WS9 CX13.0.1 Engine
Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:39 PM
It seemed the issue was due to a change in the CX structure of a couple of the dlls/winemac.drv files as well as an issue with a programs/winedbg file. After applying this quick patch that drakulix wrote, the build completed and the testing began. A few different games were tested in all but one instance the mac driver worked perfectly.
here's the patch he wrote:
Here's the link to the working WS9WineCX13.0.1drak Wineskin engine
Place the downloaded file directly in User/Library/Application Support/Wineskin/Engines
10.8 (and 10.7?) users will have to open Terminal and put this command in to unhide the Library folder
chflags nohidden ~/library/
Enjoy y'all and please leave testing results in the comments below!
Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:36 PM
The engine should behave like a crossover 13.0.1 install, no dirty hacks, just build from source.
@doh123 feel free to add it as cx 13.0.1 to the official engines, if you want to.
Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:33 AM
Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:33 PM
Nice . I hope we get the 'kill all Wineskin processes' back too .
Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:04 PM
Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:24 PM
Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:55 AM
Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:23 PM
Yes, I know, doh123 said that months ago. I just mentioned the issue again as a reminder .
Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:12 PM
Would you mind to attach your build log? I bet the crossover guys just added some minimum-10.6-code to the macdrv. I might be able to patch that out, if you can provide me some more details.
Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:06 AM
thanks for that build. I also tried to compile the newest source of Crossover 13.1. It was successful, but the programs won't start. Did you change anything else?
Here is my build-script, I used with Mac OS 10.9:
#!/bin/bash WINESOURCE="/Users/antion/Downloads/sources/wine" BUILDFOLDER="/tmp/MyWine/wswine.bundle" ENGINENAME="Wine-Crossover" export DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH="/Users/antion/Library/Application Support/Wineskin/EngineBase/W2.5.5v1EngineBase/lib" #make wswine.bundle mkdir -p "$BUILDFOLDER" echo "$ENGINENAME" > "$BUILDFOLDER/version" cd "$WINESOURCE" ./configure --prefix="$BUILDFOLDER" --disable-option-checking --without-oss --without-cms --disable-tests --without-v4l --without-alsa --without-audioio --without-capi --with-coreaudio --without-esd --without-hal --without-jack --without-gphoto --without-gstreamer --without-dbus --without-x --disable-win16 --without-freetype make && make install
I found out, that I have to rename wineloader to wine in the bin directory. But it doesn't work yet I'm getting a "segmentation fault 11". Someone have any idea?
Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:58 PM
Sorry I missed this doc, I think we took care of it over pm though...I can't remember if I edited the main post or not so I just posted the dropbox link for it instead...I guess I should have done that from the get go.
@antion, Did you patch the source before building it? And did you get the patch from the malformed one I posted oh so long ago? If so try the link that is up there now. I'll give it a shot now and see how it works.
Also, you could compare these arguments with the ones you posted above, there are the ones that doh123 has set for custom builds through Wineskin Winery
edit**So I just tried to patch it and it was a no go, the message replied that it had already been applied...I'm wondering if the devs at Crossover saw this post and applied drakulixs patch into their source because I just compiled the engine without them. It works great with Tombraider, it starts up and loads into the game with better performance than the previous engine I was using, I just hope the mouse patch I used is applicable to CX13.1...I think that should resolve the issues most people were having with it.
edit***here's the regular CX13.1.0 from source, not patched - http://cl.ly/413D0a3o3m2R
here's the raw input CX13.1.0 patched, from source - http://cl.ly/0U2q3Q1O2h2n
Again, draks winemac.drv patch was not necessary on either of the above engines.
edit****Patched CXWine successfully with both kernel32 sync and raw input...it building now. I'll update the port entry when it's done
Posted 22 February 2014 - 04:49 PM
I still don't have success under 10.9
EDIT: Thanks for the builds!!! That's insane!! This Crossover-Engines are working absolutely great! A lot of problems - especially in games are totally gone!
Posted 22 February 2014 - 06:07 PM
Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:02 PM
Posted 22 February 2014 - 10:16 PM
Once in awhile I have to go into my main drive - DankHD/opt and delete the local alias and rename localBETemp back to local.
The terminal command is suppose to return the folder to it's original state after Winery is done but I think I messed it up somehow....still works if I edit the folder though.
Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:51 PM
Hi, since you have a Mac with Intel graphic, it would be great if you could find a way to make Fallout 3 run. It seems to me the Wine engine doesn't allow the game to read this modified d3d9.dll that should make the game think it's dealing with an ATI card: http://portingteam.c...5#commentsStart
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users