70 replies to this topic

#61 Slice

Slice

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon HD6670, GTX650
  • Operating System:OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)
  • I like to play:Heroes III
    4x4 Evolution
    made Heroes VI working!

Posted 15 June 2015 - 08:46 AM

View PostJosander, on 13 June 2015 - 09:19 PM, said:

sidenote. Nehrim reads its preferences from : Home/Documents/My Games/Oblivion/Oblivion.ini
this means, Nehrim uses the same directory as Oblivion if you have that game installed. Therefore, before you start using Nehrim, backup your original Oblivion directory in Home/Documents/My Games/Oblivion/ and and delete then, that Oblivion directory

…and start Nehrim using Oblivion.exe directly, instead to launch its handler.
Nehrim will create a new directory with fresh settings, the ini files of both games are very different.
Slice, have you read carefully post 57?
These are only some simple tips, although they could help, let me know.
Yes, I read. I clicked several times on different tabs then click "Accept" and sit at empty screen. Something absent here.
I have no previous Obvilion and have no old preferences. May be you send me some ini file for me to be able to start?

#62 Josander

Josander

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon HD 7970 3072 MB
  • I like to play:Bethesda games

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:27 AM

@Danko
ive no doubt that your wrapper works, its so pity that i cant play my preferred game again, and that this porting request goes further infinitely. After the play trought of Nehrim, ive no more interest to touch Oblivion again, but obviously, exaclty that game works.
Hm…what should i say? after trying for days to change settings, adding other libs and files, refreshing game preferences, using different launchers, ect. i dont know anymore what i should do to accomplish a working game.
Now, i tried also Slice's wrapper, following his instructions carefully but Nehrim still doesnt work. Damn, i hate to give this negative messages

@Slice
dont know if my prefs work for your Machine likewise. Hope it helps. Create a folder: Home/Documents/My Games/Oblivion/
Put in this folder 2 ini files:

1) Oblivion.ini
Spoiler

2) BlendSettings.ini
Spoiler

#63 dankoB

dankoB

Legendary Member

• Super Moderators
  • 3011 posts
  • LocationNew Brunswick, Canada
  • Graphics Card:MacBook Pro 11,3
    Core i7 16GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
    2GB GDDR5 vRAM
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
  • I like to play:la rockitar
Author

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:47 PM

What .exe are you using to launch the game?

#64 Josander

Josander

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:13 PM

View PostDankoB, on 16 June 2015 - 04:47 PM, said:

What .exe are you using to launch the game?

that could be a reason too…i tried with several copies from Gcopyworld. Oblivion.ext updated to its latest version, naturally. (1204 if i remember correctly). But another working exe could be helpful
My actual iMac isnt really good at running games, my MacPro was much better, theres no comparison.
In the meantime id be happy to restore a working copy for my MacPro, which is yet in repair.

#65 dankoB

dankoB

Legendary Member

• Super Moderators
  • 3011 posts
  • LocationNew Brunswick, Canada
  • Graphics Card:MacBook Pro 11,3
    Core i7 16GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
    2GB GDDR5 vRAM
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
  • I like to play:la rockitar
Author

Posted 18 June 2015 - 04:14 AM

I think I just realized your problem...I'm pretty sure this game requires the OBSE (Oblivion Script Extender) to correctly run the game. I think it might actually be included in the install but I may be mistaken.

#66 Josander

Josander

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 09:35 PM

@ Danko
i build another time Nehrim, updated with  -NehrimUpdate_1.5.0.5_DE.exe- from an Oblivion 1.2.0.416 version, its latest patch.
I used your latest Nehrim wrapper, from 28 May 2015

I saw you set the default path for Obse. Unfortunately when i run Obse (obse_0021), i get:
"you have an unknown version of Oblivion" (…) the rest is info for silverlock.org

When i use Oblivion.exe, the game starts, but crashes always at the loading screen.

strange things:
when i remove the plugins.txt file, the game loads (with some missing icons) the intro and the music plays, till the main screen, where i can see my save games, but when i try to load one, a dialog comes up: "none of the master files in this save game are loaded. Returning back to game." in the left-lower corner of the main screen i read: 1.2.0.416, therefore Nehrim accepted my Oblivion copy. Switching back to the Finder (cmd+tab) crashes that main screen.

In the past i moved also some additional items from my Oblivion directory in the Nehrim directory:
-DXREDIST (directory with 146 files)
-atimgpud.dll
-binkw32.dll
-Oblivion.exe

that worked in the past. Please confirm if your wrapper needs other files or doesn't need those files at all (but i doubt it)
Later i tried also with Slice's wrapper, but i got nearly the same results. (Crash at loading screen) nearly, because the crash reports were different. (attachm)

Don't know if it changes something, but if somebody would be so nice to upload the files inside the Nehrim directory, except the files inside Data and DXREDIST. Another option could be to provide a full copy of the Game itself. Its a free game after all.

In that case i doubt that the game uses german, because Sureai offers several update-packages for its game. However, thats really a minor problem.

Some bug report of your wrapper:
Spoiler

@ Slice
What version is your Oblivion.exe? you need v. 1.2.0.416
furthermore, you have to put
-DXREDIST
-atimgpud.dll
-binkw32.dll
-Oblivion.exe

in your Program files/Nehrim/

some bug report:
Spoiler

#67 Josander

Josander

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 07:49 PM

@ Danko

Slice suggested that my iMac doesn't know the card Nvidia Geforce 9400 with deviceID=0x0867
http://portingteam.c..._30#entry103649

The game seems to work "normally" but not when i try to load the masterfiles itself, the game breaks.

@ Slice

hey dude, your copy works now?

#68 Slice

Slice

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
    4x4 Evolution
    made Heroes VI working!

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:01 PM

View PostJosander, on 18 June 2015 - 09:35 PM, said:

@ Slice
What version is your Oblivion.exe? you need v. 1.2.0.416
furthermore, you have to put
-DXREDIST
-atimgpud.dll
-binkw32.dll
-Oblivion.exe

in your Program files/Nehrim/

Sorry, but I didn't understand where can I get these files. My Nehrim folder doesn't contain them.

#69 Josander

Josander

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:21 PM

@ Slice

Sorry, but I didn't understand where can I get these files. My Nehrim folder doesn't contain them.
these files arent inside Nehrim, but inside Program files/Oblivion/
in case youve trashed Oblivion, here a backup of those files:

https://www.dropbox....rchive.zip?dl=0

i left out the DXREDIST directory (120 MB) because im not sure if you need that directory too. Try first with the files in the zip file.

#70 Slice

Slice

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
    4x4 Evolution
    made Heroes VI working!

Posted 27 June 2015 - 03:58 AM

Yes, now it works up to first menu.
Posted Image

There is a problem with mouse pointer. It drawn as white square. Somehow it should be switched to Hardware cursor.
Keyboard is wrong. Menu navigation shown keys are not that I pressed. Something in Settings?
And New game is not started. Just return back to the menu.
Wine log is a follow
err:quartz:ACMWrapper_Receive Error sending sample (80040227)
fixme:qtsplitter:QT_QueryInterface No interface for {37d84f60-42cb-11ce-8135-00aa004bb851}!
fixme:qtdatahandler:myComponentRoutineProc unhandled select 0x3e
fixme:qtdatahandler:myComponentRoutineProc unhandled select 0x21
fixme:qtdatahandler:myComponentRoutineProc unhandled select 0x111
fixme:qtdatahandler:myComponentRoutineProc unhandled select 0x27
fixme:qtdatahandler:myComponentRoutineProc unhandled select 0x4c
fixme:qtdatahandler:myComponentRoutineProc unhandled select 0x42
fixme:qtdatahandler:myComponentRoutineProc unhandled select 0x28
fixme:qtdatahandler:myComponentRoutineProc unhandled select 0xfffffff4
fixme:qtdatahandler:myComponentRoutineProc unhandled select 0x28
fixme:qtsplitter:QT_Process_Movie QuickTime cannot handle media type(-2048)
fixme:quartz:Parser_QueryInterface No interface for {37d84f60-42cb-11ce-8135-00aa004bb851}!
fixme:strmbase:TransformFilterImpl_QueryInterface No interface for {37d84f60-42cb-11ce-8135-00aa004bb851}!
fixme:strmbase:MemInputPin_NotifyAllocator Read only flag not handled yet!
fixme:quartz:DSoundRender_QueryInterface No interface for {37d84f60-42cb-11ce-8135-00aa004bb851}!
fixme:quartz:Parser_QueryInterface No interface for {2dd74950-a890-11d1-abe8-00a0c905f375}!
fixme:quartz:Parser_QueryInterface No interface for {2dd74950-a890-11d1-abe8-00a0c905f375}!
fixme:quartz:Parser_QueryInterface No interface for {56a868b3-0ad4-11ce-b03a-0020af0ba770}!
fixme:strmbase:TransformFilterImpl_QueryInterface No interface for {56a868b3-0ad4-11ce-b03a-0020af0ba770}!
fixme:quartz:Parser_OutputPin_QueryInterface No interface for {56a868a5-0ad4-11ce-b03a-0020af0ba770}!
fixme:quartz:Parser_OutputPin_QueryInterface No interface for {56a868a5-0ad4-11ce-b03a-0020af0ba770}!
err:quartz:ACMWrapper_Receive Error sending sample (80040227)
It means those functions are mostly not present in wine. Not implemented.
May be replace some dll with native?

#71 Josander

Josander

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 07:55 AM

This error occurs usually when Nehrim were not able to load the masterfiles from:

Users/Wineskin/Local Settings/Application Data/Oblivion/plugins.txt

# This file is used to tell Oblivion which data files to load.
# Use the "data files" option in the Oblivion launcher to choose which files
# you want.  Please do not modify this file.

Nehrim.esm
NehrimData.esp
NehrimEnglish.esp

To change keyboard config you have to choose -options- from the main menu, its easy. I had always problems with the Nehrim launcher, so in case you modified the preferences with the Nehrim launcher, trash these preferences in Documents/My Games/Oblivion/ and replace them with the pref. files i posted earlier in this thread.
Load only mods with the Nehrim loader, and again, do other adjustments under Options of the game main menu. Later ill explain you how to get the HD graphics working. But for now you need a playable copy first.

In the past, i changed several dll files inside:
drive_c/windows/

but at the time i used not Dankos Wrapper, but an older Wrapper from Paul the tall and dll files from yet another older wine wrapper from Portingteam. However, thats irrilevant now, because your Wrapper and the Wrapper of Danko are much better and both need only some adjustments to work -on every machine-, we need no older wrappers.
…and thats the part i cant manage myself to get a working Nehrim again. Again, because i played already Nehrim at the time from start to finish, -with an older wrapper-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users