#1 ThetaSigma

ThetaSigma

Rookie Porter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationGalifrey
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia Geforce 330M GT.
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:46 AM

I am a fan of Dolphin, and I enjoy testing out the latest builds. However, occasionally the official website is behind on the latest build(s) of Dolphin for Mac. Eventually I decided that manually putting in the commands to grab and build the latest (beta) changes to Dolphin was boring. So, as a solution I made a simple program to do it for me! The program is quite simply named Grab & Build - Dolphin.
I figured that someone else might find this useful, so here it is!
I'm just going to rehash the official guide for compiling Dolphin.

Requirements: (I've only tested this on 10.9/Mavericks)
1: Command Line Tools for Xcode. It's free, download the one corresponding to your version of OS X. Xcode itself is not required. If you can't get it from Apple, find another way.
2: CMake. Download and install it.
Please note: if you're having trouble downloading or installing these dependancies, look at official guides on them. (Read as: Not my problem.)

Onwards!
I'm going to assume that you've never touched on building Dolphin, which means you still need to download the sourcefile(s). In the zip I've provided there are two programs, one is for starting fresh by downloading and building for the first time. (This takes a while.)
The other is for updating Dolphin. This grabs the latest changes and incorporates them into Dolphin. Sometimes fast, sometimes it takes a long time - it all depends on how much has changed in the update.

Start by opening First Grab & Build and wait for it to finish. This will take some time. Dolphin's sourcefile(s) and a compiled version should now be in your home folder.
After you've run that, you should be able to run Grab & Build - Dolphin from now on.
DO NOT DELETE DOLPHIN-EMU FOLDER FROM YOUR HOME FOLDER! If you do, then you will have to rerun First Grab & Build.

And finally, here's the download: Mediafire

Apps created using Apple's default automation kit - Automator.

-Doctor Who-

Cyber-Men: So, we are at war.
Dalek: This isn't war, this is pest control.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users