9 replies to this topic

#1 Gdaemon31

Gdaemon31

Rookie Porter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Locationkicking butt with swords in a fantasy world
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB (My new iMac)

OS X 10.10.5 (Yosemite)
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
  • I like to play:RPGs/Action RPGs, Action games and sometimes FPSs

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:02 PM

When I download a wrapper, for some reason they are damaged and I get an error either when launching the wrapper or when launching the wineskin app. The error is: "wrapper name" is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash, from there I can cancel or click on Move to Trash.

#2 DanIsTheMan

DanIsTheMan

Champion Member

• Members
  • 524 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel IRIS Graphics
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:45 PM

Are you attempting to launch the wrappers from disk images such as .DMG? If not, what decompression tool are you using? I compress my wrappers with a specific app called 7ZX, for the likes of my ports it is best to use the same app to decompress the wrappers.

I've not had this issue with OSX 10.9, the issue isnt related to your safeguard settings in system preferences, is it?

Posted Image

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

#3 Gdaemon31

Gdaemon31

Rookie Porter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

OS X 10.10.5 (Yosemite)

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:23 PM

I am launching them from my Desktop, and the decompression tool I was using was The Unarchiver.

#4 Gdaemon31

Gdaemon31

Rookie Porter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

OS X 10.10.5 (Yosemite)

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:26 PM

One the wrapper that are having the error is you wrapper for Darksouls, I used 7zx to decompress your .7zx archive but the error still occoured.

#5 DanIsTheMan

DanIsTheMan

Champion Member

• Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:37 PM

perhaps the error is linked to your operating system? have you tried a fresh install of Mavericks? I know a lot of people encounter weird issues when upgrading operating systems.

Posted Image

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

#6 ovvldc

ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1250 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris Plus
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified
  • I like to play:stories

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:46 PM

DanIsTheMan, can you get the download to unpack safely on your system? Suggesting to reinstall an OS is a pretty labour-intensive one, and it would be nice to exclude the possibility that the wrapper is really broken...

#7 DanIsTheMan

DanIsTheMan

Champion Member

• Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:16 PM

View Postovvldc, on 16 December 2013 - 07:46 PM, said:

DanIsTheMan, can you get the download to unpack safely on your system? Suggesting to reinstall an OS is a pretty labour-intensive one, and it would be nice to exclude the possibility that the wrapper is really broken...
Just downloaded the wrapper and decompressed with the unarchiver instead of 7xz and didn't encounter any error when launching the wrapper (no game installed though, linked directly to wineskin). I guess a better alternative to a fresh install would be for myself to just upload an updated wrapper, which i can either tomorrow or sometime later this week.

The reason i suggested a fresh install was because the original poster seemed to be suggesting that this issue was happening on multiple wrappers

Posted Image

#8 Gdaemon31

Gdaemon31

Rookie Porter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

OS X 10.10.5 (Yosemite)

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:33 PM

Hmm, I see...

#9 ovvldc

ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1250 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris Plus
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified
  • I like to play:stories

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:57 PM

View PostDanIsTheMan, on 16 December 2013 - 09:16 PM, said:

The reason i suggested a fresh install was because the original poster seemed to be suggesting that this issue was happening on multiple wrappers

Very good point, I missed that :rolleyes: .

I hope today's 10.9.1 update makes our surf beach less finicky (one used to take it for granted when we were still running cats).

#10 waves

waves

Tired, and starting to outlive my usefullness.

• Super Moderators
  • 1600 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDA
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Author

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:21 AM

Thoughts:

Disable gatekeeper - and use 7-zip - such as the one here: http://portingteam.c...ile/5804-7-zip/

Theunarchiever - is just terrible (in my opinion).

What wrapper are you trying to use?
Posted Image

How to get multiple file port games / apps runnning: http://portingteam.c...-combine-files/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users