m (in 3 machines)
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:RPG and Strategy

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:36 AM

I'd not worry about it...

They are releasing an official Mac release of STO next week (Nov 12th).

#3 Ian Pickert

Ian Pickert

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia Geforce GT 750 M
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified
  • I like to play:RPG and Horror Games

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:27 PM

Yeah the beta is out now. Transgaming is doing the port, and it works well for me so far. You can get the beta here
   "Is that what he was? Or was he always true to himself, no matter what personality he wore? And there is something that the Council may never understand. That perhaps Revan never fell. The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel that Revan understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if Revan had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the dark lord out of necessity, to prevent a greater evil."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users