Google Scholar is an alternative version of the research proposal writing services that are characterized by having only scientific and academic content on the results screen, leaving aside everything that has no academic validity. This application can be very useful to those people who do their work by acquiring knowledge, such as researchers and students.
Google Scholar searches publishers, repositories, libraries, and bibliographic databases for information, skipping the more mundane results and providing only books, articles, reports, theses, and other materials of the same nature. In this article, we tell you more about this academic search engine.
C ow to use Google Scholar
Surely, just by describing it, you can see the great utility of this academic search engine. But how is it used? Below we will explain how to operate on this platform so that you can start to improve your training:
- The first thing to do is access the search engine. The link is Scholar.google.com/ but when you have the link, search for “Google Scholar” or “Google Scholar” and you will be able to access it perfectly.
- Once you have entered, you will find a search bar similar to that of conventional Google. Once inside, all the results will appear, also in a similar way to the original version. However, the content will be very different.
- On the left side, there is a column that allows you to filter the results that appear, either by year of publication, by format, by language. The default selection includes all results, so this tool will be very useful in the case of need very recent information or in a language in which you feel more comfortable studying.
- On the right side of some articles, you will see that it gives the option to download the content in pdf. However, this will not be the case in all cases as they are subject to copyright. In addition, some links may only lead to the abstract of a paid article, but according to what research it can be a useful resource.
If you have an email from your educational center, as is the case with those who study at the university, it is advisable to access what they're having logged in with that account. Sometimes schools pay for certain items, in such a way that you can find results that you would not find if you did that search anonymously.
To access the Google Scholar articles from your university, you will have to return to the Google Scholar home page:
1. In the upper left corner you will find a drop-down tab.
2. Click and select settings.
3. After this you will have to go to the library links section and put the name of your center.
4. Another way to obtain this advantage is by accessing Google Scholar from a university computer.
Something else you need to know about Google Scholar is that it has an even more comprehensive filtering option. In the same drop-down that we mentioned before, you will find the option to carry out an advanced search. Here you can enter the keywords you are interested in finding, the type of document you are looking for, and what you are not interested in, among other things. In this way, you will find results that will better suit your needs.
With this information about Scholar Google, the key academic search engine, you already have everything to give a greater degree of depth to your academic training, so let's study!