• Create Account

cant figure how to apply crack... where is wineskin installed game directory ??

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 millejh1

millejh1

Lurker

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Graphics Card:x1600
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:10 AM

Hi just installed Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion (Reloaded version) and I have a general query. I understand wine emulates some sort of windows file runtime (not sure if right wording) but where does it actually create the game directory ? I have read the "What to do with a wineskin wrapper" help page but it doesn't actually tell you where the install directory is so i can apply the crack ....... help me please. have boot camp but having mad issues fixing the drivers plus my optical drive is completely buggered so no chance of reinstalling the win7 partition and I want to play this game with sound >_>

By the way I have had it running on my win7 partition (bootcamp) and it runs 60+FPS on medium-high settings 1440x900 0xAA, in case anyone tries to tell me my hardware isn't competent...

thanks in advance for any assistance.

My Mac OS X Version:

My Mac Model, GPU & CPU:
Late '06 MPB (model ID 1,1) with Core Duo 2.0GHZ and x1600 256mb

#2 millejh1

millejh1

Lurker

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:23 AM

OKAY I FIGURED IT OUT FINALLY THANKS TO NOBODY ON THIS FORUM . THIS IS SOMETHING YOU SHOULD HAVE POSTED ALL OVER THE PLACE FOR PEOPLE WHO AREN'T FAMILIAR WITH EXE EMULATION ON MAC. /facepalm

the game directory is installed into the wrapper you downloaded for whichever game. makes sense now that i think about it since it's call a "wrapper" and should technically "wrap" itself around the game and act as a sort of adaptor exe---> app . .  how you people expect newbies to come up with that logic is beyond me

WHY DID I NOT SEE THIS ANYWHERE ......... spent hours looking through my win7 partition and all my mac partition looking for a freaking directory that wasnt there...

could a site administrator please add this to the http://portingteam.c...-downloaded-it/ to avoid wasting other peoples' time and bandwidth

#3 DanIsTheMan

DanIsTheMan

Champion Member

• Members
  • 524 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel IRIS Graphics
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:30 PM

millejh1, on 12 November 2013 - 11:23 AM, said:

OKAY I FIGURED IT OUT FINALLY THANKS TO NOBODY ON THIS FORUM . THIS IS SOMETHING YOU SHOULD HAVE POSTED ALL OVER THE PLACE FOR PEOPLE WHO AREN'T FAMILIAR WITH EXE EMULATION ON MAC. /facepalm

First of all, you have found your own solution 13 minutes after initially asking for help, if you where upset about no one contributing to this thread (after an hour in my case), it just makes you just seem rather impatient.

My guess is, the reason the tutorial doesn't state an install directory is simply because the directory for each game is usually slightly different. Most games have different sub-folders, install locations etc.

Applying a NoCD crack to PC game files on Windows is literally the same process as doing it through a wrapper. When you install the game into the wrapper, it tells you the install directory where the game files will be installed inside the wrapper - usually in drive_c/Program Files/, just as it would be on PC.

If you where upset about how the definition of 'Wrapper' wasn't shown well enough on this site, perhaps you could have looked a little better. On this page, in the 'Wrapping it up!' section, the definition/explanation of wrappers are clearly explained in detail. Also, if you had a look at one of the many other tutorials available on this website, such as this one, you can see the clear instructions on not only how to install a game into a wrapper, but how to find the game directory AND how to apply a NoCD crack properly. If you have a look on the wrapper page, you might actually find specific instructions on how to apply the NoCD crack for that game into the wrapper itself. If you click here, you can see i've provided instructions in the 'Non Steam Users' installation section on how to properly apply the NoCD crack for the game, ensuring it will work.

My point is: you could've searched the forums a bit better. And remember, Wine Is Not An Emulator.

Posted Image

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

#4 millejh1

millejh1

Lurker

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:37 AM

Apologies, DanIsTheMan. You are clearly the man at porting, and I bow down to your large amount of experience in this field. Please take all my epoints.

/sarc

#5 chrisangel

chrisangel

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDA
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:34 PM

millejh1, on 18 November 2013 - 08:37 AM, said:

Apologies, DanIsTheMan. You are clearly the man at porting, and I bow down to your large amount of experience in this field. Please take all my epoints.

/sarc

Stop being such a whiner.

#6 Ωmega

Ωmega

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationSecret Lair
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce GT 860M
  • Operating System:Windows
  • I like to play:all sorts of games. I'm really open to anything!

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:35 PM

Hey, you don't have to be rude, and yelling at people isn't going to get you a good start here.

1. Be patient.

2. BE. PATIENT. We aren't your lapdogs and aren't going to reply the second you command us.

3. Stop crying like a little butthurt baby.

4. Quit being a d***.
Posted Image

"I am the messiah."

If I helped you in any way please like my post! ;)

#7 DanIsTheMan

DanIsTheMan

Champion Member

• Members
  • 524 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel IRIS Graphics
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:13 PM

Î©mega, on 02 December 2013 - 12:35 PM, said:

Hey, you don't have to be rude, and yelling at people isn't going to get you a good start here.

1. Be patient.

2. BE. PATIENT. We aren't your lapdogs and aren't going to reply the second you command us.

3. Stop crying like a little butthurt baby.

4. Quit being a d***.

On a streak of reviving old threads, are we? haha

Posted Image

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

#8 Ωmega

Ωmega

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationSecret Lair

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:08 AM

DanIsTheMan, on 02 December 2013 - 06:13 PM, said:

On a streak of reviving old threads, are we? haha

I came across this and was actually pretty furious at this guy's incompetence, that I forgot this thread is a million years old, lol.
Posted Image

"I am the messiah."

#9 dankoB

dankoB

Legendary Member

• Super Moderators
  • 3011 posts
  • LocationNew Brunswick, Canada
  • Graphics Card:MacBook Pro 11,3
    Core i7 16GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
    2GB GDDR5 vRAM
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
  • I like to play:la rockitar
Author

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:38 PM

a million years? It's not even a month old! hahahaa....but yeah...the second post is kind of rude.

#10 Ωmega

Ωmega

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationSecret Lair

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:58 AM

DankoB, on 07 December 2013 - 04:38 PM, said:

a million years? It's not even a month old! hahahaa....but yeah...the second post is kind of rude.

"Kind of" isn't enough to say. XD
Posted Image

"I am the messiah."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users